ALI555

Everyone going through Administrative Processing in ISLAMABAD

2,010 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
My fiance got a reply from the US Embassy in London today, they asked him to email the DS-157 to them as an attachment. Thanks to another VJ member here: Stephen+Elisha, we got the savable version of the DS-157, and emailed it to the embassy today. InshaAllah it should not be long now.

Awesome news Marm,its easier that way and plus DS-157 doesnt require signature.U shud come in this forum often its a lucky forum :)

My fiance got a reply from the US Embassy in London today, they asked him to email the DS-157 to them as an attachment. Thanks to another VJ member here: Stephen+Elisha, we got the savable version of the DS-157, and emailed it to the embassy today. InshaAllah it should not be long now.

Awesome news Marm,its easier that way and plus DS-157 doesnt require signature.U shud come in this forum often its a lucky forum :)

I do feel welcome here :yes: (and of course it has proven to be lucky, for me as well as everyone who has gotten out of AP so soon and the rest waiting InshaAllah well get out of it soon as well). My fiance would have gone through the US Embassy in Islamabad if he had not been in the UK, but then we would have preferred to go the CR-1 route, something that I would advise everyone...go the CR-1 route, it's the best in all aspects: money, green card, and the wait time is about the same for Pakistanis. I wish the best to everyone else in here too, and I will for sure be posting updates here.

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I do feel welcome here :yes: (and of course it has proven to be lucky, for me as well as everyone who has gotten out of AP so soon and the rest waiting InshaAllah well get out of it soon as well). My fiance would have gone through the US Embassy in Islamabad if he had not been in the UK, but then we would have preferred to go the CR-1 route, something that I would advise everyone...go the CR-1 route, it's the best in all aspects: money, green card, and the wait time is about the same for Pakistanis. I wish the best to everyone else in here too, and I will for sure be posting updates here.

Yes, i agree, this is a luckey thread, almost evrey week some is getting out of AP. My parents got a call to submit their passport :) IA, Everybody will be out of AP soon.

Yes, i agree, this is a luckey thread, almost evrey week some is getting out of AP. My parents got a call to submit their passport :) IA, Everybody will be out of AP soon.

InshaAllah we pray so too ^^^

I have a cousin who is in Pakistan, recently got approved for CR-1 visa and her husband is here in the USA. They got married in Pakistan about 2 years ago, and now her husband wants to hold a little reception-type thing here for his side of the family that were unable to attend the wedding in Pakistan. I wanted to ask whether couples in here, who have gone through the CR-1 route and are Pakistani, did you do any such thing? And what does one write on the invitation cards? It is not a reception for the wedding, as it has been ~2 years since the wedding...so what is the party called, and how did you guys do it? Just wanted suggestions from any Pakistani couples on here who held such a party in the USA for those that couldn't be at the wedding in Pakistan when it actually happened. Thanks in advance! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
Every1 - Please3 update me on AP stats - the AP List is back online now and i have control :)

Hopefully I'll be able to update you with a change soon :) ....but it's all the same right now.. Eid Mubarak and thanks for all your help Feisal, excited for your 2-Month AP Anniversary?? ;)

--------------------

OMAR & HALEY'S K-1 PROCESS

11/11/2008 - FILED I-129F

11/18/2008 - NOA1 RECEIVED

03/11/2009 - RECEIVED NOA2 (approved!)

03/19/2009 - NVC RECEIVED CASE FILE

04/01/2009 - NVC SENT CASE TO ISL EMBASSY

04/06/2009 - ISL EMBASSY RECEIVED CASE FILE

********* - NEVER RECEIVED PACKET 3.5 FROM ISL (called / emailed, no luck)

********* - CREATED OUR OWN PACKET WITH ITEMS THE ISL EMBASSY TOLD US IN EMAIL THAT THEY NEEDED

06/10/2009 - SUBMITTED PACKET 3.5 TO AMEX IN ISLAMABAD

06/16/2009 - RECEIVED INTERVIEW LETTER THROUGH AMEX IN ISLAMABAD

07/20/2009 - INTERVIEW (approved!) AP

10/12/2009 - 3 MONTHS OF AP COMPLETE...

10/21/2009 - CALL TO SUBMIT PASSPORT!

