jonesg111

Did interview yesterday and denied!

62 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Takes them quite a while to respond from what I have seen. INK hasn't posted in a while but in October she had still been waiting 9 weeks.

Yea I've talked with him a few times and still no response.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Takes them quite a while to respond from what I have seen. INK hasn't posted in a while but in October she had still been waiting 9 weeks.

Yea I've talked with him a few times and still no response.

It appears that I might be in some sort of AP - they have responded a couple of times to my wife and said that their 'admin work' is not yet complete. I'm think it may be a name check of some sort since I have a very common pakistani last name though I have lived in Canada for last 20 years...

I've been told from another VJer that I can call DOS to find out if that is the case.

we'll see what is it all about...

Avery also sent her stuff in October so she might be able to tell us about timing.

Timeline

Last I got was an e-mail on Saturday saying they are reviewing the file and will get back to me in 2-6 weeks. (LOLOLOL I love the variance of time) Either way after the 4 weeks are up (as per their own documentation) on Nov. 21 of them receiving our papers, we are calling our state senate and seeing if we can't swing something that way.

We both quit our job and gave up our apartment and definitely over staying our welcome where we are now. =( The money is running thin and it feels worse that we have to look at getting jobs just to maintain while they play their little thumb twiddling game. I am very upset. Not to mention we actually both have jobs waiting for us asking, when are you getting here? =/

Helen Keller: “A happy life consists not in the absence, but in the mastery of hardships.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
So here is the short version since I have to get back to work. We went to the consulate, followed all the tips by getting there early etc.

After going through all the paperwork and fingerprints we got called into the little office where you do the swearing with the immigration official. He asks us a bunch of questions and then says "Yea, it all looks pretty good, you'll just have one little hurdle yet to climb"

He says that he needs more proof of domicile!! He wants utility bills, mortgage, etc to prove that we intend to move. What kind of nonsense is that?! I mean would we be going through all this hassle and money just to say.... uuuhhh yea we're not moving?!

Anyway, I'm not terribly concerned since I plan on getting a letter from my in-laws written up like a rental agreement and then someone who owns a company will write an employment offer letter to my wife who is the USC.

The guy at the window was really asking for things that we would not have had even if my wife had been living in the US. She has lived with her parents prior to getting married to me and moving to Canada, so she had no mortgage or utility bills.

Personally I think he is just being a "pencil-pusher" and making himself feel important.

Has anyone else ran into this at the interview? I know that we sent in all the paperwork during the application to prove domicile, bank accounts, car registration, insurance, but apparently thats not good enough since my wife has been "visiting" me for too long.

Just think of it as the last hurdle to get over... "All is well that ends well"

JNR

Timeline
Last I got was an e-mail on Saturday saying they are reviewing the file and will get back to me in 2-6 weeks. (LOLOLOL I love the variance of time) Either way after the 4 weeks are up (as per their own documentation) on Nov. 21 of them receiving our papers, we are calling our state senate and seeing if we can't swing something that way.

We both quit our job and gave up our apartment and definitely over staying our welcome where we are now. =( The money is running thin and it feels worse that we have to look at getting jobs just to maintain while they play their little thumb twiddling game. I am very upset. Not to mention we actually both have jobs waiting for us asking, when are you getting here? =/

Thats just a bit extreme, so how long in total have you been waiting now?

Timeline
Called DOS this AM and indeed this is where my case is in AP since the interview on August 11. anyone been throught this before out of Montreal lately?

Any updates yet for anyone?

Timeline

How many weeks has it been now? And no response from them at all? Are you guys special somehow or is this for everyone? Should we also expect to wait for 3 or 4 months????! Argh

His words were " US immigration is here to bring families together", :wacko: saying that since we were together that we did not need to move to the US? UUUUUHHH DUUUHHH

I got the same song and dance at my interview!

The interviewer told me my husband would have to move back to the States and then send in the paperwork..

My reaction was the same -- WHAAAAAT??? :bonk:

He eventually approved me, but ONLY b/c I showed him an official lease agreement with our in-laws and a job offer letter for my husband...those were the only two things he seemed to care about and the only two things that got me approved...

~Sigh~

Good luck!

[u][url="http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=224630&hl=simistar"][font="Garamond"][size=2]My Montreal Interview Review[/size][/font][/url][/u]

Timeline

Wednesday will be week four. They expect us to give up our home (which we did) and our jobs (which we did) - establish a domicile in the US (which we did). I just wish they would hurry up. It's extremely taxing to be trying to live off what little you have left of your savings to actually MOVE down there. =( :cry:

Helen Keller: “A happy life consists not in the absence, but in the mastery of hardships.”

Timeline
Wednesday will be week four. They expect us to give up our home (which we did) and our jobs (which we did) - establish a domicile in the US (which we did). I just wish they would hurry up. It's extremely taxing to be trying to live off what little you have left of your savings to actually MOVE down there. =( :cry:

We sent in an email about address change yesterday since our house is closing soon. In reply, they said that my file is currently being reviewed for visa issuance...sounds like good news is near.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Can the US citizen move down first and get your home set up and start working while you guys wait? Might be easier on finances.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

Hello

I'm a new member. I got denied my IR-1 visa on Aug 25, 2009 in Montreal. And I sent in evidence of domicile OCT 30, 2009.

It's been 3 weeks now. I haven't received any email from them. Jones111, we are in the same boat. You sent it in one week earlier than me.

I will post whatever I hear from them. Let's pray for all of us here. Everyone, keep posting your process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.