CurbsideProphet

How accurate is the online case status information at uscis.gov?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi Folks. Can anyone give me an idea as to how reliable the online case status information is on the uscis website? We received an RFE for our AOS in May, and someone at USCIS signed for our response to the RFE on May 26 (i.e. we have proof that they received the information they requested from us). However, our case status online has not changed since then...it still says "we sent you a request for initial evidence and your case is on hold until such time blah blah blah." A phone call to the customer service center is a completely exasperating experience...every question I asked received a response that involved the customer service guy reading me a ridiculous script from his computer.

While the green card is obviously the ultimate goal, we filed our EAD and AP concurrently with the AOS. We received the AP last week but are primarily concerned about the EAD at this point. So...how reliable is the online case status information, and to whom should I make noise if nothing is moving?

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

I'm filing for a K-1 fiance visa, and it's a different process and all.

BUT:

The online case status is never updated, I have already received, hard copy, my NOA2 which is the document that assures the approval of my case, and I'm pretty sure the website still says "pending" from 2/18/2009. I have heard never to trust the online case status and just to be patient and check the mail like an addict :D. Also, the National Visa Center was much more reliable and helpful than the USCIS could ever hope to be.

I hope this helps at least ^_^

01/23/2009 ----------Leave Athens and my Honey for the processes to begin

02/10/2009 ----------Beginning of Greek Military Obligations for 11 months

03/21/2009 ----------Stationed to Rhodes

07/16/2009-----------Meeting in Spain for 6 days!

08/27/2009-----------Stationed to Nevrokopi

01/10/2010-----------Gets OUT of the Army!

02/16/2010-----------Interview!

02/24/2010-----------Lampros arrives in WA!!!

He didn't just want me long, he wanted me a little longer than forever... :3

The case status on USCIS's site isn't always up-to-date - is it safe to assume you responded to the RFE by following the exact instructions on the RFE notice? (i.e., correct address and original RFE notice included?)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
The case status on USCIS's site isn't always up-to-date - is it safe to assume you responded to the RFE by following the exact instructions on the RFE notice? (i.e., correct address and original RFE notice included?)

Yup, that would definitely be safe to assume. Sent the notice with it and included all they asked for.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

I had the same problem with the case status never being updated. We had some luck one time when we called USCIS and selected Spanish as the language. The lady who answered was nice and gave us real information. She had to transfer us to someone else who had more knowledge on the case.

Hope this helps. I know it's discouraging, but maybe your SO can call & speak to them in Spanish see if the response they give you is any better.

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.