kev_n_jena

How Wonderful Are Your Inlaws?(Naging mabait ba sila sa inyo?)

45 posts in this topic

Cheers to all of us! Magandang Araw Sa Lahat and Good Day To Everyone! lol

Since today is a nice day, I just thought to make a nice topic about how wonderful your inlaws are? Since, I was still in the Phillipines, I've been chatting my in laws online ( of course after I met my husband). I felt like I was already close to their family. They already treated me as one of their families. When my husband's first visited me, he brought a nice little jewelry box with a gold bracelet in it and it had a note that said "Think of us when you wear it, From Mom and Dad". I thought it was so sweet of them. I still remember when they sent a package of chocolates, a check for my birthday and photos. That was so thoughtful of them, wasn't it?

My husband (but he was my fiancee that time) and I flew together to the US. It felt so good that my in laws were in the airport waiting and anxious to meet me and carrying a sign says "Welcome Jena, We all love you" with a bouque of flowers. It feels so good and reassuring that they all love me and hug me. I still have lots of good things to share about what they have done for me. However, Gusto ko naman marinig ang sa inyo. I know marami din kayong ma i share to us...I always thank to God for all the goodness I have gotten since and then. I'm very thankful for having a wonderful parents and learning a good morals from them. Hanggang dito nalang po ako...

I hope na ma i share naman po ninyo ang mga goodness nila for you. :thumbs: Have a good day mga ka VJ :dance

Edited by kev_n_jena

Kev n Jena

thumb_Kyle_John_1_email.jpgthumb_Img_2057_web.jpgthumb_Pictures_429.jpg

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Pet Peeve for 2011 - supercilious, contemptuous, arrogant, attitudes.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say 50/50:

kc my father nung nsa bahay nya kme sa CA kay mario- there ok but not in good terms kc ba naman wla paren work si mario from 2006 - and still looking at the moment to this point anong petsa na..ako ang pinoy ako girl ang kumakayod magmula pinas hanggang dito BREADWINNER ba haha baliktad... haha and for some reasons, sa case ko 70%- sa mom ng husband ko were ok she have high respect on me pero i dont like kc bsta may mga spanish traits na ayaw ko. especially ung bagon asawa i shouted at him last time kc i was telling him 4times im using the bathroom but he keep knocking in.. hahah ..pero sa daddy ni mario ( kc the parents are separated ) at tsaka sa wife nya 99% ok naman...-- bsta maging honest sweet klng to them FOOD...nko yan ang panligaw..doing special errands for them (F)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

O yes! My in-laws are very very good to me :luv: Everytime they give gifts to their kids ay meron din ako :D They are teaching me too about the life here in the US, they always bring me to restaurants (specially my dad-in-law) and they bring me to different places. My dad-in-law is super funny, he loves kids and he is a neat freak :D I am most of the time with him when my husband is not around. He taught me how to paint walls, do some wall mudding and some other household chores :D I enjoy his company din. He is my ride din sometimes whenever I want to go to store or going to work. He is actually very excited na rin for my baby. He said he wants a baby girl and he wants the baby to have my long black straight hair, my skin color and my slanty eyes :bonk: lol!

My mom-in-law naman ay super bait din. Once a week lang kami magmeet pero what we have something in common is we both cry everytime we watch love story movies and drama :bonk::lol: I was so happy nga on my last bday caz she surprised me with a gift (watch and bracelet). I was happy kasi she is sick but she was still manage to go to the store and buy me a watch :luv: Usually she gives money as gifts to her kids pero sa akin eh she spend time pa to buy me a gift and I was really touched talaga :luv:

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I can say I have the best in-laws in the world :) They are quiet people. Professionals yet sweet and sincere. I've been here for almost 60 months and they've been as loving as I've seen them first. They live 300 miles away from us but every trip is sooo special. Either us or them visiting. Gifts here and there but you know what it's really them that I love. Who they are and the upbringing that I'm now treasuring of my husband.

I'm glad we're all enjoying our in-laws. They are treasures.

Blessings everyone!

