ALI555

Everyone going through Administrative Processing in ISLAMABAD

2,010 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi i have been a silent member of this forum but have posted for the first time.............It has been pretty helpful. Does anyone know how long it takes to get your passport back from the embassy. I submitted mine on jan. 22nd and its been 5 weeks now n no response form embassy they just keep on saying its uner final review it will take another week or so and when the week passes no reply. does anyone know?

Sorry AAA9, I wish I could give you some news. We're in the same boat, my husband's approval was February 4th and they kept his passport telling him 2-6 weeks before delivery of Visa....we're now half-way through that time frame with no news. At least you've been given some information, I can't get through to the embassy and they are not responding to e-mail inquiries. (well I got a "standard form" response with absolutely no viable information so I don't count that response.)

good luck and I hope you have your Visa soon.

07-24-09 : MARRIED!!!

08-17-09 : I-130 Sent

08-24-09 : I-130 NOA1

09-24-09 : I-130 Approved

10-06-09 : NVC Received

10-17-09 : We Received DS-3032

10-19-09 : Returned Completed DS-3032

11-04-09 : Received IV Bill

11-05-09 : Paid IV Bill online

11-05-09 : Received Instruction Packet

11-21-09 : Paid I-864 fee online

11-19-09 : Received I-864 Package

11-20-09 : FedEx del. DS-230

11-23-09 : RFE on I-864

11-23-09 : Letter of Explanation sent covering dependent issue for RFE on I-864

11-25-09 : Letter Received by NVC

11-30-09 : Return Comp. I-864 signed for by J. Desmond

12-07-09 : Called NVC and they do not show receipt of DS-230 even thought it "may be in the building"

12-09-09 : RFE DS-230-Called NVC and found out we have an RFE on the DS-230, line 30....

12-10-09 : Overnighted RFE requested documents to NVC

12-28-09 : Flew to Lahore...couldn't stand being parted this long...two weeks with the hubby!!

01-05-10 : LOGIN FAILED!!

01-11-10 : Interview scheduled for Feb 4th!!! (doing the happy dance)

02-04-10 : APPROVED...but placed in AP

06-02-10 : STILL WAITING FOR VISA...will this ever be finished and we can finally be together?

07-09-10 : Visa Received!!!

07-17-10 : Arrived in the US safely via Chicago :-)

Timeline
Sorry AAA9, I wish I could give you some news. We're in the same boat, my husband's approval was February 4th and they kept his passport telling him 2-6 weeks before delivery of Visa....we're now half-way through that time frame with no news. At least you've been given some information, I can't get through to the embassy and they are not responding to e-mail inquiries. (well I got a "standard form" response with absolutely no viable information so I don't count that response.)

good luck and I hope you have your Visa soon.

yah ur right bella chele but i guess ur in AP.let me tell my details to u our Immigrant visa nterview was on 29th december 2009 and den on 20 january 2010 our AP was over n den 21st january 2010 visa was issued.22n january i got call from embassy to submitt passport s thy can satmp da visa on it.n now its been 5 weeks n embassy still say thy nees 2-4 weeks more n some times thy say my visa is under final stages n it will take one week but dat week already paased n no response yet

fiesal i have see u got visa in hand after 35 days but did u contacted embassy n u faced similar situation

Timeline
yah ur right bella chele but i guess ur in AP.let me tell my details to u our Immigrant visa nterview was on 29th december 2009 and den on 20 january 2010 our AP was over n den 21st january 2010 visa was issued.22n january i got call from embassy to submitt passport s thy can satmp da visa on it.n now its been 5 weeks n embassy still say thy nees 2-4 weeks more n some times thy say my visa is under final stages n it will take one week but dat week already paased n no response yet

fiesal i have see u got visa in hand after 35 days but did u contacted embassy n u faced similar situation

sorry jst a correction my interview was on 16th dec 2009.n now its been 35 days since visa issued.n embassy say thy need more time.involving congressman would help out?

