kev_n_jena

How Wonderful Are Your Inlaws?(Naging mabait ba sila sa inyo?)

45 posts in this topic

Unfortunately, haven't had the chance to meet my in-laws (Mother & Father in-law both dead and no brother/sister in law coz hubby is an only child). They're both in peace now, but used to visit them every now and then. :innocent:

Edited by chizkeyk

February 2006 - File Petition, Approved

May 2006 - Medical, Interview, VISA on hand

September 2006 - Set foot prints in the chilly icy JFK, NYC

December 2006 - Civil Wedding

March 2007 - File AOS

June 29, 2007 - Temporary Green Card

I-751

May 30, 2009 - Priority Mail with Confirmation Receipt I-751 Packet

June 1, 2009 - Packed Received by USCIS around 4PM (per USPS Confirmation Delivery Receipt) - now, what's next?

June 2, 2009 - I-797C Receipt Date (Time 21:07....are they operating 24 hours???)

June 3, 2009 - Cashed Check/Bank Cleared

June 4, 2009 - USCIS Postage Date

June 5, 2009 - Local Post Office Receipt date (so, its been sitting on our mail box in house #2 for 5 days...)

June 11, 2009 - Got it! 1 year extension notice......

June 18, 2009 - Received Biometrics schedule

July 10, 2009 - Biometrics Day (cancelled/re-sched)

July 23, 2009 - Biometrics day

November 2, 2009 - Approved

November 5, 2009 - Received via Mail "Approval Notice"

Waiting for actual GC

----NO RFE!!!-----------

rmdlw2.png

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have not met my mom-in-law in person but i've talked to her many times (thru phone calls and emails)before ever since my hubby and i got together. she's really really nice to me and i like her a lot. she was really excited (cleaned up their house) when we were supposed to visit her this week. unfortunately, i got a job and we have to move the visit to july or august. :( as for my dad-in-law, i met him back in pinas. he likes me a lot too and he couldn't wait for me and my hubby to get married. now, he wants grandchildren soon. :)

ROC mailed to USCIS -- June 10, 2011

ROC approved -- November 1, 2011

finally free of USCIS paperwork!

japan, japan! sagot sa kahirapan!

smswp8wx7d.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Super BAIT :star::star::star: ng byenan kong babae at lalaki :star::star::star: Sobrang mahal nila anak koh at nagpapasalamat ako kasi nagkarun ako ng tutuong tao at super bait na byenan :star: gustu ko na nga lumipat sa bahay nila, ayaw ng asawa koh bakit daw kami makikitira may sarili kaming bahay :no: hatid sundo nila akong dalawa sa school at kahit sa work :D lahat kami baby nila, lalong lalo na anak ko kaya sinasabi ko sa family ko sa pinas na napakaswerte ko sa byenan ko dahil napalaki nilang mabuting tao asawa ko at mahal nila kami :)

09/28/08-green card received

1-751

07/02/10-mailed it 2day

07/06/10-they received my application forms

07/13/10-received notice receipt(gc extended for one year)

07/28/10-received biometric appointment

09/23/10 GC approved!!!

9/26/20 Gota pproval notice

10/01/10 GC receivedd

event.png

I never knew how much love my heart could hold until my son called me "MOMMY."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Interesting topic, I hope the rest who respond write in English.

My mom is in the air right now coming to California from Maryland to meet my brand new out of the box wife (kidding... hehe). My wife is nervous. My mom is very tight with her money even though she has a lot of it so even I wonder if she'll bring a gift. My mom is as old fashioned as they come so no matter, I think she and Inday will do fine together.

Life..... Nobody gets out alive.

I love my in-laws so much! They all love me too. As in, they always treated me and my son as their own.

I thought at first, when I was still in Pinas, that they'd not like me cos they never knew about me until their son and me got engaged. But after my hubby (was then fiance) told them about us (me and my son) and our plan to get married, me and Mom started e-mailing each other, almost everyday. She is a very nice woman. Very talkative din, gaya ko. In fact, when we first got here, and we met at the airport, she started talking a lot which made me so comfortable right off the bat.

