L179

AP Countdown....

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hey guys....

Just to get an idea of those victimized by AP...and already got their visa...

Whats a time approximate for how long the AP was?

Thanks

Its been almost 8 years since more than 3000 Americans died due to a lack of "AP". Please do not refer to yourself as a victim for a procedure designed to protect US citizens in their home country.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

You could just as easily say that 3000 Americans died as a result of the Fourth Amedment of the Constitution of the United Sates* and therefore you shouldn't consider yourself a victim even if the government blatantly violates your rights. It's just not a logically valid argument. You can be victimized by things that are, in theory, supposed to protect you.

Not like it would render your argument valid one way or another, but I am curious as to any information you have on AP ever saving anyone's life, or any evidence you have at all that AP would have made even the slightest difference on 9/11.

*This is a serious argument made by serious people. Even Coleen Rowley, who became a hero in liberal circles after 9/11, argued that the FBI's big mistake was to actually bother with normal search warrants when conducting searches. If you want to take the argument further, we could probably reduce the murder rate to 0% if we were willing to deputize half the country and have them follow the other half around.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
You could just as easily say that 3000 Americans died as a result of the Fourth Amedment of the Constitution of the United Sates* and therefore you shouldn't consider yourself a victim even if the government blatantly violates your rights. It's just not a logically valid argument. You can be victimized by things that are, in theory, supposed to protect you.

Not like it would render your argument valid one way or another, but I am curious as to any information you have on AP ever saving anyone's life, or any evidence you have at all that AP would have made even the slightest difference on 9/11.

*This is a serious argument made by serious people. Even Coleen Rowley, who became a hero in liberal circles after 9/11, argued that the FBI's big mistake was to actually bother with normal search warrants when conducting searches. If you want to take the argument further, we could probably reduce the murder rate to 0% if we were willing to deputize half the country and have them follow the other half around.

AP on a foreign national violates no constitutional rights. They cannot be "victims" as they have no right to a visa. I do not support violations of American's constitutional rights.

I take offense to someone referring to themself as a "victim" because of paperwork and administrative process. If you want to discuss the AP process, we can, without editorializing it or making claims of victimhood. Clearly you need to make your arguments in another forum...I suggest "off topic"

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

You are very easily offended. I know plenty of people who would be offended the other way -- by your inserting politics into the discussion and using the dead bodies of thousands of people to make a cheap and wholly illogical political point -- but I personally don't give a damn about it one way or the other, if you want the honest truth.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Gary and Alla,

its fine you take offense however this is an open forum and anyone can word anything anyway they want to. Truly I see no harm. There is also something called figure of speech derived in the 'American' language....victim...maybe the foreign national has a geniuine reason because they have no right to a visa, but what about the citizen? I could be a foreigner visiting the US, and have a child in the US who would be citizen, but is it the land you are born on that makes you loyal to that country? Or is it the culture your family carries? Or is it where your family tree decended from??

Truly there is no one to say that only citizens died on the day of 911. There are many PR's also living and working in the US! There are many citizens also living outside of the US to find a job. Especially if you go to the middle east, teaching in the American school, only reason is so they have cash payment (salary) without tax deductions. A good save for a couple of years till you return home.

Jon Benet Ramsey...was she a victim of a foreign national? or was it a citizen who killed another innocent citizen...an angel in the eyes of God? Is that one citizen not important as the 3000 others? Or is she the only one?

Anyway....i started this thread to figure out, how many citizens are suffering to be apart or distant or separted from their SO because of this AP process. I wish you would respond to the concerned topic. If you are offended by the choice of wording, then maybe start a thread in the 'off topic' about how words offend you and what people should say to make you happy.

thanks

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.