ALI555

Everyone going through Administrative Processing in ISLAMABAD

2,010 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Anyone got any ideas as to what we should think about this? :

Zaheer called the embassy last wednesday and they told him Admin Processing was finished, Final review was finished and that that day they were doing some work on the case but he couldn't tell us what it was. He just said that Insha'Allah, in 8-10 days he should get the results. He said call back next week or so and we shall have results for you. So I called DOS yesterday and the girl said its still being worked on and no visas have been issued yet. She didnt say AP. But she said there were no updates since March 17th (when he called them). So, he called the embassy again today, and the guy he spoke to was very confused. He asked him his name two or three times. then he asked him what kind of info he was looking for on his case. He told him what the other guy had told him and he said "oh ok." So he told him the case was still processing. He told him detail for detail what the man he spoke to last week had said so that guy said "Yeah, its still the same." and he said "But you said its still processing. Is AP and final review finished, or not?" and the guy said "Yeah, its finished.. its doing final processing. they are doing work on it now." Zaheer asked "What is final processing?" and he said "You sent documents and so they reviewed it and now they are doing final processing which is where they do things like matching data and printing the visa, and things like that." he kept saying "Dont worry, don't worry, it will not be much longer. It will be finished soon. Maybe couple weeks, or so, but not as long as you are thinking." So Zaheer was quite confused. So when I called DOS today to ask about this call, the girl said "There have been no updates since November 2009 and that says pending AP" and I told her the whole story as listed above. And she said "Oh, ok." checked some different setting and windows and then said "Oh, ok.. its still processing. I dont know what kind of processing. But maybe you are right. The last update just says he called on the 22nd." so.... anyhow.

anybody got any ideas what we should think?????

take care and Allah Hafiz.

~Tara

Zaheer - 25 ; Tara - 26 ;

Married - 01/25/09; Stevie Zainab Ahmed - born 03-18-2010

OUR TIMELINE

03-18-2009 ----- Sent I-130 to USA

03-23-2009 ----- Father sent I-130 to USCIS

03-25-2009 ----- USCIS Received I-130

04-02-2009 ----- Money Order Cashed

04-13-2009 ----- NOA1 Received

04-27-2009 ----- USCIS Received I-129F packet

05-12-2009 ----- NOA1 for I-129F received

08-28-2009 ----- Approval Notices for I-130 and I-129F

09-15-2009 ----- Received Packet 3.5 from NVC

09-26-2009 ----- Sent Packet 3.5 to Embassy

09-30-2009 ----- Interview Appt Letter Received

10-13-2009 ----- Medical Exam @ 2:30pm in Lahore

10-26-2009 ----- Interview Scheduled

10-26-2009 ----- Embassy Closed, reschedule

11-02-2009 ----- Rescheduled Interview - Passed; AP

11-02-2009 ----- Administrative Processing Begins..........

04-23-2010 ----- AP Finished

04-24-2010 ----- Visa Arrives via SpeedEx

05-06-2010 ----- US Entry (Insha'Allah) JFK Airport POE

05-07-2010 ----- Flight from NY to West Palm Beach, FL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Tara, it should be finished soon. We called the DOS and they said its still processing. Like a week later amex or whatever called with the visa ready for pickup. I think the DOS is just slow with everything. By the way, not to be nosy, but how are you handling taking care of the baby on your own? Isn't it hard not only emotionally but financially? I suppose you have your parents to help which is awsome, but don't you still feel lonely? I'm worried about my husband comming and not finding a job in time for the baby to come. What if we both have no jobs? I'm all freaking out now. I also worry that he won't adjust here, alone without his family n friends. I will be exhausted and depressed after the baby is born and I'm just all worried about stuff now. He is comming next week Friday. Tell me how do you stay so calm???