My dad-in-law isn't really talkative and so sarcastic naturally, in a mean and funny way, which what we always miss about him. Both of them loved my son so much though he's not their own blood, but they love him, much more than how they love their real grandson cos they see my son more often than the other. In fact, during the time that me and my then-fiance planned on having me here, we thought of just leaving my son and just have him follow-to-join cos we're tight on money, but it was my parents-in-law who paid every single penny needed for my son to get here at the same time with me. Nakakatouch talaga!

And the list goes on....

Kayo naman! :D

Feb 07 - met my Dream Guy

Jun 08 - arrived in the US

Jul 08 - ♥♥♥ WEDDING DAY ♥♥♥

Jul 09 - Temp GC received

Mar 12 - 10 yr GC received

Aug 13 - Naturalized

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi guys, ok putting in my opinion on inlaws here now. My mother in law is named Yamina and she is the greatest. I lived in her home over a year when I did DCF for Farid and she was tremendous. We did not understand each other at all yet she would always make signs to me to go eat, to go see TV etc. And she always made sure I was warn with blankets and handed me some socks and some long gowns as well for sleeping. She cried alot when Farid and I left her home to come to the US. She said that I was like a daughter to her and that she knew that Farid was a good man and that he would treat me well. So that is my mother in law Yamina.

Oct 28,2006 Met online in Yahoo messenger
Dec 2,2007 Traveled to Morocco and decided to stay
Jan 7,2008 Got married in Zaio
Mar 2,2008 Got my Moroccan residency
Oct 23,2008 Direct Consular filed at consulate
Oct 31,2008 Got interview call for Dec 22nd
Nov 11,2008 Medical exam done
Dec 22,2008 Interview and got approved
Dec 23,2008 Visa issued, thanks to God
Jan 20,2009 Flew home to Texas.
Jan 21,2009 Living and working in Los Fresnos, Texas
Oct 30,2010 Filed I-751 Lifting of Conditions
Nov 2, 2010 NOA1
Dec 10,2010 Biometrics
Mar 23,2011 Approved Lifting of Conditions
Oct 28,2011 Filed N-400 Naturalization
Nov 02,2011 NOA 1
Nov 28,2011 Recd text/email placed inline for interview schedule
Dec 01,2011 Recd text/email interview scheduled,pending letter
Jan 10,2012 Interview Date
Jan 10,2012 Interview Cancelled and will be rescheduled per
USCIS as Farid can only interview after Jan 20th
Feb 23,2012 Citizenship Interview Date-Farid passed. Wohoo
July 6,2012 Oath Ceremony-McAllen Texas

March 20,2013 Petitioned for Momma

March 9, 2015 Momma arrives in Texas to live with us.

January 30, 2016 Momma leaves back to Morocco for a visit.

My inlaws are the best for me.I used to talked to my Father Inlaw before when I was still in the Philippines.He always sent me emails.When I gave birth to his youngest grand-daughter,he sent me a message that he welcomed us to their family and gave some money for my daughter.The last time we talked was 2008 Valentine's day.Too sad because he died 2days after we got my NOA2 for K1.Wish pa nman nya na makita nya apo nya at makilala ako.

About my Mother Inlaw,she is the best mom-inlaw,akala ko masungit sya kc she is German and lives in Germany.Naghiwalay kc ang parents ng asawa ko and he is the only child of his parents.Back in PI,me and mom-inlaw always talked on emails and txt and sometimes we called each other.Then before we got here,she said that she is planning her trip to go here to attend our court wedding and at the same time to see her only grand-daughter and her son because they didn't see each other for 12years..I was so happy when I finally met her and her husband now,they are so nice and sweet.They had something for me and for my daughter.Pag nasa work hubby ko,pinupuntahan nila kmi ng anak ko tpos isasama nila kmi gumala,magpunta sa park,garden then kain sa labas,tulungan pa ako mag-alaga sa anak ko pra nman daw mkpag-relax ako.Sobrang bait wala ako masabi.Pinatikim ko sila ng Filipino Food and I'm glad kasi nagustuhan nila at di sila pihikan.Sana magkita-kita uli kmi,kasi nman layo nila.

