ALI555

Everyone going through Administrative Processing in ISLAMABAD

2,010 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
hi, i was a silent member for this post for the last month after my interview for CR1 on 28/08/09. i m really impressed by this forum n i really got help from this forum. i appreciate all active members. Also i want 2 share that i have received call from embassy to submit my passport n it is due to almighty God. I recited SURA MUZZAMIL for continuous 3 days, 41 times each day, while reciting no breaks n after 3 days God blessed me. I saw this also on this forum by some member. Thanx forum for sharing n i m sharing my experience 2 in reply....... Good Luck 2 everyone who r still in AP.

Really glad it worked out for you. :) yes i recited this surat as well and got a call the second day, i still did finish it the third day too. but really, It worked like a miracle. all you guys out there who have been stuck a little longer than they should be, try it, InshaAllah Allah will bless you all.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

WE ARE ON ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW. MY HUSBAND GOT THE WHITE SLIP. I AM SO SAD AND BEEN CRYING ALL NIGHT. TODAY WAS MY BIRTHDAY AND EVEN THE CONSUL KNEW IT. THEY DIDNT EVEN LOOK AT MY HUSBANDS DOCUMENTS, ALL THOSE THINGS I ASKED HIM TO BRING. THEY JUST WANTED TO SEE PHOTOS OF US. EVEN THE POLICE CLEARANCE THAT WE WERE REQUIRED TO BRING AGAIN TO THE INTERVIEW (THE PAKISTAN POLICE CLEARANCE). HE SAID OUR DOCUMENTS WERE FINE AND THEY WERE COMPLETE.

HE SAID THAT THEY HAVE TO CHECK FURTHER SOME THINGS WHEN HE ASKED MY HUSBAND HOW OFTEN HE GOES BACK HOME TO PAKISTAN ( MY HUSBAND SAID EVERY YEAR FOR ABOUT TWO MONTHS DURING SUMMER VACATION WHEN I AM OFF SCHOOL TO VISIT MY PARENTS). I WISH I WAS THERE AT THE INTERVIEW. BECAUSE WHEN HE SAID ALL YOUR DOCUMENTS ARE FINE THEN I WOULD HAVE SAID THEN WHERE THE HELL IS OUR VISA?

THE ONLY THING THAT IS OPTIMISTIC IN OUR CASE IS THAT THEY KEPT MY HUSBANDS PASSPORT AND THAT THEY TOOK HIS NAME, ADDRESS, EMAIL AND PHONE NUMBER SO THAT THEY CAN CONTACT HIM WHEN THEY SEND THE VISA.

HOW LONG IS THIS AND WHAT SHALL I DO NOW?

(OUR STORY: MY HUSBAND IS FROM PAKISTAN AND BUT HE HAS BEEN LIVING IN THE PHILIPPINES FOR 6 YEARS NOW. HE IS A MEDICAL DOCTOR STUDYING FOR HIS BOARDS TO PRACTICE HERE IN THE UNITED STATES. WE HAVE A SON AND WE BOTH MET IN THE PHILIPPINES. HIS INTERVIEW WAS ON SEPT. 25, IN MANILA EMBASSY PHILIPPINES)

June 2004...i sat down on the bench to tie my shoelaces (literally) not knowing i would marry the man i just sat down next to...

Oct. 18, 2007...Married

Oct. 27, 2007...my beautiful son is born

USCIS IR-1/CR-1 Visa Journey

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

Feb. 05, 2009: I 130 sent

Feb. 12, 2009: NAO1

Feb. 17, 2009: first touch

Feb. 18, 2009: Touch

May 01, 2009: Touch and NAO2 mailed...yeah hey!

May 08, 2009: NAO2 in the mail

NVC Journey

May 15, 2009: NVC case number

May 18, 2009: Gave email add to NVC

May 28, 2009: Received DS 3032 / I-864 Bill

June 1, 2009: Paid I-864 Bill

June 5, 2009: sent AOS stuff

June 29, 2009: sent DS 230

June 28 - Aug. 8: i spent time with my boys in the philippines

IN A BIG HUGE BLUR...OUR CASE WAS COMPLETED AUGUST 5, 2009 (AFTER RFE: HUSBAND'S ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE) AND MY HUSBANDS INTERVIEW WILL BE SEPTEMBER 25, 2009...WE HOPE AND PRAY WE GET IT!

CURRENTLY DOING: PREPARING DOCUMENTS FOR MY SON'S PETITION!

...I am one day further from the last time I saw you but I am one day closer to the next time I will...

Filed: Timeline
Kami - What is your full name and How is your travel history have u been to USA before?? - short AP means only a Name check was done on you which is good.

Your interview was 1 week after mine so this gives me and a lot of others hope :)

Thank u faisal, my name is Kamran n i have never been to US. U must recite sura muzzamil as the way i said by keeping ur AP in mind. IA God will bless u.

Good Luck.

