14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I have been away for a while but my wife and our child are here with me now. It has been a busy time since April but I am trying to get through the AOS documents. Again I am back to trying to decypher the many documents required and now look at the I-485 and accompanying documents required. There is a reference to I-693 and I am not certain that I need it or what is required for additional vaccinations. Can anyone help who has been through this recently?

Also the $70.00 charge for the State Department review of the I-864, where is that money sent? USCIS site does not tell me.

Thanks

I have been away for a while but my wife and our child are here with me now. It has been a busy time since April but I am trying to get through the AOS documents. Again I am back to trying to decypher the many documents required and now look at the I-485 and accompanying documents required. There is a reference to I-693 and I am not certain that I need it or what is required for additional vaccinations. Can anyone help who has been through this recently?

Also the $70.00 charge for the State Department review of the I-864, where is that money sent? USCIS site does not tell me.

Thanks

I know this probably sounds like a broken record, but try the guides.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

Brad

The guides provide me with a lik that sends me back to the page that tells me "although the USCIS does not charge for this document etc etc etc, go the link at the bottom of the page and over again. That is why I posed the question.

I don't know if you also did the I-131, but I had a question about that too. Part 1 is titled Information about you and then in part 2 that asks for the same information. Is this supposed to be my info?

The guides have become so filled with information that it is sometimes difficult to find the answer to a question without spending the whole day to answer one line. I am sure you know how many lines there are.

Thanks for your time

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks

There is no fee for the I-864.

If you have the vaccination supplemnet from the medical in Kiev and the medical was less than one year ago, you shoul dbe fine. That is all we submitted, we did not submit the I-693. No questions asked approval.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline
Brad

The guides provide me with a lik that sends me back to the page that tells me "although the USCIS does not charge for this document etc etc etc, go the link at the bottom of the page and over again. That is why I posed the question.

I don't know if you also did the I-131, but I had a question about that too. Part 1 is titled Information about you and then in part 2 that asks for the same information. Is this supposed to be my info?

The guides have become so filled with information that it is sometimes difficult to find the answer to a question without spending the whole day to answer one line. I am sure you know how many lines there are.

Thanks for your time

All information requested on these forms is about your wife. There is no information requested of the USC, except the I-864. Part two of the I-131 asks about the reason for the request. In your case "d" is correct.

The name and other information in part two ONLY needs to be completed if you check box "f", other wise leave it blank. For travel dates you can enter dayes (if known) or enter "to be determined" or leave it blank. I left it blank. The AP is a multi-entry document valid for one year

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Brad

Thanks for your time

No trouble :D I find myself falling into that crusty, grouchy, old poster mode lately. We all posted up questions that the guides didn't answer well for us - I certainly did. Sometimes it helps if you lead with "yes, I reviewed the guides" to dissuade the grouches like me from suggesting it. Any way, if Gary left you with any other questions, please ask away. Good luck!

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Brad

Thanks for your time

since your wife is submitting the application to the USCIS, there is no fee for the I-864.

YMMV

Timeline

Home > Immigration Forms Printer Friendly

Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the Act

Purpose of Form :

To show that the applying immigrant has enough financial support to live without concern of becoming reliant on U.S. government welfare.

Number of Pages :

Edition Date :

10/18/07, 11/01/06 editions can be used, no other edition accepted.

Where to File :

To view instructions on Where to File, go to the Special Instructions section on this page.

Filing Fee :

Although USCIS does not charge a fee for this form, the Department of State does charge a fee of $70 when the Affidavit of Support is reviewed domestically. This does not apply when the Affidavit of Support is filed abroad.

Special Instructions :

Note on Fees:

Although USCIS does not charge a fee for this form, the Department of State does charge a fee of $70 when the Affidavit of Support is reviewed domestically. This does not apply when the Affidavit of Support is filed abroad. For more information, please see the Department of State, Affidavit of Support Review Fee, in the Related Links of this page.