N-400 Naturalization

04/25/2012 - sent N-400 package to USCIS Dallas

04/28/2012 - package delivered at USCIS Dallas

I-751 Removal of Condition

03/22/2011 - sent I-751 package to USCIS Vermont via USPS Priority+Certified mail with Return receipt

03/24/2011 - package delivered at VSC according to USPS tracking

03/25/2011 - package received by Center Director according to Return receipt

04/04/2011 - NOA received - dated 03/25/2011

04/11/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice received -notice date 04/08/2011

04/28/2011 - Biometrics Appointment - Done!

10/14/2011 - Card Production Email

10/17/2011 - Approval Notice received - dated 10/06/2011

11/04/2011 - 10yrs green card received

Unfortunately, haven't had the chance to meet my in-laws (Mother & Father in-law both dead and no brother/sister in law coz hubby is an only child). They're both in peace now, but used to visit them every now and then. :innocent:

The same here. I have no chance of meeting them. My husband siblings ( 1 sister/ 2 brothers) are very nice to me. The first time I met them I felt so at ease. My sister- in - law was our wedding coordinator and my bro -in- law was our photographer in our church wedding. All of them are happy to see their brother married finally!

Riza

God is Great .. God is good... all the time..

N_-400

12/13/2010- SEnt The packet

12/22/2010- The packet was returned due to missing page.

12/23/2010- Resend the packet with complete pages.

12/29/2010- Check cashed in

01/03/2010- Receive NOA

01/10/2011- Email from USCIS for the Required Evidence( Finger printing)

01/26/2011-Biometric Schedule

02/07/2011-USCIS online status update-

02/12/2011- Received Interview Letter Scheduled March 14

02/12/2011- Received Descheduled letter

02/17/2011- USCIS online Status update

02/22/2011-New IL arrived schedule for March 29

02/22/2011-Descheduled Letter Again ( 2nd Time)

02/23/2011- I called USCIS and I was told new schedule in the computer for March 22

02/23/2011-USCIS ONline update....

03/01/2011-Interview Letter for March 22 @ 7:15 AM

03/22/2011- Interview and Oath; US Citizen

Timeline

Hehehe.. wanna share mine too...

I just arrived here last Friday, and just met my soon to be in-laws last Tuesday. Though, I met them online when I was still in the Philippines, I still had worries of meeting them in person. So, when we got to their house, I hugged them and they uttered how beautiful I am (Sheesh! Kahit di ako pretty, sige na nga... Hahaha!). Then, his mom dragged me with her to get some lunch. We went to grocery, and talked a lot about my trip and how I like it here. She is so nice and so sweet. She showed me around the house, explained to me the wedding pictures, and then showed the spot where she will put our wedding picture. His father is so nice, and full of fun, I kept laughing to his stories (really funny, I know now where did my Bebe ko got his sense of humor). Then, we had to get some of my documents for the church for our wedding, we had to get back home. Then, his dad said we should go back and have dinner with them. It was really wonderful dinner, lots of fun. Then, I was told how happy they are to see how happy we are for each other.

Then, just yesterday, I hang out with my mom-in-law to be. She accompanied me to the cake shop where we ordered my wedding cake. Then, we went to the mall because she needed to shop for her summer ou tfit (I love to shop kahit di para sa akin.) We ate lunch at her old fav resto, sooooo yummy the food. When she stopped by in our house, she said she loves what I did in our house. Hahahaha! Our house kinda mess when I arrived last Friday ... clean but disorganize. I can't stand to see a lot of mess around (automatic na agad kamay kong maglinis... Hahaha!). Then, my mom-in-law to be bought me magazines for house decorating.