Filed: Timeline
hi, i was a silent member for this post for the last month after my interview for CR1 on 28/08/09. i m really impressed by this forum n i really got help from this forum. i appreciate all active members. Also i want 2 share that i have received call from embassy to submit my passport n it is due to almighty God. I recited SURA MUZZAMIL for continuous 3 days, 41 times each day, while reciting no breaks n after 3 days God blessed me. I saw this also on this forum by some member. Thanx forum for sharing n i m sharing my experience 2 in reply....... Good Luck 2 everyone who r still in AP.

Really glad it worked out for you. :) yes i recited this surat as well and got a call the second day, i still did finish it the third day too. but really, It worked like a miracle. all you guys out there who have been stuck a little longer than they should be, try it, InshaAllah Allah will bless you all.

Thanx zee12 for sharing this priceless information, may God bless u. Take Care.

I recited SURA MUZZAMIL for continuous 3 days, 41 times each day, while reciting no breaks n after 3 days God blessed me.

:thumbs: Allah has put many blessings in this wazifa!

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
WE ARE ON ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW. MY HUSBAND GOT THE WHITE SLIP. I AM SO SAD AND BEEN CRYING ALL NIGHT. TODAY WAS MY BIRTHDAY AND EVEN THE CONSUL KNEW IT. THEY DIDNT EVEN LOOK AT MY HUSBANDS DOCUMENTS, ALL THOSE THINGS I ASKED HIM TO BRING. THEY JUST WANTED TO SEE PHOTOS OF US. EVEN THE POLICE CLEARANCE THAT WE WERE REQUIRED TO BRING AGAIN TO THE INTERVIEW (THE PAKISTAN POLICE CLEARANCE). HE SAID OUR DOCUMENTS WERE FINE AND THEY WERE COMPLETE.

HE SAID THAT THEY HAVE TO CHECK FURTHER SOME THINGS WHEN HE ASKED MY HUSBAND HOW OFTEN HE GOES BACK HOME TO PAKISTAN ( MY HUSBAND SAID EVERY YEAR FOR ABOUT TWO MONTHS DURING SUMMER VACATION WHEN I AM OFF SCHOOL TO VISIT MY PARENTS). I WISH I WAS THERE AT THE INTERVIEW. BECAUSE WHEN HE SAID ALL YOUR DOCUMENTS ARE FINE THEN I WOULD HAVE SAID THEN WHERE THE HELL IS OUR VISA?

THE ONLY THING THAT IS OPTIMISTIC IN OUR CASE IS THAT THEY KEPT MY HUSBANDS PASSPORT AND THAT THEY TOOK HIS NAME, ADDRESS, EMAIL AND PHONE NUMBER SO THAT THEY CAN CONTACT HIM WHEN THEY SEND THE VISA.

(OUR STORY: MY HUSBAND IS FROM PAKISTAN AND BUT HE HAS BEEN LIVING IN THE PHILIPPINES FOR 6 YEARS NOW. HE IS A MEDICAL DOCTOR STUDYING FOR HIS BOARDS TO PRACTICE HERE IN THE UNITED STATES. WE HAVE A SON AND WE BOTH MET IN THE PHILIPPINES. HIS INTERVIEW WAS ON SEPT. 25, IN MANILA EMBASSY PHILIPPINES)

In manila they give white slips for AP but at ISL they have either green or blue letters,i got a green one saying i am in admin processing.Its pretty common for paki males to put under AP or AR.Doesnt matter where they file their cases at like in ur case its manila.I was reading another forum admin processing/admin review and all of the members are from philippines and received white slips,u shud check it out.I had the similar experence at the interview, CO kept my passport and told me the same thing that everything looks good but we need to do some office work.My point here is you dont need to cry you just have to wait and hang in there theres nothing can be done to expedite the admin process.....I have been in AP since last 2 1/2 months and counting... by the way do u know how to make adobo? :) .... Hang in the there everything will be fine IA.

Timeline

In manila they give white slips for AP but at ISL they have either green or blue letters,i got a green one saying i am in admin processing.Its pretty common for paki males to put under AP or AR.Doesnt matter where they file their cases at like in ur case its manila.I was reading another forum admin processing/admin review and all of the members are from philippines and received white slips,u shud check it out.I had the similar experence at the interview, CO kept my passport and told me the same thing that everything looks good but we need to do some office work.My point here is you dont need to cry you just have to wait and hang in there theres nothing can be done to expedite the admin process.....I have been in AP since last 2 1/2 months and counting... by the way do u know how to make adobo? :) .... Hang in the there everything will be fine IA.

2 and a half months? that is a long time, do u keep calling them to ask what is going on?

and yes i can cook adobo...my husband loves it very much...i am missing him so much. he isnt feeling as bad as me and he is so optimistic and positive. he said why are u crying like we got denied or something. =( oh well...

June 2004...i sat down on the bench to tie my shoelaces (literally) not knowing i would marry the man i just sat down next to...

