21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

When petitions are reaffirmed, I wonder if they go through the nvc again, directly to consulate or which steps? Our case was approved and reaffirmed by uscis and sent back to consulate, but since we already have nvc case number... how does this process works. I know reaffirmations are not everyday things but anyones help would be great. I would call the consulate but they dont ever accept phone calls for visa information, but im sure we have to set up another interview. We have hope again. Thanks all .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline
When petitions are reaffirmed, I wonder if they go through the nvc again, directly to consulate or which steps? Our case was approved and reaffirmed by uscis and sent back to consulate, but since we already have nvc case number... how does this process works. I know reaffirmations are not everyday things but anyones help would be great. I would call the consulate but they dont ever accept phone calls for visa information, but im sure we have to set up another interview. We have hope again. Thanks all .

Why did the consulate send back your petition? My fiance visa peition was returned by the cosulate also and there is not much information on what to expect.

You cant email the embassy? I am sure they would have to either send a letter to the beneficiary or call NVC, they should be able to tell you if your petition was sent back to the consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Si, man!!!!! We have all suffered together, you more than most. Remember to tell the unvarnished truth about that hellhole consulate in the "Latin American" subforum in the thread "US Consulate in Guayaquil, Ecuador."

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The case goes back to the embassy through NVC again but this time you might not need an interview since whatever concerns they had has been quashed by the USCIS, hence the case coming back for them to issue the visa this time. Just have documents proving on-going relationship ready incase they ask for it and if police certificate(s) given at first interview is over 6 months then I would advice you to apply and get them at hand asap. We need all the luck now to get this over and done with. Good Luck. :thumbs:

I believe if you to to the MENA (Middle East - North Africa) regional forum there is a pinned thread that has information on what happens once USCIS re-affirms a petition...but I believe it follows the same procedure, NVC (short stop-over) and then the consulate for second interview.

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Timeline

I believe if you to to the MENA (Middle East - North Africa) regional forum there is a pinned thread that has information on what happens once USCIS re-affirms a petition...but I believe it follows the same procedure, NVC (short stop-over) and then the consulate for second interview.

-P

yeah i thought so...our noa2 was dated june 12 , and receive it on june 20.. nvc has not got the case back as of today..

Timeline

-P

yeah i thought so...our noa2 was dated june 12 , and receive it on june 20.. nvc has not got the case back as of today..

Timeline

Why did the consulate send back your petition? My fiance visa peition was returned by the cosulate also and there is not much information on what to expect.

You cant email the embassy? I am sure they would have to either send a letter to the beneficiary or call NVC, they should be able to tell you if your petition was sent back to the consulate.

I dont think the consulate would contact or email you for anything. We have emailed them in the past, and sometimes they dont even repsond to congressional inquiries.

As far as a reason why they sent it back? oh who knows...not a legitimate one i can tell you that. They seem to send these back hoping uscis doesnt renew them, but as of lately, it looks like uscis is taking action and sending them reaffirmed back to the consulate...

Timeline
Si, man!!!!! We have all suffered together, you more than most. Remember to tell the unvarnished truth about that hellhole consulate in the "Latin American" subforum in the thread "US Consulate in Guayaquil, Ecuador."

now now...how could anyone ever top your post... :thumbs: mine would be just a dot. you should write a book tbone...you are very articulate ! :reading: or maybe......an immigration lawyer :thumbs::protest:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

You ain't read nuthin', my friend, but gracias. :) I'm personally looking forward to what another Guayaquil victim has promised to write, because he nearly got hosed even worse than we did!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

my husband case was sent back to USCIS from the embassy and I still dont know why but it was sent back on May 14 was logged in NVC June 1 was reveiwed and sent to USCIS on June 11 I got an email from USCIS on June 30 stating they received my husbands case on June 29

Current Status: This case has been received from the State Department with a request we review it.

On June 29, 2009, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you.

the case number and the receipt number stayed the same I hope this info helps you

Marriage : 2008-01-26

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-20

I-130 Approved : 2008-03-19

NVC Received : 2008-03-25

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-04-07

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-04-17

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-04-21

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-04-22

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-04-07

Receive IV Bill : 2008-04-20

Pay IV Bill : 2008-04-21

Receive Instruction Package : 2008-05-01

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-05-12

NVC Left : 2008-05-23

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-01

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-05-01

Packet 4 Received : 2008-05-31

Interview Date : 2008-07-15

result AP

2009-05-15 case returned to USCIS

2009-06-29 case received at USCIS

2010-03-12 letter from USCIS stating reason for case being returned and asking for additional info of a on going relationship

2010-03-29 sent next day air-2010-03-30 10:30 USCIS signed for package

2010-03-31 USCIS updated accoun

2010-04-10 received email case reaffirmed

2010-08-18 2nd interview

9/2/2010 Visa Received

9/16/2010 Entered USA

10/15/2010 received 10 year GC

:http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pGV...s4pIA&hl=en

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

this might also help

221(g):

The document issued by the Department of State under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) is for the most part used for requesting additional information from the beneficiary such as missing documents, additional evidence, or advising them of not being able to issue their visa due to pending name/security checks i.e. Administrative Processing However, Section 221(g) is also used by the Department of State when returning petitions/applications to the USCIS for further review ultimately recommending revocation.

Why are Petitions/Applications Returned to the USCIS by an Embassy/Consulate Under Section 221(g)?

Petitions/applications are returned for a variety of case specific reasons. Returning a petition/application to the USCIS means that the embassy/consulate refuses to issue a visa to the beneficiary, but they do not have specific evidence to actually deny a visa application. So the next best thing to do is return the petition/application to the USCIS office where the petition was originally filed requesting further review and ultimately recommending revocation.