Before my mom-in-law to be went home, she told me how she loved to go around with me. She said she really have fun and thanked me, and she wanted to do it again when she had an off from work.

Okay.... bottom line.... I love my in-laws...

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

ay parang gusto ko tong topic na to :lol:

when i got here last May sa parents nya nag stay si hubby since he got stationed here last Feb at practical nman na mag stay sya d2 kesa nman umupa ng apartment nya mg isa diba?? :D so i got here night time and their house really amazed me WTH!!! uber kalat :crying: parang yung napanood ko sa TLC "hoarder" tpos nung time din na un sbi ko kay hubby bat makalat bahay ng tatay mo (syempre english un) sbi nya yung stepmom nya dw ang makalat wla n lng dw magawa ang tatay nya...so the next day hubby needs to go to work ( o dba ang saya work sya nde pa kc sya nag file ng leave kc my mission pa cla inaasikaso) so naiwan ako mg isa mghapon ang ginawa ko dhil nde ka tlga mkkhinga sa paligid mo sinubukan kong mag linis ng bahagya ang i ended up general cleaning the house its not my intention to make pa impres to them kung kayo nsa katayuan ko nde nyo maatim na mamalagi ng maghapon sa uber gulo at uber sikip na bahay whew!! so when my dad in law got home na surprised sya mejo kinabahan ako kc bka mmya ang isipin nla masyado ako pakialamera pero sobrang natuwa sya so nung dumating nman si step mom in law naiyak nman sya natuwan nman ako at na appreciate nla yung ginawa ko so when we moved sa apartment nmen nde ko na nabisita cla ulet then for some reason i need to stay with them again kc si hubby my mission ulet sa ibang base pg balik ko d2....WTH!! balik ulet sa dati :crying: sbi ni hubby wag n dw ako maglinis kc sakit na ni step mom in law un hayy...ok na sana but other than that wla ako mssbi sa mga in laws ko khit yung parents in law ni dad in law (grandma) they like me :D niregaluhan pa nga nya ko nung mother's day kahit nde pko mommy :lol:

Good girl! That was so nice of you. I have no problem with that at all. My in-laws are very organized and neat that amazed me! I hate not being organized that make me crazy. They always give a compliment everytime they come over to our house. :thumbs:

Kev n Jena

thumb_Kyle_John_1_email.jpgthumb_Img_2057_web.jpgthumb_Pictures_429.jpg

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Pet Peeve for 2011 - supercilious, contemptuous, arrogant, attitudes.

I am very lucky to have a good mom-in-law though she is kinda forgetful already. She is always with us every time that my husband, my son and I go out to eat. She works in the dry cleaning and laundromat that my husband is working. My father-in-law is nice also but he doesn't go with us to eat out because he is fuzzy. I thank the Good Lord that my in-laws did a good job with regards to discipline because my husband is really the best for me. Even my family is very happy that I find the most wonderful man. I have one sister-in-law but she is in another state and I didn't see her yet but we talked for 2x already. Their family is very small dad-in-law, mom-in-law, sis-in-law and of course my husband.

I wish all the filipino women married to USC will have a good relationship with their in-laws. That helps a lot to build a better relationship

:thumbs::dance:

Kev n Jena

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Hehehe.. wanna share mine too...

I just arrived here last Friday, and just met my soon to be in-laws last Tuesday. Though, I met them online when I was still in the Philippines, I still had worries of meeting them in person. So, when we got to their house, I hugged them and they uttered how beautiful I am (Sheesh! Kahit di ako pretty, sige na nga... Hahaha!). Then, his mom dragged me with her to get some lunch. We went to grocery, and talked a lot about my trip and how I like it here. She is so nice and so sweet. She showed me around the house, explained to me the wedding pictures, and then showed the spot where she will put our wedding picture. His father is so nice, and full of fun, I kept laughing to his stories (really funny, I know now where did my Bebe ko got his sense of humor). Then, we had to get some of my documents for the church for our wedding, we had to get back home. Then, his dad said we should go back and have dinner with them. It was really wonderful dinner, lots of fun. Then, I was told how happy they are to see how happy we are for each other.