IR-5 Petition for Mother:

12-31-10 - Sent Form I-130

01-04-11 - NOA 1

01-10-11 - Check cashed

05-09-11 - NOA 2

----------

05-18-11 - Case Number, IIN, E-mailed DS-3032

05-19-11 - Paid AOS Fee $88.00

05-23-11 - AOS shows "PAID"

05-24-11 - Paid IV Fee $404.00

05-26-11 - IV Fee shows "PAID"

05-28-11 - Mailed I-864

06-13-11 - I-864 accepted

06-20-11 - Mailed DS-230

07-07-11 - SIF and Case Complete

07-19-11 - Passed the two-day medical

09-06-11 - Visa Approved

09-08-11 - Visa On-Hand

I would say 50/50:

kc my father nung nsa bahay nya kme sa CA kay mario- there ok but not in good terms kc ba naman wla paren work si mario from 2006 - and still looking at the moment to this point anong petsa na..ako ang pinoy ako girl ang kumakayod magmula pinas hanggang dito BREADWINNER ba haha baliktad... haha and for some reasons, sa case ko 70%- sa mom ng husband ko were ok she have high respect on me pero i dont like kc bsta may mga spanish traits na ayaw ko. especially ung bagon asawa i shouted at him last time kc i was telling him 4times im using the bathroom but he keep knocking in.. hahah ..pero sa daddy ni mario ( kc the parents are separated ) at tsaka sa wife nya 99% ok naman...-- bsta maging honest sweet klng to them FOOD...nko yan ang panligaw..doing special errands for them (F)

Hi Shopia, Thanks for the reply. Wow, I'm proud of you that you were a BREADWINNER, Lol...gosh, nakakainis talaga iyong mga taong ganon, kahit na alam nila na mayroon tao sa loob tapos they just keep knocking at it! Grrrr. Anyway, Speaking of food naman, wala akong problema doon. Inlaws ko puro magagaling magluto. Tsuup..

Kev n Jena

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

O yes! My in-laws are very very good to me :luv: Everytime they give gifts to their kids ay meron din ako :D They are teaching me too about the life here in the US, they always bring me to restaurants (specially my dad-in-law) and they bring me to different places. My dad-in-law is super funny, he loves kids and he is a neat freak :D I am most of the time with him when my husband is not around. He taught me how to paint walls, do some wall mudding and some other household chores :D I enjoy his company din. He is my ride din sometimes whenever I want to go to store or going to work. He is actually very excited na rin for my baby. He said he wants a baby girl and he wants the baby to have my long black straight hair, my skin color and my slanty eyes :bonk: lol!

My mom-in-law naman ay super bait din. Once a week lang kami magmeet pero what we have something in common is we both cry everytime we watch love story movies and drama :bonk::lol: I was so happy nga on my last bday caz she surprised me with a gift (watch and bracelet). I was happy kasi she is sick but she was still manage to go to the store and buy me a watch :luv: Usually she gives money as gifts to her kids pero sa akin eh she spend time pa to buy me a gift and I was really touched talaga :luv:

Awww, I'd say that is so sweet! Yes, I'm sure they're excited to see their Grandchild with a foreign blood. My Dad inlaw is so nice too. He always have me a gift certificates (food) everytime we come over to thier house or sometimes he just sent it to the mail. My Mom inlaw brings a bouque of fresh flowers or some plant.. Gosh, I can't wait to have Christmas again and my B-day.. (I'm sure you know what I mean..)hehe :dance:

Kev n Jena

hahah..pero the best panligaw sa mga inlaws pagkain normally bumibili ako for them or doing special errands..haha..grabe ang istorya ay isang telenovela..baliktad KANO nakaasa sa pinay hahah...ako lahat as in pati sa anak naman haha...waaah (F)

ay parang gusto ko tong topic na to :lol:

