4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I can't get my first HPV shot until a few days after my K1 visa expires. (The hospital in my area only does it on a certain day of every month) .. should I just file without it and send my vaccine info in when I get an RFE? Is it safe to do that?

Application Status

-----------

Package sent : 1st August 2008

I-129F received : 6th August 2008

NOA1 received : 14th August 2008

NOA2 received : 6th January 2009

NOA2 hard copy: 10th January 2009

NVC received: 8th January 2009

Case left NVC: 12th January 2009

Consulate recieved: 26th January 2009

Packet 3 recieved: 30th January 2009

Packet 3 sent back: 5th February 2009

Medical: 23rd February 2009

Packet 4 recieved: 5th March 2009

Interview: 27th March 2009

US entry: 6th April 2009

Marriage: 4th May 2009

AOS filed: 9th July 2009

Biometrics appointment: 15th August 2009

Case transferred to CSC: 25th September

AOS Approved: 3rd November 2009

2 Year Green card recieved: 9th November 2009

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Why don't you try finding some other place to get it? maybe you're gonna have to drive a little farther away but its a lot better than having a RFE...i you absoloutlety can't find any place i would recomend waiting after getting the shot, i don't think a couple of days is going to make a difference.

I can't get my first HPV shot until a few days after my K1 visa expires. (The hospital in my area only does it on a certain day of every month) .. should I just file without it and send my vaccine info in when I get an RFE? Is it safe to do that?

Your K-1 is all ready expired. You used it to get into the US - it's a one way/one shot visa.

You should be more concerned about the expiration of the I-94. That is only good for 90 days since your arrival in the US.

File the AOS when you can, the sooner the better. You could wait till you get your shot and file.

If you send it in without the shots needed, you will probably get a RFE, and it will slow down your case, but nothing to worry about - unless you fail to answer the RFE.

Looking at your entry date - you have till July 6th 2009 before your I-94 is expired (if i did my math right)

Edited by Bobby_Umit

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

We filed without our vaccination information because the sheet they gave us at the consulate somehow didn't make it to the U.S. with us. We included a note that said something like, "I am unable to include my vaccination supplement here for xyz reason. Thank you very much. Sincerely..." We included the note so they would know we didn't simply forget it. We didn't get an RFE for the vaccinations but are expecting to have to get shots before final issuance of the green card. AP and EAD have already been approved.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.