Then, just yesterday, I hang out with my mom-in-law to be. She accompanied me to the cake shop where we ordered my wedding cake. Then, we went to the mall because she needed to shop for her summer ou tfit (I love to shop kahit di para sa akin.) We ate lunch at her old fav resto, sooooo yummy the food. When she stopped by in our house, she said she loves what I did in our house. Hahahaha! Our house kinda mess when I arrived last Friday ... clean but disorganize. I can't stand to see a lot of mess around (automatic na agad kamay kong maglinis... Hahaha!). Then, my mom-in-law to be bought me magazines for house decorating.

Before my mom-in-law to be went home, she told me how she loved to go around with me. She said she really have fun and thanked me, and she wanted to do it again when she had an off from work.

Okay.... bottom line.... I love my in-laws...

Wow, Good luck to your wedding Sis. What nice in-laws they are, aren't they? My in-laws did the same thing. I'd say they actually did most of things for our wedding (from the church to the reception). They even paid for almost everything. ADVANCE HAPPY WEDDING TO BOTH OF YOU!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Kev n Jena

Timeline

Sali din po ako... :)

Wala din ako masabi sa mga in laws ko kc super bait nila... :star::star:

When i was still in Pinas palagi nila akong ka chat sabi nila pretty daw ako pero alam ko n hindi ako pretty... :lol:

Kasama ng husband ko ung father in law ko noong sinundo ako sa airport, they asked if we want to live with them even for 5 months so we did para pagbigyan request nila kc 2 n lang cla and after that bumukod kmi but 2 t0 3 times a week p rin kmi bumibisita sa kanila if my time kmi.

They treat me as their own, my husband has 2 siblings they are so nice also but they have their own life already. My mother in law gave me some of her jewelry and My father in law teached me how to cook american foods and we both loved seafoods thats why everytime n magluluto cya ng seafoods tatawagan nya ako to eat with them.But im so sad right now coz my father in law will undergo a 3 bypass operation tomorrow coz there is a block on his heart... :( lahat kmi nakatuka sa hospital, naawa n rin ako sa mother in law ko kc sobra cyang worried for tomorrow and i know my husband is so so worried also.

Kung sa gift naman marami ako na receive nung xmas(dec. 2008) 1st xmas in US at kung my lakad ung 2 sisters ng hubby ko like nood sa theater, shopping and etc. palagi akung kasama.

Thats why i thank God kc binigyan nya ko ng mababait n mga in laws... :star:

39b2fa9yhv20c.png

TIMELINE

K-3 VISA:

EAD:

04.20.2009 : Received Date

05.05.2009 : Received NOA from USCIS

07.28.2009 : Biometrics Appointment

08.04.2009 : EAD Card REceived in mail

AOS:

02.22.2010 : Mailed AOS Application via USPS Express Mail

02.23.2010 : Received date (Chicago Lockbox)

03.02.2010 : Received NOA

03.25.2010 : Biometrics Appointment

05.14.2010 : Interview [Passed!!! Yahoo! Thank God :)]

06.12.2010 : Green Card Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I love my wife's family. Her parents show respect for their elders, so they are nice to me.

Lira has not met my family yet because we live in remote Alaska and they are in the lower '48. My brother sure seems real interested in meeting her. ;) She talks to my mom and brother on the phone.

I love my wife's family. Her parents show respect for their elders, so they are nice to me.

Lira has not met my family yet because we live in remote Alaska and they are in the lower '48. My brother sure seems real interested in meeting her. ;) She talks to my mom and brother on the phone.

Cool, I'm sure everything will go great! Thanks for replying :thumbs:

Kev n Jena

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.