USCIS STAGE

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2008-11-11

I-130 Sent : 2008-12-18

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-12-23

I-130 Approved : 2009-04-23

NOA2 Hard Copy: 2009-04-27

NVC STAGE

NVC Received : 2009-5-5

Case # Assigned: 2009-5-6

Received DS-230 / I-864 Bill : e-mail received 2009-5-20

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-6-2

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-07-10

Return Completed DS-230 : 2009-07-10

Receive IV Bill : 2009-5-20

Pay IV Bill : 2009-6-2

RFE: 2009-7-22

Returned Missing Docs: 2009-7-27

NVC Resumes Processing: 2009-7-30

Case Completed at NVC :2009-8-7

Embassy Stage

Flight to Pakistan: 2009-9-30

Medical: 2009-10-05

Interview: 2009-10-20

AP Start: 2009-10-20

Back to States alone :'( 2010-2-17

AP Done: 2010-2-23

POE:

b7evpzub78.gif

Timeline

Tara, it should be finished soon. We called the DOS and they said its still processing. Like a week later amex or whatever called with the visa ready for pickup. I think the DOS is just slow with everything. By the way, not to be nosy, but how are you handling taking care of the baby on your own? Isn't it hard not only emotionally but financially? I suppose you have your parents to help which is awsome, but don't you still feel lonely? I'm worried about my husband comming and not finding a job in time for the baby to come. What if we both have no jobs? I'm all freaking out now. I also worry that he won't adjust here, alone without his family n friends. I will be exhausted and depressed after the baby is born and I'm just all worried about stuff now. He is comming next week Friday. Tell me how do you stay so calm???

yall pls pray for my husband wellmux, hes in hospital, he had a heart attack, he has a fever feeling dizzy, the doctors wont let him get out of bed or eat solid foods or even talk much, pleaseeeeeeeeeee pray for him, i cannot stop crying, hes only 28 years old, i dont understand this, guys please pray, Pat

event.png

Timeline

ABENITEZ: It is trying, trust me. there are times that just thinking about him not being here already makes me cry so much. I came home from the hospital on Saturday and felt that I was recovering well enough to be at home even though they said I could stay another day. But, by sunday I was in so much pain from the C-Section and then along with the pain, I was crying to hard because I just want him here with me. I miss him so much, especially at night when I used to be able to feel him next to me while I was sleeping. Now, I sleep all alone and its hard to fall asleep without him. Stevie sleeps in her bassinet, but knowing she is there is helpful. I manage taking care of her because I have my parents here. I am at their house right now until Zaheer comes. they have been really helpful and my father is home during the day to help me with her. So after I wake up, change her diaper, feed her, she is awake enough to visit with grandpa while I can eat breakfast and wash some bottles and the pump. It gives me enough time to do things like laundry, showering, etc. Not to mention having a bouncy seat and a swing really helps to entertain her. But, she is a newborn, she eats, then sleeps almost right away. Sometimes she is awake for like an hour or so afterwards, but not very fussy, so she is content to just sit in her boppy or bouncer and listen to music or the sounds from TV. It gives me a chance to relax a little while she is within reach. Zaheer gets to see her daily over Skype and I update him with photos all the time. It is hard not having him here because he wants to be here to help me with feeding her, and he says he wants to help my sore back by massaging it (cuz he read that is what postpartem women need). He has read so many parenting books and newsletters trying to be a good daddy. I know he will be completely ready for her when he gets here.

As far as affording it goes, I dont know what state you live in, but I am in Florida. Because I have no income of my own, and my mother is the only one in the house working, I qualify for Full-Coverage Medicaid. So does Stevie. And on top of that we have WIC and Food Stamps. It has been very helpful. I would contact your department of children and families right away and find out what you can do. Here in Florida we have a coalition called Healthy Mothers Healhty Babies, and I signed up for all this through them. It has been very helpful. Another thing to do is a lot of grocery stores or supermarkets have Baby Clubs where you can sign up and receive discounts and deals from them for baby products and pregnancy stuff. My advice, sign up for any coupons or offers involving baby gear/formula/diapers... etc. No matter where it comes from, Huggies, Pampers.. etc. good luck and keep praying for us. I hope it will all be over soon. Insha'Allah.

PATRICIA: Don't worry, I am constantly praying for Rana bhai. Insha'Allah he will be ok. It is normal for him to be dizzy because of the blood clot. As far as the fever goes, it may be a reaction to the medication they are giving him. it is hard to recover comfortably, especially in Multan where it is very hot especially in the loadshedding. I hope the hospital has a generator. Just keep us posted on how he is recovering. We are praying for him. Take care, and give him our regards.