11/04/2009 - U.S. EMBASSY, ISLAMABAD RECIEVED PASSPORT IN MAIL (NOW UNDER FINAL REVIEW)

11/16/2009 - U.S. EMBASSY, ISLAMABAD MAILED PASSPORT W/ VISA TO U.S. EMBASSY KABUL

11/22/2009 - CALL TO PICK UP PASSPORT!

12/01/2009 - FLYING TO U.S.!!!!!!!!!

12/02/2009 - HE'S HERE!!! <3 <3 <3

12/07/2009 - MARRIED IN COLORADO! <3

12/20/2010 - APPLIED FOR SOCIAL SECURITY CARD

04/09/2010 - RECEIVED WORK AUTHORIZATION CARD IN THE MAIL!

06/20/2010 - DID SECOND INTERVIEW

08/10/2010 - RECEIVED 2-YEAR GREEN CARD!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Eid Mubarak everyone, may your prayers and fasts get accepted... I have a question, on my fiance's sheet it marks 221g for additional documents and other which is to submit passport via Kabul embassy when he gets a call. However, it did not say administrative processing... does that mean no AP? or the CO is just fooling him? lol

Every1 - Please3 update me on AP stats - the AP List is back online now and i have control :)

L179 and WAITING4APPROVAL got the call from the embassy August 24, 2009 I believe

ticker.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
Eid Mubarak everyone, may your prayers and fasts get accepted... I have a question, on my fiance's sheet it marks 221g for additional documents and other which is to submit passport via Kabul embassy when he gets a call. However, it did not say administrative processing... does that mean no AP? or the CO is just fooling him? lol

L179 and WAITING4APPROVAL got the call from the embassy August 24, 2009 I believe

Was the same thing with us... paper didn't say AP, but it is. Our CO even told us to go ahead and submit his passport as soon as we got back to Kabul, but the paper says to wait and we still haven't gotten a call... so yea, it's all AP but maybe the CO wants to be the nice guy. If you got a 221g, it's AP.... sorry hopeful... how are you?? Eid Mubarak and I hope the waiting isn't too hard on you now that you know your fiance's approved!

It's really been killin me! haha... but what can we do? :) Khushbakht bashee ba hama!

--------------------

OMAR & HALEY'S K-1 PROCESS

11/11/2008 - FILED I-129F

11/18/2008 - NOA1 RECEIVED

03/11/2009 - RECEIVED NOA2 (approved!)

03/19/2009 - NVC RECEIVED CASE FILE

04/01/2009 - NVC SENT CASE TO ISL EMBASSY

04/06/2009 - ISL EMBASSY RECEIVED CASE FILE

********* - NEVER RECEIVED PACKET 3.5 FROM ISL (called / emailed, no luck)

********* - CREATED OUR OWN PACKET WITH ITEMS THE ISL EMBASSY TOLD US IN EMAIL THAT THEY NEEDED

06/10/2009 - SUBMITTED PACKET 3.5 TO AMEX IN ISLAMABAD

06/16/2009 - RECEIVED INTERVIEW LETTER THROUGH AMEX IN ISLAMABAD

07/20/2009 - INTERVIEW (approved!) AP

10/12/2009 - 3 MONTHS OF AP COMPLETE...

10/21/2009 - CALL TO SUBMIT PASSPORT!

11/04/2009 - U.S. EMBASSY, ISLAMABAD RECIEVED PASSPORT IN MAIL (NOW UNDER FINAL REVIEW)

11/16/2009 - U.S. EMBASSY, ISLAMABAD MAILED PASSPORT W/ VISA TO U.S. EMBASSY KABUL

11/22/2009 - CALL TO PICK UP PASSPORT!

12/01/2009 - FLYING TO U.S.!!!!!!!!!

12/02/2009 - HE'S HERE!!! <3 <3 <3

12/07/2009 - MARRIED IN COLORADO! <3

12/20/2010 - APPLIED FOR SOCIAL SECURITY CARD

04/09/2010 - RECEIVED WORK AUTHORIZATION CARD IN THE MAIL!

06/20/2010 - DID SECOND INTERVIEW

08/10/2010 - RECEIVED 2-YEAR GREEN CARD!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Was the same thing with us... paper didn't say AP, but it is. Our CO even told us to go ahead and submit his passport as soon as we got back to Kabul, but the paper says to wait and we still haven't gotten a call... so yea, it's all AP but maybe the CO wants to be the nice guy. If you got a 221g, it's AP.... sorry hopeful... how are you?? Eid Mubarak and I hope the waiting isn't too hard on you now that you know your fiance's approved!

