5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

my american fiancee and i (am british) will soon be starting this k-1 visa process but right now are just researching everything we'll need to do. i have just discovered the exisitence of the I-134 form and am confused is this something we HAVE to fill out for my k-1 visa interview or something we may possibly get asked to fill out? if so does the fact my fiancee doesn't have his own house going to mean we will get denied?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Its something you will be asked for at the interview stage, it proves he can support you based on the government guidelines. Not having his own house won't be an issue, they only want to know that he makes 125% of the poverty guideline to support the 2 of you.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
my american fiancee and i (am british) will soon be starting this k-1 visa process but right now are just researching everything we'll need to do. i have just discovered the exisitence of the I-134 form and am confused is this something we HAVE to fill out for my k-1 visa interview or something we may possibly get asked to fill out? if so does the fact my fiancee doesn't have his own house going to mean we will get denied?

I do not think it matters if your fiance owns a house. It seems like the USCIS is more interested in income than assets. They may be interested in only dollars as far as income than total compensation. Like the compnay I work for, puts 75 cents into my 401k for every dollar I out into the account. This may count more toward an asset. My net income passes the 125 percent above the federal income level. So yours may also. http://aspe.hhs.gov/POVERTY/09poverty.shtml Here is the latest poverty guidelines. Hope this answers some of you questions.

I will have to supply the I134 to my fiancee too with proof of my employment and income. Many people seem to pass, so you should be ok.

Dale and Pat

4-17-2009 sent K1 Petition

5-1-2009 USCIS received petition

5-4-2009 received NOA1 notice

7-17-2009 touched

7-20-2009 NOA2 received

8-3-2009 NVC received petition

8-4-2009 NVC sent petition to Manila

9-22-2009 Medical Exam (scar on lungs) will have sputum test done

9-28-2009 K1 visa interview (canceled)

12-02-2009 call the SLMEC for sputum test report out

12-07-2009 Medical passed

12-08-2009 CFO

December 16, 2009 visa Pink Slip

December 20, 2009 entered USA

With God's blessing

Dale and Pat

You don't need a "house", you just need a domicile in the the US. (apartment, Mom's basement, etc...)

All you have to show is that you make the poverty level (125%) for the amount of people needed (and it's based on where you live) - I-864P

For example, two people (petitioner/benificiary) (not in AK/HI/Military), the petitioner would need to show an income of $18,212.00

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

And for your first question, yes, it's something you HAVE to fill out and your fiancee will take with her/him to the interview along with supporting documents.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.