FEISAL BHAI: thank you so much for the kind words. Having people comfort our worries makes it a little easier to get on day by day. We keep getting confusing people at the embassy. he called them again last night, March 25th for you guys, it was night for me. Everytime we talk to them, they always tell us something different. this guy told him still in AP. So he told him the situation and he said "Yeah.. its still like that. whatever they told you last time, thats what it is. Good bye" and hung up. So.. we get no help. I hope they will be able to tell us something soon. Please pray for us. I need him here with me and Stevie. Take care and enjoy USA. Allah Hafiz.

~Tara

OUR TIMELINE

Timeline

good luck tara looks like ur AP is over.....................and does anyone knw if u have to get a protector stamp after ur visa is in hand? my seat is booked for april 3rd and i have the ticket...........is ths all i need to go......for those who have reached usa plz let me knw if im missing something.......thanx in advance n prayers for all

Timeline

Ok.. now I am really REALLY confused. Anyone.. please help us. Zaheer called the embassy again today and this time the guy told hiim Administrative Processing again. So he said "Sir, I am sorry, but I think you are mistaken. My AP is over and so is my final review. They told me so last week." and the guy said "Yes, sir, you are right, it WAS over. We received your documents, your AP was finished, and so was the review. But then you were placed BACK in Administrative Processing." and he said "How is this possible?" and the man said "It happens sir, it is completely normal. Once your AP is finished, they review the documents and case and decide if the applicant deserves the visa or not, if not, they put them back in AP. It happens, sir. That's all I can tell you." So this is how it went. Now what do we do? How can we be back in AP? How long is it going to take? We have already been in AP for like 144 days! I just want him to come home. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas of what to expect? Please help us. Please please, I am beggin you to pray for us. Its not just me needing him anymore. Its me and Stevie. My dad is unemployed, and I can't go back to work yet because Stevie is too little and after the surgery I can't do anything for 6 weeks. My mother is the only one working to support this whole family. Yes I have food stamps and whatnot... but, I don't want to have to go back to Pakistan with the newborn, travelling, exposing her to a new environment.. etc. But, its the only way he can take care of me and for me not to be a continuing burden on my family. I miss him too much. I can't stay without him. Please please pray for us. Thank you and take care.

Allah Hafiz.

~Tara

OUR TIMELINE

Timeline

Tara... Please dunt stress too much... You need to stay physically and mentally healthy to take care of your baby. Be strong and think it of this way... for now you are father and mother both for baby stevie. What you are already doin is a lot. You have come through all the hard way... Now you are just so close. Inshallah it will be over soon. What's meant to happen will happen. And inshallah he will be here very soon. I always keep praying for you. You know when that time will come you wont be able to blv that he is going to be with you soon inshallah. My husband is coming to US on wednesday, the 31st. He is staying with his sister in NJ when he comes and he will inshallah be visiting atlanta on april 5th. Im counting days. and still unable to blv tht this is actually happenening to me in my real life. he will be with me only for two days and will go back to NJ. And then I dunt know when do I meet him before the shadi. He is going to be in usa and i still wont be with him (not to sound unthankful to Allah). Those two days with him are like dream. Im waiting for the moment when he gets an apartment and our families fix the dates for final rukhsati. anyways Inshallah baby stevie's dad is going to be with you soon. :) Be happy.

I am a word, uttered and repeated by the voice of nature..

Qfuim8.png

AP Track List

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : Feb- 15- 2009

I-130 Approved : April- 04- 2009

NVC Received : May- 05- 2009

NVC Left : Dec- 31st- 2009

Interview Date : Feb- 17th- 2010

Interview Result : Approved- NO AP Alhamdulillah

Visa in Hand: Feb- 25- 2010

Entry in USA: Waiting..... (Inshallah)

Timeline

Mumtaz.... I am sorry i was unable to come to VJ since a while. I thought u were taking care of the spreadsheet.... I have had viral infections and really bad ear infection. My ear is still closed after I recovered from pain like 2 weeks ago. I still have really really bad cough and im getting worried if its anythign serious. Lemme know if u made any updates on the spreadsheet. Also I was thinking didnt u include USmomo inthe spreadsheet. I cudnt find her.

Qfuim8.png

AP Track List

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Timeline

waiting4rana; I am praying for wellmux too. Please update us on his current condition. we would very much like to know if he is doing alright. Inshallah.

Usmomo... I tried calling you but i thought i was dialing the wrong number. I cudnt find the right number for you.. I know its somewhere in my VJ inbox but since when they made changes to this website I am almost unable to use it the way i used it before. Its not been hshah08 friendly yet lol.... I wanted to talk to u and congratulate you on phone. what are the updates... and when r u guys planning to come over here?