What Happens When a Petition/Application is Returned to the USCIS by an Embassy/Consulate?

• 221(g) is issued to beneficiary at conclusion of the interview stating the application and/or petition is being returned to the United States.

• Petition is returned to the United States by the interviewing consulate for "further review"

• Returned petition is received by the NVC. It is reviewed and entered into the fraud database by fraud management.

• Returned petition is sent to the local USCIS service center where the petition was originally filed and approved.

• Local service center receives returned petition.

• Local service center who processed the original petition sends a notice of receipt to the petitioner.

• Local service center reviews the returned petition and consular officer notes on the case.

• Local service center then sends either a NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) or NOIR (Notice of Intent to Revoke) to the petitioner also asking for more proof of the relationship, many cases have specific consular objections to rebut.

• Petitioner is given 30-60 days from date of NOIR/NOID (depending on the service center) to respond with additional evidence of the relationship or other specific evidence. The timeframe to respond will be provided in the letter.

• Local service center receives evidence...if in the timeframe given (30-60 days) the case is reviewed and either original approval is reaffirmed or the petition is officially denied.

• If the petition is denied the local service center sends the petitioner an 'official' denial letter. This can be officially appealed if the denial letter states such.

• If the petition is reaffirmed the local service center sends the petitioner an official notice of reaffirmation.

• Local service center sends the reaffirmed petition AND its evidence provided in the rebuttal directly to the consulate along with a recommendation to issue a visa.

• Consulate notifies the beneficiary of a new interview date.

• Beneficiary has interview for the reaffirmed petition and the visa is either issued, or the case in placed in Administrative Processing which after cleared a visa is issued, or worst case scenario it is denied via Section 221(g) and returned again to the USCIS with a recommendation for revocation.

Hope with the above process one can judge the timeline for his/her Visa approval.

Marriage : 2008-01-26

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-20

I-130 Approved : 2008-03-19

NVC Received : 2008-03-25

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-04-07

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-04-17

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-04-21

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-04-22

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-04-07

Receive IV Bill : 2008-04-20

Pay IV Bill : 2008-04-21

Receive Instruction Package : 2008-05-01

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-05-12

NVC Left : 2008-05-23

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-01

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-05-01

Packet 4 Received : 2008-05-31

Interview Date : 2008-07-15

result AP

2009-05-15 case returned to USCIS

2009-06-29 case received at USCIS

2010-03-12 letter from USCIS stating reason for case being returned and asking for additional info of a on going relationship

2010-03-29 sent next day air-2010-03-30 10:30 USCIS signed for package

2010-03-31 USCIS updated accoun

2010-04-10 received email case reaffirmed

2010-08-18 2nd interview

9/2/2010 Visa Received

9/16/2010 Entered USA

10/15/2010 received 10 year GC

:http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pGV...s4pIA&hl=en

Timeline
this might also help

221(g):

The document issued by the Department of State under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) is for the most part used for requesting additional information from the beneficiary such as missing documents, additional evidence, or advising them of not being able to issue their visa due to pending name/security checks i.e. Administrative Processing However, Section 221(g) is also used by the Department of State when returning petitions/applications to the USCIS for further review ultimately recommending revocation.

Why are Petitions/Applications Returned to the USCIS by an Embassy/Consulate Under Section 221(g)?

Petitions/applications are returned for a variety of case specific reasons. Returning a petition/application to the USCIS means that the embassy/consulate refuses to issue a visa to the beneficiary, but they do not have specific evidence to actually deny a visa application. So the next best thing to do is return the petition/application to the USCIS office where the petition was originally filed requesting further review and ultimately recommending revocation.

What Happens When a Petition/Application is Returned to the USCIS by an Embassy/Consulate?

• 221(g) is issued to beneficiary at conclusion of the interview stating the application and/or petition is being returned to the United States.

• Petition is returned to the United States by the interviewing consulate for "further review"

• Returned petition is received by the NVC. It is reviewed and entered into the fraud database by fraud management.

• Returned petition is sent to the local USCIS service center where the petition was originally filed and approved.

• Local service center receives returned petition.

• Local service center who processed the original petition sends a notice of receipt to the petitioner.

• Local service center reviews the returned petition and consular officer notes on the case.

• Local service center then sends either a NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) or NOIR (Notice of Intent to Revoke) to the petitioner also asking for more proof of the relationship, many cases have specific consular objections to rebut.

• Petitioner is given 30-60 days from date of NOIR/NOID (depending on the service center) to respond with additional evidence of the relationship or other specific evidence. The timeframe to respond will be provided in the letter.

• Local service center receives evidence...if in the timeframe given (30-60 days) the case is reviewed and either original approval is reaffirmed or the petition is officially denied.

• If the petition is denied the local service center sends the petitioner an 'official' denial letter. This can be officially appealed if the denial letter states such.

• If the petition is reaffirmed the local service center sends the petitioner an official notice of reaffirmation.

• Local service center sends the reaffirmed petition AND its evidence provided in the rebuttal directly to the consulate along with a recommendation to issue a visa.

• Consulate notifies the beneficiary of a new interview date.

• Beneficiary has interview for the reaffirmed petition and the visa is either issued, or the case in placed in Administrative Processing which after cleared a visa is issued, or worst case scenario it is denied via Section 221(g) and returned again to the USCIS with a recommendation for revocation.

Hope with the above process one can judge the timeline for his/her Visa approval.

yes ours has went through all of that process, and has be approved again ..we are just waiting for nvc to receive it...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.