erik123

Letter of Intent, Translation, and G325A

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi, I have a few more questions, this time regarding the letter of intent to marry within 90 days, as well as form G325A. If the foreign fiance(e) does not speak English and writes a letter of intent in a non-English language, do both the original (non-English) and translated (English) versions have to be signed, or just the original? It would seem kind of strange to have them sign the translated version if they don't understand what it says. Also, if they were going to sign the translated version anyway, then it would seem redundant to include an original. So...

1. Am I right in saying that only the original (non-English) version should be signed, and that the translated version (without their signature) should be attached to the original along with the translator's certification (and of course translator's signature)?

2. Does it look bad if the translator is someone related to the petitioner (or perhaps even petitioner him/herself)?

3. As for G325A, who is the "applicant" for purposes of the form (i.e. who signs each G325A)? Does the US citizen petitioner sign both petitioner's and intended beneficiary's G325A forms? Or does each person sign their own form?

Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

1) YES only the translator needs to sign the translation.

2) It is recommended to have a third party do the translation, but I have seen many petitioners do the translation without issues.

3) Petitioner signs only the petitioner's G-325A, and the Beneficiary needs to sign the beneficiary's G-325A G-325A is a generic form used for several different things, so in te case of adjustment of status the Applicant (Person adjusting status) signs it.

Fill in profile details please. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...rCP&CODE=01

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hi, I have a few more questions, this time regarding the letter of intent to marry within 90 days, as well as form G325A. If the foreign fiance(e) does not speak English and writes a letter of intent in a non-English language, do both the original (non-English) and translated (English) versions have to be signed, or just the original? It would seem kind of strange to have them sign the translated version if they don't understand what it says. Also, if they were going to sign the translated version anyway, then it would seem redundant to include an original. So...

1. Am I right in saying that only the original (non-English) version should be signed, and that the translated version (without their signature) should be attached to the original along with the translator's certification (and of course translator's signature)?

2. Does it look bad if the translator is someone related to the petitioner (or perhaps even petitioner him/herself)?

3. As for G325A, who is the "applicant" for purposes of the form (i.e. who signs each G325A)? Does the US citizen petitioner sign both petitioner's and intended beneficiary's G325A forms? Or does each person sign their own form?

Thanks.

1. The translator signs the translation, not your fiancee. Why would she write a letter in another laguage when there is a perfectloy good example ltter here? we used the VJ sample letters verbatim, changed the names and we each signed one.

2. Doesn't matter by the rules. My wife does translations and will not do them for our own petition as she is afraid this is not professional, but this is a restriction she puts on herself. You can do the translations yourself if you are fluent in both languages.

3. For the I-129f each person must sign their own G-325a. You can fill them out, but your fiancee must sign hers. I had my fiancee sign TWO blank G-325s on one of my visits there and then filled them out with info she gave me later. Having an extra signed form in case I fouled it up or it was lost in the mail when I sent the petition. My "file copy" is a signed original that could have been used to whip out a second petition if one was lost.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

We also used the example letters from VJ, more or less as written. My fiancee doesn't speak English well enough to understand exactly what the letter says (though I understand her fractured English perfectly), so I translated the letter with the help of a Vietnamese friend so she would know what she was signing. But, she signed the English version.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Timeline

Ok, thanks. My only reason for wanting to do the original one in her own language is to avoid any issues later on, i.e. the interviewer asking her why she signed an English one if she speaks no English. I guess it might not matter (since the G325A is in English and she must sign that), but to play it safe I might have her sign one in her own language, then have it translated.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Ok, thanks. My only reason for wanting to do the original one in her own language is to avoid any issues later on, i.e. the interviewer asking her why she signed an English one if she speaks no English. I guess it might not matter (since the G325A is in English and she must sign that), but to play it safe I might have her sign one in her own language, then have it translated.

If it is a question, simply explain you did as Jim said. You explained it to her. They can ask her at the interview if they want and she can answer in her native language.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.