Also I have a question if anyone could answer it. Please do so.... my husband's flight is in 2 days.... inshallah... I was worried about POE and the required documents. The white paper tht we got from embassy has some info... i want to double check....

all he need is that secret envelope, xrays, original documents and some forms tht he fills in the plane? right? I ll appreciate if anyone could answer this.

Qfuim8.png

AP Track List

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

waiting4rana; I am praying for wellmux too. Please update us on his current condition. we would very much like to know if he is doing alright. Inshallah.

Usmomo... I tried calling you but i thought i was dialing the wrong number. I cudnt find the right number for you.. I know its somewhere in my VJ inbox but since when they made changes to this website I am almost unable to use it the way i used it before. Its not been hshah08 friendly yet lol.... I wanted to talk to u and congratulate you on phone. what are the updates... and when r u guys planning to come over here?

Also I have a question if anyone could answer it. Please do so.... my husband's flight is in 2 days.... inshallah... I was worried about POE and the required documents. The white paper tht we got from embassy has some info... i want to double check....

all he need is that secret envelope, xrays, original documents and some forms tht he fills in the plane? right? I ll appreciate if anyone could answer this.

hshah thats all what he need ,i had only visa packet and didnt face any problem.

good luck tara looks like ur AP is over.....................and does anyone knw if u have to get a protector stamp after ur visa is in hand? my seat is booked for april 3rd and i have the ticket...........is ths all i need to go......for those who have reached usa plz let me knw if im missing something.......thanx in advance n prayers for all

yes thats all, no need of any protector,

Prayers for Wellmax and Zaheer

USCIS JOURNEY

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2009-03-21

I-130 Sent : 2009-05-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-06-03

I-130 Approved : 2009-08-25 ALHAMDULILLAH ALLAH IS GREATEST

I-130 NOA2 hard copy: 2009-08-29

NVC JOURNEY

NVC Received/case number assigned : 2009-09-04

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2009-09-11

Pay I-864 Bill 2009-09-11 (online)

Receive I-864 Package : 2009-09-14

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-09-15

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2009-09-12 (by email)

DS-3032 accepted : 2009-09-26

Receive IV Bill : 2009-09-26

Pay IV Bill : 2009-09-26

Receive Instruction Package : 2009-09-29

Login Failed : 2009-10-26

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-10-27

NVC Left : 2009-10-28

Interview date : 2009-12-16 APPROVED ALHAMDULILLAH

Visa Received : 2009-12-24

Port of Entry (Houston):2010-01-28 VerySmooth ALHAMDULILLAH

Welcome notice arrived:2010-02-16

Green Card Arrived : 2010-02-25

Removal of Conditions

I-751 Package sent to VSC : 2011-12-03

NOA1 received : 2011-12-23

Timeline

Thanks all for your prayers, wellmux is now home from the hospital, still weak and not allowed to do anything, he will go for angiogram tomorow, pray that there are no more blockages, i will keep you posted on his progress, please pray his visa goes thru soon, Patricia (F)

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Asalamulaikum everyone... how are you all doing? I tried my best to catch up with visajourney.com; but finding a job was the hardest and TIME consuming. Now is a good time because all the "now hiring" signs are posted up. Abenitez, don;t stress that much, however you should browse around places that have a now hiring sign and just get the forms ready. Alhamdulilah my husband finally got a job, we haven't submitted the AOS documents yet.

We did our nikka but we also want a wedding party, I'm debating as to whether I should wait until the party, or I should submit the documents and bring the pictures at the time of the interview...

Also do we submit the AOS and employment authorization card together to vermont service center?

My prayers and duas are with you all, especially wellmux... insha'Allah may he have a fast recovery

Insha'Allah I will try my best to be on visa journey.com more often

ticker.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

If he is flying from Pakistan directly to the States with no flight change in Europe (only a refuel somewhere) then his immigration should be done at the port of entry in the USA.

However if he has a stop over somewhere in Europe (Especially, London, Paris, Amsterdam, Dublin) then tell him to be prepared, his immigration might be done before his flight departs for the US. Most of these Airports now have US immigration enclaves within and you get done and dusted beforehand with all your i-94 landing card completion and submission and brown sealed 'SECRET' envelope declarations including finger printing etc.

