almaty

Former Wash. inmate sues state for labor shackling

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I didn't. You already assume she is -by default- lying.

Well yes when you lived this sort of life its hard to belive a person when they cry wolf, the burden of proof is on her. Oh and think about the money she will get if she wins, believe me she will exaggerate.

this sort of life?? #######, the woman shoplifted for pete's sake :rofl:

i doubt she is lying.,.police get over zealous and jails and prisons are worse

It will be intresting to see how this plays out.

i agree..with you,..it will play out now it appears in the courts..

Edited by almaty

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

I didn't. You already assume she is -by default- lying.

Well yes when you lived this sort of life its hard to belive a person when they cry wolf, the burden of proof is on her. Oh and think about the money she will get if she wins, believe me she will exaggerate.

this sort of life?? #######, the woman shoplifted for pete's sake :rofl:

uh yes this sort of life. Do you honestly think she got 14 months for just shoplifting, the woman has a criminal history and that played into to the lengthy sentence. Lets get real here and besides she did it while she was pregnant, sounds like white trash to me.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Perhaps they should have strapped her to a gurney and put a gag in her mouth - like Hannibal Lecter.

She was a criminal after all - and therefore must be deserving of anything the authorities decide to do to her.

Almaty, who works in the system has already said it was a light sentence, so I am not quite sure where you are getting all this 'hardened criminal' angle from.

Oh, and I would totally believe someone getting that kind of sentence just for shoplifting.

Edited by Madame Cleo

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Perhaps they should have strapped her to a gurney and put a gag in her mouth - like Hannibal Lecter.

She was a criminal after all - and therefore must be deserving of anything the authorities decide to do to her.

Yeah thats what I was saying :wacko: I made a reasonable argument about this, I never said that if what she said is true that she deserved it, that was not my point and I made my point clear.

Almaty, who works in the system has already said it was a light sentence, so I am not quite sure where you are getting all this 'hardened criminal' angle from.

Oh, and I would totally believe someone getting that kind of sentence just for shoplifting.

Your right he did say that, I thought it was a error or something. I have known people in the past that got busted for that and all they got was a fine and some community service. I have never heard of somebody with a clean record getting over a year in jail for shoplifting.

Save it, heard the same cheap lame arguments 100 times before.

Then why say anything if you dont care, I could of done with out your lame comment.

If I read this correctly - In WA, the lowest theft charge is punishable by up to a year in jail, $5000 fines, or both.

Text of the State Law is below:

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9A.56

I followed your link and couldnt find where it lists the punishments. I did read its considered a gross missdemeanor.

Edited by looking_up