Nothing1234

MENA Family in Egypt Approved to Visit!!

54 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

WHOO HOOOO congratulations sister!! I'm so happy for you!!! My mom's interview is 7/15 I really hope it goes well. You made me smile coz I know how much I miss my family and if any of them would come visit would mean the whole world to me :D

They changed all of them from 6 to 2 months or only the BIL?

lyrics.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
SubhanAllah that is GREAT news! I'm so happy for you guys, that is awesome. :) But I wonder why visitor visas can be prepared in under a week, and immigrant visas take forever? :blink:

Because they're coming for a brief stay (supposedly), not immigrating.

Exactly...the (supposedly) part is why I think my BIL was rejected the first time. They are cautious with young single men/women with no ties to their countries coming on visitor visas as well.

My MIL has been here before plus she's traveling with them all together as a family. My SIL showed the pictures of our family, prior trips/MIL trip,my job information, passport, his greencard, etc and really tried to emphasize the fact that they would be returning especially since my SIL's husband is still in Egypt and would be waiting on his son and wifes return...plus the additonal son in the military is still young and living at home. Sad its such a trial for many....she needed to have tons of proof and they looked at everything. Even asked questions about my husband caring for the twins at home. She was eager to say that I had a very good job and that him being home was saving us over 400 dollars a week, her knowledge of these details impressed the supervisor very much. He mentioned that to her toward the end of their chat and she said Oh, we talk everyday thanks to the magic jack :rofl: and even on cam so I can see "my babies" :lol: She's a trip! Never underestimate the power of a determined woman :P

@ Bridget...his family is by NO means rich Bridget. Their father is dead and they have no fortune to speak of. It was based on their supporting information and knowledge of our family life here. I truly believe that. :star:

That is exciting news Annie!!!

It just goes to show that is pays to be persistent and speak up for your rights! :thumbs:

wonderful...you will have the whole fam enjoy and break in the new home :luv:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
@ Bridget...his family is by NO means rich Bridget. Their father is dead and they have no fortune to speak of. It was based on their supporting information and knowledge of our family life here. I truly believe that. :star:

that is a big relief to me. Having his sisters come visit would mean the world to my husband, he misses them so much every day. We are hoping he can go home for 2 weeks at the end of Ramadan but we'll see what his pay brings him. It's been rainy here so not many people going to his restaurant (the big draw is the outside deck along the ocean) so he's been bummed that he hasn't made much this week. It took a long time for me to convince him to go there without me though. He was adamant that we travel together always but now that he's been here a while he realizes the money is prohitive. I think almost losing the house woke him up to the fact that money doesn't grow on trees here.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

that is a big relief to me. Having his sisters come visit would mean the world to my husband, he misses them so much every day. We are hoping he can go home for 2 weeks at the end of Ramadan but we'll see what his pay brings him. It's been rainy here so not many people going to his restaurant (the big draw is the outside deck along the ocean) so he's been bummed that he hasn't made much this week. It took a long time for me to convince him to go there without me though. He was adamant that we travel together always but now that he's been here a while he realizes the money is prohitive. I think almost losing the house woke him up to the fact that money doesn't grow on trees here.

You know for my husband as well this is a huge relief that they can come as he can not travel back for a few years. We are in shock that almost the entire family has been approved. We did make sure to provide them with as much information to take as possible. It's a bit different then the immigration process because we mail our proof prior to interview and bring "updated" info to interview when immigrating. With the visitor visa, they schedule you and the embassy does not see an application or proof until the day you show up. So making sure they had photos, knew detailed personal information, proof of our MIL's prior trip, my trips there, pics of all of us together in Egypt and having a reason for the visit (husband can't travel back now, they have not met the twins yet, our new home and meeting my family, etc.) They even asked my SIL if I had a good job...lol. She said of course, its America! :lol: My SIL knew a lot....that seemed to be most important. I feel from talking with them that my BIL hardly spoke, lucky guy that he has such a take charge sistah!...:P

Oh, one more thing...they did allow my BIL, SIL and nephew to interview together. So if his sisters wanted, they can call and schedule and go together. I think thats very important if they plan to visit your home at the same time plus they will be less nervous being together.

:dance: UPDATE ON FAMILY VISAS!!! :dance:

So they received their visas within the 3 business day window that the embassy promised and GUESS WHAT!?!

:wow: My SIL (25 married), Nephew (4 yrs) and BIL (18 unmarried) all recieved 5 year visas!!!!!!!!!! :wow: After all that "change the paperwork to a 2 month visit" and now this. We are still in shock and of course totally thrilled!!! :dance::dance:

Best of luck to anyone else waiting to get family members here!! (F)

So they received their visas within the 3 business day window that the embassy promised and GUESS WHAT!?!

:wow: My SIL (25 married), Nephew (4 yrs) and BIL (18 unmarried) all recieved 5 year visas!!!!!!!!!! :wow: After all that "change the paperwork to a 2 month visit" and now this. We are still in shock and of course totally thrilled!!! :dance::dance:

That is wonderful news! Congratulations!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Mabrook!!!

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

That is totally awesome!! Congrats!! :)(F)

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Alhamdullilah! Congratulations! We are so happy for you!

We would also like to invite our family to visit from Egypt. My husband has been here since May 2007. My 25 year old stepson is dying to visit us here. Can you give us some insight or some suggestions on what to say to help get his visit visa?

How long did it take for them to get the interview after filing the forms? Should he apply at the American consulate in Cario? What forms should he fill out?

Any help you can give us would be appreciated.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.