missyk

Our AP got Approved, So how do we use it?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Poland
Timeline

All

So we got our AP approved yesterday. :) We plan to go to Poland this Mid-September to prepare for our church wedding which will be in May 2010. Since this is our first time using an AP, what do we need to know in how to use this document? I read many different threads but I am curious to get your opinions. Do or Do Nots. Please advise.

Thanks

Missy K

05/01/09 - Married in the city of San Francisco.

05/17/09 - 05/21/09 - Preparing papers - (i-130, i-864, i-485, i-765, i-693, g-325a).

05/22/09 - Mailed out papers (Priority Mail - since its Memorial Day Weekend)

05/26/09 - Papers delivered @ 9:06 AM and signed in Chicago by JH

06/03/09 - Checks got cleared after 8 days.

06/05/09 - Received NOAs for I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131

06/12/09 - Received BioMetrics letter. :) Hurray!

06/31/09 - AP Approved

07/01/09 - EA Approved & Card production ordered

07/06/09 - Received AP

07/08/09 - Interview Set for 08/20/09

08/20/09 - Interview and got APPROVED

All

So we got our AP approved yesterday. :) We plan to go to Poland this Mid-September to prepare for our church wedding which will be in May 2010. Since this is our first time using an AP, what do we need to know in how to use this document? I read many different threads but I am curious to get your opinions. Do or Do Nots. Please advise.

Thanks

Missy K

First, you jump and down at the airport - and toss the AP in the air..

hmm

wait

(j/k)

You take the AP with you (with your passport) when you travel, and then upon return, CBP will use them to allow you entry back into the US.

As long as the AP is valid - your good to go.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

You will receive 2 AP documents - take these with you when you travel outside the US. It is pretty straight forward.

Upon reentering - you will need to present these two documents to the CBP officer. He/she will keep on and stamp/return-to-you the other. :thumbs:

Timeline
First, you jump and down at the airport - and toss the AP in the air..

HAHAHA! I was thinking of torching it for the July 4th festivities! Boom!

05/17/09 - 05/21/09 - Preparing papers - (i-130, i-864, i-485, i-765, i-693, g-325a).

06/31/09 - AP Approved

07/06/09 - Received AP

Timeline
Upon reentering - you will need to present these two documents to the CBP officer. He/she will keep on and stamp/return-to-you the other.

One question, if we plan to go out of the country in Sept, the CBP officer will take one of the documents.

What happens if we want to travel in May 2010 for our church wedding?

06/31/09 - AP Approved

07/06/09 - Received AP

One question, if we plan to go out of the country in Sept, the CBP officer will take one of the documents.

What happens if we want to travel in May 2010 for our church wedding?

I believe they make a copy of it (assuming it is check-marked for Multiple Trips).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

I have just gotten back from Poland on the AP document. First of all be prepared for some airlines to get confused. In my case, the agent at the check-in booth had no idea what the document was and had to search for someone who was familiar with it. Overall it was not a big deal. At the POE which for me was JFK, you have to go through the visitor's line and then you are sent for secondary inspection. There, they take both your APs and passport. I received both of the AP documents back -one was stamped and the other one blank. They did not keep the second copy.

Travel on AP is quite straightforward, so no worries.

As to the multiple entries, I believe you bring the stamped AP with you and they will stamp it again with the new entry date.

Edited by BumbleBee77

Just make sure you fill out the visa paper thingy on the plane. We did, went through immigration where an idiot officer (who was at least very nice) tore it up and said we didnt need it. At 2ndary processing we had to fill out another one, but were treated to a litany of complaints against the officer that tore it up which was kind of funny. Helped to pass the time at least.

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.