18 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Looks good Carolina, I was confused as to weather my college education/course work jobs counted as employment also but I figured the fact that I was in full time education definitely counts.

Good luck!.

29/06/2004 Met online

24/10/2004- Officially started dating!

-Various Trips Between the USA and Scotland-

25/12/2007- Steven Proposed, and gave me a lovely Ring!

29/02/2008- Sent I-129F to VSC

22/09/2008-1pm - Recieved Visa!

04/11/2008 -Steven comes back to Scotland for the Celebrations!

09/11/2008- We return home together!

23/01/2009- Wedding!!!

Your I-129f was approved in 108 days from your NOA1 date.

Preparing AOS Forms.

09/4/2009- Sent AOS

11/4/2009- Received and signed for

20/4/2009- Received NOA for AOS/EAD/AP (Dated April 17th)

20/4/2009- USCIS cashed check for $1010

09/5/2009- Biometrics

11/5/2009- Case transferred to CSC

05/6/2009- Received AP

09/6/2009- Received EAD

22/7/2009- Approved!

27/7/2009- Greencard in Hand

Removal of Conditions.

15/5/2011- Received @ VSC

23/5/2011-NOA1

12/07/2011- Biometrics

And yet again another doubt... hope its ok to keep posting them here.

I just read that any document on a foreign language sent to the I-129F by me (fiancé of the US citizen), has to be translated, or in english. Thing is, I just took copies of some receipts and one of the credit card statements showing some of the things I bought in US, to support proof that I did spend time in US. I have LOTS of receipts, all originals from US, so no problem with language there. But the credit card statement, showing the total bills of my expenses there are in my native language.

Based on that, my idea is that I could just take a copy of some of the receipts, giving preference to shows, movies, restaurants and drive thru things, since they have the "swiped" note on them, meaning I just couldn't have bough such things by the web, AND, they are, of course, all in english. I THINK that would be enough.

Would that be enough to make my point (along with the flying tickets, passport stamp and pictures together copies)? Or should I send many more receipts copies AND translate the credit card statements?

5oMDm5.png

For the detailed timeline, please click "Timeline" under my avatar and check the "comments".

ROC Journey:-

05.12.2012 -- Mailed I-751 packet

05.21.2012 -- Check Cashed

05.15.2012 -- NOA1

05.30.2012 -- Biometric notice issued

06.06.2012 -- Biometrics Date (walk-in). Was scheduled for 06/14

xx.xx.2012 -- Card Production Ordered.

xx.xx.2012 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

So I decided to send everything to my fiance, but send on the package just the english stuff. If they ask for more, we send the rest, since what I am sending right now sounds enough. As I read around here, something not translated send is equal to an RFE. Answering just to close the thread for now, thank you all for the help.

5oMDm5.png

For the detailed timeline, please click "Timeline" under my avatar and check the "comments".

ROC Journey:-

05.12.2012 -- Mailed I-751 packet

05.21.2012 -- Check Cashed

05.15.2012 -- NOA1

05.30.2012 -- Biometric notice issued

06.06.2012 -- Biometrics Date (walk-in). Was scheduled for 06/14

xx.xx.2012 -- Card Production Ordered.

xx.xx.2012 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.