In all scenarios, tell him to keep his calm, be prepared to tell the whole (how we met, when we met, and jab we met ... including the) wedding story if the visa officer asks, which i'm 90% certain he will be asked. X-rays are seldom taken. I was told to give it to my doctor in the US if i like as it was not needed for my immigration. This process will more than likely take up to 10 minutes max.

Out of all the POEs so far, JFK (NY) has the most probability of issuance of a work authorization stamp upon arrival.

I cannot emphasize enough how important work authorization is to a new immigrant in the US. I do not think most of us understand what us new immigrants will have to go through here. Unless your fiance / wife / Husband (whoever is the US citizen) earns a fortune, there is no other way to survive but to beg in-laws for financial help to get you the couple through this not just for a month or two, but possibly up to a year. And not to mention having to live in basements or with in-laws for at least a year after the wedding just because you can't afford your own place.

Here's what my wife is having to bear just because she is helping me settle down with her in the land of dreams. This is the extra amount she would be paying out of her hard earned basic salary each month.

Last week we got the following done;

Medical insurance; an extra 484 Dollars per month on top of her own payments of 150 dollars. (Blue Cross Blue Shield) - 7608 Dollar total for the year to have us both medically insured.

Car Insurance: 631 extra for this year as i am a new driver in the US despite my 10 year old driving record from Ireland and Pakistan.

I-485 Adjustment of Status application cost: 1014 Dollars.

Rent: 600 dollars for a 1 bed kitchen and bath basement each month. (Previously she was living with parents). Thats 7200 Dollars extra each year.

No chance of a house mortgage yet as one of us (me) holds no prior credit history. Been told to wait a minimum 2 years before coming back to apply for a mortgage.

Add this all up to see for yourself.

SO please understand that a work authorization is utmost important from day one. The new immigrant spouse must work and start supporting as soon as possible.

TRY AND GET A FLIGHT TO JFK (with no stop overs or flight changes in between) AND REQUEST THE VISA OFFICER TO ISSUE A WORK AUTHORIZATION ON HIS I-94 card. Period.

Non-Irish Applied for K-1 Via Dublin Embassy.

Citizen of Pakistan.

18th April 2009: Sent I129f

23rd April 2009: NOA1

26th August 2009: NOA2

16th November 2009; K-1 Interview Dublin Embassy

On AP for over 95 days.

18th Feb 2010: Entered USA - POE; DUBLIN, Ireland (Thats the way they'r doing it now, immigration done b4 departure)

No work authorization given (Unfortunately!)

5th March 2010: Nikaah (Religious Wedding Ceremony)

26th March 2010: Filed AOS - EAD - Advance Parole

30th April 2010: Biometrics

06th May 2010: CASE TRANSFERRED to California Service Center

18th June 2010: I-485 (AOS) Approved (No Interview)

22nd June 2010: Green Card received (Expiry 2 yrs).

23rd June 2010: Job Hunt Begins

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I forgot something really important;

Brothers and sisters, whatever i have mentioned in my previous post is a personal experience and an overview of what me and my wife are going through at present(only delivered since it was sought).

Under no circumstance do i claim to be either, an expert or a consultant in such matters.

I do not intend any harm to anybody via my views as expressed above.

My suggestion is solely intended for the viewing pleasure of the interested party and not as any legal advice or suggestion whatsoever.

Any disagreements to my previous post or the above said may be kept to one's self only as i am not interested in hearing what others think.

Good luck to all.

Non-Irish Applied for K-1 Via Dublin Embassy.

Citizen of Pakistan.

18th April 2009: Sent I129f

23rd April 2009: NOA1

26th August 2009: NOA2

16th November 2009; K-1 Interview Dublin Embassy

On AP for over 95 days.

18th Feb 2010: Entered USA - POE; DUBLIN, Ireland (Thats the way they'r doing it now, immigration done b4 departure)

No work authorization given (Unfortunately!)

5th March 2010: Nikaah (Religious Wedding Ceremony)

26th March 2010: Filed AOS - EAD - Advance Parole

30th April 2010: Biometrics

06th May 2010: CASE TRANSFERRED to California Service Center

18th June 2010: I-485 (AOS) Approved (No Interview)

22nd June 2010: Green Card received (Expiry 2 yrs).

23rd June 2010: Job Hunt Begins

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.