Filed: Timeline

Hi all

My wife and 30 months baby interview was on 24 the feb and they gave my wife green sheet which is called blue sheet whatever and said 4 to 6 weeks.Very frustated as i filed for her in 2006 .Please pray for me and my wife.I hope this AP is quick.The officer was very nice as my wife told me just asked 3 or 4 questions and said that we have to do AP and asked my wife to leave the passports if my wife wants it to be quick so my wife gave them the passports.I was so sad that i called in sick to my job on that day.but this forum gives me hope.Thanks everyone

Timeline

AAA: WOW, ok now I'm scared! So even if my husband get's notice his visa is ready it could be months more before it's actually in hand? And then there are those on here that have it in hand in 24 hours? I wonder why the discrepancy in timing?

Fasi...Inshallah, you'll have your wife and baby with you soon. This process is making so many of us depressed...I know I've had days where I've gone to work but really not functioned well because of stress/depression. I feel your pain brother!!

I think we all feel pain right now.

07-24-09 : MARRIED!!!

08-17-09 : I-130 Sent

08-24-09 : I-130 NOA1

09-24-09 : I-130 Approved

10-06-09 : NVC Received

10-17-09 : We Received DS-3032

10-19-09 : Returned Completed DS-3032

11-04-09 : Received IV Bill

11-05-09 : Paid IV Bill online

11-05-09 : Received Instruction Packet

11-21-09 : Paid I-864 fee online

11-19-09 : Received I-864 Package

11-20-09 : FedEx del. DS-230

11-23-09 : RFE on I-864

11-23-09 : Letter of Explanation sent covering dependent issue for RFE on I-864

11-25-09 : Letter Received by NVC

11-30-09 : Return Comp. I-864 signed for by J. Desmond

12-07-09 : Called NVC and they do not show receipt of DS-230 even thought it "may be in the building"

12-09-09 : RFE DS-230-Called NVC and found out we have an RFE on the DS-230, line 30....

12-10-09 : Overnighted RFE requested documents to NVC

12-28-09 : Flew to Lahore...couldn't stand being parted this long...two weeks with the hubby!!

01-05-10 : LOGIN FAILED!!

01-11-10 : Interview scheduled for Feb 4th!!! (doing the happy dance)

02-04-10 : APPROVED...but placed in AP

06-02-10 : STILL WAITING FOR VISA...will this ever be finished and we can finally be together?

07-09-10 : Visa Received!!!

07-17-10 : Arrived in the US safely via Chicago :-)

Timeline

Fasi looks like your wife is stuck in the so called "Black Hole". But do not worry as AP is much longer for men than for women. Females usually have a short AP. My Interview wa son Dec. 16th and result was also AP but it was over after 35 days. But the good thing is that they kept ur wife aand child's passports. If they keep the passport you usually get it back faster. Although my AP is over i am still waiting to get my passport back from the embassy. Visa has been issued on jan. 21st n still no reply. We are on the same boat...........Dont lose hope your Wife's AP will be over in no time!!! Inshallah.......

Timeline
AAA: WOW, ok now I'm scared! So even if my husband get's notice his visa is ready it could be months more before it's actually in hand? And then there are those on here that have it in hand in 24 hours? I wonder why the discrepancy in timing?

Fasi...Inshallah, you'll have your wife and baby with you soon. This process is making so many of us depressed...I know I've had days where I've gone to work but really not functioned well because of stress/depression. I feel your pain brother!!

I think we all feel pain right now.

Ya'll are so fortunate to at least be out of ap, i wish we were out of ap, all to do is wait :dance:

event.png

Timeline

Dont worry bella chele, waiting4rana , n fasi......... everyone will b out of this mess soon!!! Inshallah. This doesn't mean anythign is wrong with your case.....I remember the frustration of AP....... it feels like its never gana end but it did wtin 35 days.... so for all the males in AP it doesnt necessarily mean ull be stuck forever......... for some males AP has lasted for only a short period of time. :star:

Timeline

tomorrow one month will complete after my 1st interview & AP and still i didn't hear anything yet abt my visa.

plz keep pray for us bz we r really depressed that there is something wrong that y they keep my original documents i don;t know that for wat they keep my original documents thats scared us..... :crying:

any advise plz???

