xylide

tourist visa for my parents

21 posts in this topic

Sa Windsor ako Sis, malapit sa Fort Collins (kina RonMay). San kayo banda?

Btw, if you decide to push through with your mom’s tourist visa, ensure that your mom reviews her DS-156 (yup, pareho rin ng para sa K1/K3 – one copy nga lang) kasi tinatanong rin un sa interview, kung saan sa titira dun at sino ang titirhan nya, ilang araw sya dun etc.

Hopefully nga mabait un CO na matapat sa mom mo…wag lang kay window 6 (sa 12 atang ininterview nya 2 lang ang inaprove nya…kaloka!)

Goodluck!

Bluerose

since your hubby is in the military he can ask a letter from his CO inviting your mother to come with you here, im planning to do that to my mom also,

i have friends who did that and their mom got approve of a tourist visa, no bank account or assets whatsoever..

im going to have my mum apply for a tourist visa also in aug. : my mum had travel history abroad and ties in PI.

goodluck! :thumbs:

thanks sis... i will ask my hubby about that.. maganda lalo siguro kung sasabihin na madedeploy noh? un bang ganun?Ü - need mo mag present ng orders na madedeploy husband mo :)

i will do that...!

i would suggest wait til you get your visa already. do you have it already? then she can bring it with her

and tell the CO that she'd like to see where her daughter will live and what kind of life she will have there.

but given that the Philippines is a high fraud country, don't expect too much. there are lots of cases where

the person have so many assets here and still nag-TNT sila dun. Kaya even assets are not strong ties.

On going business though will be good... or a good higher manegerial work will be viewed as somewhat

stronger ties.

good luck!

im still having my interview on the 21st, so hopefully will have my visa before July ends...

yea i think it really depends on the CO so im hoping she will have a very very nice CO...

03.14.2011 -------I-751 sent overnight

03.15.2011 -------package says "Delivered"

03.30.2011 -------ASC Appointment Notice Received

04.22.2011 -------Biometrics Appointment

08.29.2011--------APPROVED! GC RECEIVED!

I'm the wife of an American Soldier;

I'm the hope that lives within him after storm clouded days.

The freedom from war that gives wings to his heart,

May they reach across the miles and bind our hearts together

against all that we must face in this world.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi all. my husband is an active duty too in the military. i wanted to have my mom/dad here in the states through tourist visa. but what kind of letter is that from CO that you'd be asking for inviting a parent to come over. also hubby will be deployed in autumn for 6 months. can anyone share please. or pm me pls. thank you much.

~*God Speed*~

I think you should wait for your interview to be approved first and then apply for your mom. There's no harm in trying to get a tourist visa. You can go ahead anytime, it's a make or break. Good luck and God bless you and your mom on your future plans.

I think you should wait for your interview to be approved first and then apply for your mom. There's no harm in trying to get a tourist visa. You can go ahead anytime, it's a make or break. Good luck and God bless you and your mom on your future plans.

thank you..yeah, i think i will just let my interview done first, then we will arrange all her documents needed for her tourist visa application..

d5muaz79s9.pngs-event.png

IR-5 for dad

02/16/12 - mailed I-130

02/27/12 - NOA1 petition received(hubby's birthday!)

06/06/12 - NOA2 stating I-130 approved

06/29/12 - NVC received case

07/09/12 - case entered in the system,assigned MNL # and IIN,email add given

07/12/12 - beneficiary emailed DS-3032, auto response received

07/18/12 - AOS fee bill/paid "IN PROCESS"

07/20/12 - AOS fee bill shows "PAID", mailed AOS package

07/25/12 - received AOS

07/25/12 - IV Fee Bill Invoiced, paid $230.00 "IN PROCESS"

07/26/12 - IV Fee bill shows "PAID"

07/28/12 - mailed IV Package

08/03/12 - received DS 230 packet

08/14/12 - sent RFE

08/16/12 - NVC received RFE

08/21/12 - log in failed

08/22/12 - case complete!

09/26-27/12 - medical at SLMC

10/04/12 - interview

12/01/12 - Left Philippines

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
hi all. my husband is an active duty too in the military. i wanted to have my mom/dad here in the states through tourist visa. but what kind of letter is that from CO that you'd be asking for inviting a parent to come over. also hubby will be deployed in autumn for 6 months. can anyone share please. or pm me pls. thank you much.

You can try, it only costs money.

If "you" or your "parents" have the money, that's a plus... maybe you and/or your parents have enough money (and other assets) for an approval. Money, wealth is key. People will say that a visa requires "strong ties" but Filipinos leave kids and family back home everyday to work abroad so I'm not sure the COs put "family" in the "strong ties" category anymore.

If you don't have your own money for the visa application, airfare, feeding and providing personal needs for you and your parents may not be possible for someone in the US armed forces.

Life..... Nobody gets out alive.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.