Dr. A ♥ O

Queen Rania on education and gender parity in the Middle East

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I think I just found my new hero, Queen Rania of Jordan!

I (L) her intelligence and classy beauty.

She is like a positive modern princess Diana for the Arab world without any tragic twists.

Go Queen Rania for her stance on women empowerment through education and fight against child abuse!

More on Queen Rania of Jordan: link

Her official website: link

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I just did a report and speech on her this past school year :)

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Yes she certainly is a positive role model, as well as showing up an a lot of "best Dressed" lists over the years :P

I like her too, I wanted to name my daughter Rania.

she was in a vogue feature a few months back, looking very gorgeous!

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: Timeline
she reminded me of another Light in the Middle East: Queen Noor-al-Hussein (excuse me if I screwed up the spelling). She was darling :yes:

Yes, she does. Noor is who I named my daughter after! :D I adore Queen Noor (just liked the spelling w/ U better)...I met her a few years ago at a SHRM (HR function) in NYC, she was a speaker. :luv:

:dance: As for Queen Rania...Holy sweetness with a hawtness factor. :P She blows any "desperate housewife" away... :devil: Her hubby is the late King Hussein's son (not Noor's son).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

me: do you like Queen Rania?

husband: I have never met her so I don't know if I like her.

me: haven't you at least heard of her?

husband: yes. she is very young and so is the king. They both grew up wealthy so they have the whole world in front of them.

me: have you heard of the things she's done?

husband: you have to know this, she could do a mountain of things but she will never be able to feel what it is like to be the people below her. they are very high up and the people are very low down. how nice of her to have been born so very rich that she is able to do things.

<_<

me: do you think she's pretty?

husband: i don't want to talk about this anymore.

me: as you wish!

So apparently the husband is not too keen on royalty. Hates the Saudi royals with a passion because they live in such uber luxury while people are starving and apparently dislikes any other royalty just as much. I'm just glad he doesn't mince words. :P

Edited by doodlebugg

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Timeline

husband: yes. she is very young and so is the king. They both grew up wealthy so they have the whole world in front of them.

husband: you have to know this, she could do a mountain of things but she will never be able to feel what it is like to be the people below her. they are very high up and the people are very low down. how nice of her to have been born so very rich that she is able to do things.

<_<

So apparently the husband is not too keen on royalty. Hates the Saudi royals with a passion because they live in such uber luxury while people are starving and apparently dislikes any other royalty just as much. I'm just glad he doesn't mince words. :P

Yep...most are not to keen on royalty. Her hubby will never stack up to his dad...IMO. Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians, Egyptians, Saudi's, etc... all hate each others royals/presidents (forced elected ones that is) and then secretly hate their own too :P:devil:

However, I really do think that Noor and Rania have made an impact in their times...

<_<

Queen Rania should whisper to her king before going to bed to give more liberty, freedom, and a sense to Citizenship to his people. She talks like if the problem far away from her and she's trying to find a solution. The problem is right next to her. Arab rulers are the problem of the Arab world. If you like her dress, that's another subject.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Prague, Czech Republic

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-15

Check Cashed: 2009-07-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-20

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-01

NVC Received : 2009-10-06

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-15

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-12-15

Visa Received : 2009-12-16

US Entry :

Marriage :

AOS:

Event Date

CIS Office : Washington DC

Date Filed : 2010-07-26

NOA Date : 2010-08-06

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2010-09-09

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date :2011-01-07

Approval / Denial Date :2011-01-07

Approved : Yes

Got I551 Stamp : No

Greencard Received:

Comments :

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

<_<

Queen Rania should whisper to her king before going to bed to give more liberty, freedom, and a sense to Citizenship to his people. She talks like if the problem far away from her and she's trying to find a solution. The problem is right next to her. Arab rulers are the problem of the Arab world. If you like her dress, that's another subject.

lol you sound like my husband! His best friend in the US is Algerian.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.