Honest guys,I wouldnt kid ya. But there is still no information I could find to define this payment and how to make it, nor when this charge began. The link takes me to the state department page ,but could not find any info on this fee. Was thinking of the CS line but haven't got out of work early enough to catch them.

That answers my next question Brad. The 693. I had it printed and thought about sending it, but was not sure I needed it. Her medical was in April in Kiev. If I do not need it maybe it is best to minimize he paper. Seems it takes longer if there is so much to muddle through. Everyone here has been tops and I hope everyone is doing well.

And Dan.....................wish you the best of luck.

Timeline
Brad

Thanks for your time

No trouble :D I find myself falling into that crusty, grouchy, old poster mode lately. We all posted up questions that the guides didn't answer well for us - I certainly did. Sometimes it helps if you lead with "yes, I reviewed the guides" to dissuade the grouches like me from suggesting it. Any way, if Gary left you with any other questions, please ask away. Good luck!

Welcome to geezerhood! :lol:

Gary And Alla

Timeline
Home > Immigration Forms Printer Friendly

Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the Act

Purpose of Form :

To show that the applying immigrant has enough financial support to live without concern of becoming reliant on U.S. government welfare.

Number of Pages :

Edition Date :

10/18/07, 11/01/06 editions can be used, no other edition accepted.

Where to File :

To view instructions on Where to File, go to the Special Instructions section on this page.

Filing Fee :

Although USCIS does not charge a fee for this form, the Department of State does charge a fee of $70 when the Affidavit of Support is reviewed domestically. This does not apply when the Affidavit of Support is filed abroad.

Special Instructions :

Note on Fees:

Although USCIS does not charge a fee for this form, the Department of State does charge a fee of $70 when the Affidavit of Support is reviewed domestically. This does not apply when the Affidavit of Support is filed abroad. For more information, please see the Department of State, Affidavit of Support Review Fee, in the Related Links of this page.

Honest guys,I wouldnt kid ya. But there is still no information I could find to define this payment and how to make it, nor when this charge began. The link takes me to the state department page ,but could not find any info on this fee. Was thinking of the CS line but haven't got out of work early enough to catch them.

That answers my next question Brad. The 693. I had it printed and thought about sending it, but was not sure I needed it. Her medical was in April in Kiev. If I do not need it maybe it is best to minimize he paper. Seems it takes longer if there is so much to muddle through. Everyone here has been tops and I hope everyone is doing well.

And Dan.....................wish you the best of luck.

There is no fee for the I-864 for adjustment from a K visa. If your medical is within one year(it is) and you have the vaccination supplement (DS-3025 I think is the number without pulling it out and looking at it) you do not need anything else.

The key word here is "USCIS". You are filing with USCIS, NOT the Department of State.

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Gary

That information comesfrom the USCIS website. I dont understand why they mention this if review by the department of state is not necessary. If I do not need this info, why do they give it to me on the USCIS site?

I am almpst done with the AOS package and I have come across the vaccination suplement document they request. It is either that or the medical. Does she actually need another medical or are the documents she received in Kiev enough for this purpose? They told her she and our daughter have what they need. I will check that 3025 doc.

Thanks much

Timeline
Gary;

That DS 3025 is a state department document. Is there another??

That's it. That should be all you need along with a medical within one year. The medical she had in Kiev was sent to USCIS is the mysterious envelope at the POE, it awaits your filing. Just attach the DS-3025 in your package. It is all we needed for a K-1 and K-2 adjustment.

The USCIS deals with adjustment of status from various visas, for some of which, such as a CR-1, the I-864 is submitted before the visa is issued to the NVC (State Department). For adjustment from a K visa you submit documents ONLY to USCIS and as mentioned in their instructions THEY do not charge a fee. I do not know how else to explain it. I have successfully adjusted status of two persons this year, submitted TWO I-864s and did not pay any fee.

The fee for an adult is $1010 (with biometrics) or for any children over age 14, same fee. Under 14 and filed with the parent's AOS it is $600. NO FEE for I-864. If you include a fee for the I-864 your entire package will be returned for not enclosing the correct fee.

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.