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Please AAA9 and fasi could you please tell what your visa categories are(k1,k3,Ir1 etc) and also whether male or female...and interview dates and embassy call dates that either ap ended or visa stamped...whichever is recent. I would like to add you to the spreadsheet, if you don't mind that is?

Edited by MumtazG38

USCIS *CR-1*

Service Center : California Service Center

02-17-09 : I-130 Sent

02-18-09 : Received

02-24-09 : NOA1

02-27-09 : NOA1 HC

03-16-09 : NOA2

NVC

04-08-09 : C# Assigned

04-10-09 : DS-3032/AOS GEN

04-12-09 : DS-3032 emailed

04-21-09 : DS-3032 accpt

04-21-09 : AOS PAID

04-21-09 : IV bill GEN

04-28-09 : IV bill PAID

05-11-09 : IV pkg sent(NVC)

05-13-09 : Delivered

05-15-09 : Review(RFE)

07-24-09 : AOS pkg sent to NVC

07-27-09 : Delivered

07-28-09 : Review (RFE)

08-12-09 : Review

08-18-09 : Sign in Failed

08-19-09 : case complete

09-01-09 : Interview Scheduled

Embassy

09-14-09 : Forward Case

09-15-09 : Medical

09-19-09 : Case Received

10-16-09 : Visa Interview

11-14-09 : V.I.H

11-27-09 : POE (JFK, NY) = 9m 10d^^

COMPLETE TIMELINE LOCATED HERE. CLICK ABOUT ME.

Ya Ali Madad!

7iQqm4.pngVRGfm4.png

94W4m4.pngCTWvm5.png

Timeline
Please AAA9 and fasi could you please tell what your visa categories are(k1,k3,Ir1 etc) and also whether male or female...and interview dates and embassy call dates that either ap ended or visa stamped...whichever is recent. I would like to add you to the spreadsheet, if you don't mind that is?

hi mumtaz.n yah sure ive given my details but again ill give it to u n u can add us on spread sheet

Sex:Male

Category:CR1

Interview at us embassy islamabad: 16th dec 2009 @ 8.am

AP over: 20 january 2010 (DOS operator said AP is over)

Visa issued: 21st january 2010

visa printed: 24th febraury 2010 (embassy said visa is printed and its now in the process of being mailed)

And now its been 37 days since visa issued n no +ive reponse from embassy thy jst say to wait couple of weeks more as visa is in final review.wat kind of final review is dat i hae seen on dis forum k ppl get back thier pasports in 2-3 days.

i would be very thankful to feisal n hopeful 786 reply.n im praing for all of u get out of dis mess very soon inshallah

Timeline

And mumtaz jst to add one more thing.Thy did not kept my passport at inteview and i got call from embassy to submitt pasport on 22nd january 2010 saing that my visa is ready .but now im jst getting so frustrated that if everything is ready why the hell embassy not returning passport back.so annoing really

Timeline
My Visa was printed on the 29th December - got a call on the 5thJan and it was finally delivered pn 10th Feb.

I suppose it takes around 40 days or less for Final review.

Thank you fiesal for ur reply.but im jst confused now print date or issue date cuz my visa issue date was on 21st january 2010.and a week b4 whn i called thy told me its been printed we jst have to paste it on my passprt dis may take a week or two and can also be done in 2-3 days.the reason thy told me is that embassy is taking dis much time because of backlog.but the thing i dot understand dat how some ppl get thier passports back jst aftr a week of visa issued.anywayz thank u for ur support n replies cuz dis gives me some comfort.last week i have contacted to a congressman n she said that she can help us out in dis issue because its not AP.lets see how it goes.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.