It's really been killin me! haha... but what can we do? :) Khushbakht bashee ba hama!

So far the waiting hasn't drained us YET, and with the next few days of Eid... it has kept us pretty busy and I know it will be like that for a week. So far a week has passed by and it doesn't even feel like it alhamdulilah

For ours it said we will call you as soon as you submit the documents and as soon as your case is ready to proceed.

insha'Allah may Allah swt give us the patience we need to overcome this wait.

ticker.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Eid Mubarak guys....quick question, can we bring photo albums into the embassy or is it preferred just to bring a stack of pictures?

USCIS STAGE

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2008-11-11

I-130 Sent : 2008-12-18

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-12-23

I-130 Approved : 2009-04-23

NOA2 Hard Copy: 2009-04-27

NVC STAGE

NVC Received : 2009-5-5

Case # Assigned: 2009-5-6

Received DS-230 / I-864 Bill : e-mail received 2009-5-20

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-6-2

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-07-10

Return Completed DS-230 : 2009-07-10

Receive IV Bill : 2009-5-20

Pay IV Bill : 2009-6-2

RFE: 2009-7-22

Returned Missing Docs: 2009-7-27

NVC Resumes Processing: 2009-7-30

Case Completed at NVC :2009-8-7

Embassy Stage

Flight to Pakistan: 2009-9-30

Medical: 2009-10-05

Interview: 2009-10-20

AP Start: 2009-10-20

Back to States alone :'( 2010-2-17

AP Done: 2010-2-23

POE:

b7evpzub78.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Eid Mubarak everyone.. Abentiez, yes you can bring photo albums to the embassy.. I had one for the wedding and another one for after wedding pics.. they didn't even look though!

Feisal.. we got the call from embassy on August 26, 2009 and picked up the passport on August 27th!

Edited by waiting4approval

Marriage January 23, 2005

USCIS

August 14, 2006- I-130 Sent

September 22, 2008- NOA 1 Received

September 17, 2008- Became a USC

September 18, 2008- Upgraded I-130

March 20, 2009 - NOA2 (email)

March 25, 2009- NOA2 (hardcopy Received)

NVC

April 3, 2009 - Case Number Assigned

June 5, 2009 CASE COMPLETED AT NVC

June 9, 2009 Interview Date Assigned

July 16, 2009 Interview AP

August 24, 2009 DOS Operator said "VISA HAS BEEN ISSUED TODAY" Alhamdulillah

August 26, 2009 call from embassy to PICK UP THE PASSPORT :-)

August 27, 2009 Picked up the passport... woohooo!!!

September 9, 2009 US Entry InshaAllah

October 13, 2009 SSN and green card in mail DONE WITH USCIS until husband applies for his citizenship!!

The journey of 4 years, 8 months, and 3 weeks has ended!!!

.png

How is everyone doing? I guess still celebrating the Eid holidays :yes:

I have good news, (I think). A very nice DOS rep told me today that my fiance has been approved but his visa is pending issuance. They actually transferred his K-1 from the IV unit to the NIV unit (so it can be processed faster there, as the DOS rep told me) and that is why they requested another DS-157. But she was not able to tell me whether they put his new DS-157 into the system yet. InshaAllah they have put it in the system, and it will be a few days or a week or so until it is issued. But I am waiting until he receives it in his hand before I can be happy and celebrate. How is everyone else?

ETA: Oh and yes, I confirmed this information by calling DOS 3x today...can't risk being misinformed by a DOS rep, especially since it has happened to us before.

Edited by MARM

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
How is everyone doing? I guess still celebrating the Eid holidays :yes:

I have good news, (I think). A very nice DOS rep told me today that my fiance has been approved but his visa is pending issuance. They actually transferred his K-1 from the IV unit to the NIV unit (so it can be processed faster there, as the DOS rep told me) and that is why they requested another DS-157. But she was not able to tell me whether they put his new DS-157 into the system yet. InshaAllah they have put it in the system, and it will be a few days or a week or so until it is issued. But I am waiting until he receives it in his hand before I can be happy and celebrate. How is everyone else?

ETA: Oh and yes, I confirmed this information by calling DOS 3x today...can't risk being misinformed by a DOS rep, especially since it has happened to us before.

Thanks Allah its about time yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

sara

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.