Oct. 18, 2007...Married

NVC Journey

IN A BIG HUGE BLUR...OUR CASE WAS COMPLETED AUGUST 5, 2009 (AFTER RFE: HUSBAND'S ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE) AND MY HUSBANDS INTERVIEW WILL BE SEPTEMBER 25, 2009...WE HOPE AND PRAY WE GET IT!

...I am one day further from the last time I saw you but I am one day closer to the next time I will...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

2 and a half months? that is a long time, do u keep calling them to ask what is going on?

and yes i can cook adobo...my husband loves it very much...i am missing him so much. he isnt feeling as bad as me and he is so optimistic and positive. he said why are u crying like we got denied or something. =( oh well...

Hi taj'samericanwife :) We are like Omar also, Monday will be 2 1/2 months of AP for us, and it seems to be that anywhere from 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 months is pretty average (although there's always the lucky ones)... Just hang in there! Your husband's right, you guys got approved and now all you gotta do is wait a little bit longer :) I remember getting through our first month was the hardest 'cause after the interview approval we were REALLY expecting him to get here soon, but from this forum and talking to other people in our areas (Pakistan and Afghanistan males), it seems like we're just about average.. But you know, the fact that your husband has lived in the Philippines is DEFinitely a plus for you guys!! :)

it'll be ok, and yes, I recommend calling DOS once a week, but ONLY after you've been through a month of AP... it will just depress you if you call too early, and sometimes people are done in a month, so just stay positive and remember any day now ya'll could get the best news of your lives!! Tabreek maygoyam and good luck! We look forward to seeing you guys approved soon!

--------------------

OMAR & HALEY'S K-1 PROCESS

11/11/2008 - FILED I-129F

11/18/2008 - NOA1 RECEIVED

03/11/2009 - RECEIVED NOA2 (approved!)

03/19/2009 - NVC RECEIVED CASE FILE

04/01/2009 - NVC SENT CASE TO ISL EMBASSY

04/06/2009 - ISL EMBASSY RECEIVED CASE FILE

********* - NEVER RECEIVED PACKET 3.5 FROM ISL (called / emailed, no luck)

********* - CREATED OUR OWN PACKET WITH ITEMS THE ISL EMBASSY TOLD US IN EMAIL THAT THEY NEEDED

06/10/2009 - SUBMITTED PACKET 3.5 TO AMEX IN ISLAMABAD

06/16/2009 - RECEIVED INTERVIEW LETTER THROUGH AMEX IN ISLAMABAD

07/20/2009 - INTERVIEW (approved!) AP

10/12/2009 - 3 MONTHS OF AP COMPLETE...

10/21/2009 - CALL TO SUBMIT PASSPORT!

11/04/2009 - U.S. EMBASSY, ISLAMABAD RECIEVED PASSPORT IN MAIL (NOW UNDER FINAL REVIEW)

11/16/2009 - U.S. EMBASSY, ISLAMABAD MAILED PASSPORT W/ VISA TO U.S. EMBASSY KABUL

11/22/2009 - CALL TO PICK UP PASSPORT!

12/01/2009 - FLYING TO U.S.!!!!!!!!!

12/02/2009 - HE'S HERE!!! <3 <3 <3

12/07/2009 - MARRIED IN COLORADO! <3

12/20/2010 - APPLIED FOR SOCIAL SECURITY CARD

04/09/2010 - RECEIVED WORK AUTHORIZATION CARD IN THE MAIL!

06/20/2010 - DID SECOND INTERVIEW

08/10/2010 - RECEIVED 2-YEAR GREEN CARD!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

Timeline

WAIT UNTIL YOU HEAR FROM US: your case requires further administrative processing/ review. wait for a letter telling you when to return to the embassy with the documents marked above. this was on our white slip

and did they mark any documents for us to give them? no they didn't...so i really dont know why the hell we are on AP/AR...sorry guys just ranting! i am really pissed off right now.

what does DOS stand for?

Oct. 18, 2007...Married

NVC Journey

Timeline

Taj - Sorry to hear about AP, but I am sure in the back of the mind you were expecting that if you have already read about AP`s for Pakistani Citizens.

I am adding you to the Spreadsheet which nobody really wants to be added on :) - cheer up things will be ok in a few months.

N-400 Time

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yes i do call DOS (Department of State) and the Embassy@Islamabad but so far my case is still pending.You should read this entire forum from the first page,it will give you an idea how the processing time for AP varies.......but then again ur embassy is manila they may have shorter APs.... Good Luck.

Timeline

Taj - All documents are ok do not worry about that - you are in AP and you just have to be patient.

DOS - Department of State - They can give u information about AP which is of no use you just have to wait till the Embassy calls your husband on his cell phone.

Good Luck and Hang in there.

N-400 Time

Timeline

can anyone tell me how to call the DOS?

Oct. 18, 2007...Married

NVC Journey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.