when i got here last May sa parents nya nag stay si hubby since he got stationed here last Feb at practical nman na mag stay sya d2 kesa nman umupa ng apartment nya mg isa diba?? :D so i got here night time and their house really amazed me WTH!!! uber kalat :crying: parang yung napanood ko sa TLC "hoarder" tpos nung time din na un sbi ko kay hubby bat makalat bahay ng tatay mo (syempre english un) sbi nya yung stepmom nya dw ang makalat wla n lng dw magawa ang tatay nya...so the next day hubby needs to go to work ( o dba ang saya work sya nde pa kc sya nag file ng leave kc my mission pa cla inaasikaso) so naiwan ako mg isa mghapon ang ginawa ko dhil nde ka tlga mkkhinga sa paligid mo sinubukan kong mag linis ng bahagya ang i ended up general cleaning the house its not my intention to make pa impres to them kung kayo nsa katayuan ko nde nyo maatim na mamalagi ng maghapon sa uber gulo at uber sikip na bahay whew!! so when my dad in law got home na surprised sya mejo kinabahan ako kc bka mmya ang isipin nla masyado ako pakialamera pero sobrang natuwa sya so nung dumating nman si step mom in law naiyak nman sya natuwan nman ako at na appreciate nla yung ginawa ko so when we moved sa apartment nmen nde ko na nabisita cla ulet then for some reason i need to stay with them again kc si hubby my mission ulet sa ibang base pg balik ko d2....WTH!! balik ulet sa dati :crying: sbi ni hubby wag n dw ako maglinis kc sakit na ni step mom in law un hayy...ok na sana but other than that wla ako mssbi sa mga in laws ko khit yung parents in law ni dad in law (grandma) they like me :D niregaluhan pa nga nya ko nung mother's day kahit nde pko mommy :lol:

03.14.2011 -------I-751 sent overnight

03.15.2011 -------package says "Delivered"

03.30.2011 -------ASC Appointment Notice Received

04.22.2011 -------Biometrics Appointment

08.29.2011--------APPROVED! GC RECEIVED!

I'm the wife of an American Soldier;

I'm the hope that lives within him after storm clouded days.

The freedom from war that gives wings to his heart,

May they reach across the miles and bind our hearts together

against all that we must face in this world.

My in laws... They are the best! :dance::dance::dance:

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

I thank God mabait ang in laws ko so di masyado ako nahirapan dito. My mother in law is an Irish and 100 % very nice palagi kami invite ng baby ko sa bahay nila maghapaunan since my husband is working and came home very late. Minsan nahihiya na nga ako kasi they watched my son if doon kami sa kanila to give me break daw. Araw araw tumatawag to check if ok kami ng anak ko or I need something. Minsan nag offer pa to help me sa garden ko..then sa father in law ko naman although twice siyang na bypass walang pagod sa kasusundo sa amin ng anak ko para doon mag dinner sa kanila then hatid naman sa bahay after...Natouched talaga ako minsan day off ng husband ko pero may tumawag at kailangan niya magreport sa work, in the afternoon tumawag mother in law ko kakain daw kami sa labas kasi wala husband ko sila nalang daw mag treat ng dinner sa amin ng anak ko. wowowowwo as in wala ako masabi.....then sa gift better to keep quiet nalang :)

I am very lucky to have a good mom-in-law though she is kinda forgetful already. She is always with us every time that my husband, my son and I go out to eat. She works in the dry cleaning and laundromat that my husband is working. My father-in-law is nice also but he doesn't go with us to eat out because he is fuzzy. I thank the Good Lord that my in-laws did a good job with regards to discipline because my husband is really the best for me. Even my family is very happy that I find the most wonderful man. I have one sister-in-law but she is in another state and I didn't see her yet but we talked for 2x already. Their family is very small dad-in-law, mom-in-law, sis-in-law and of course my husband.

I wish all the filipino women married to USC will have a good relationship with their in-laws. That helps a lot to build a better relationship

Sali din ako. Mabait din sakin ang mother in law ko...she is already 75 years old but whenever we need her she always ready to help us. Even malayo yong house nya. She lives in AZ while us lives here in CA. Just like this week..i had my ultrasound and hindi pwede bata sa hospital..she drove 10 hrs para mag baby sit sa special baby namin dito. She never forgot every occasions too. Even it's not special she always have something to gave to us. Dad in law...wala na sya eh :( he passed away for like 10 yrs already). No sister inlaw nor brother in law kasi the only child lang hubby ko.

Evelyn

29960_396648778323_615343323_4014936_8258670_n.jpg

Q3b5m7.png

Aug 3, 2006 Sent I-129f in to CSC

Aug 15, 2006 Sent in updated I-129f

Aug 23, 2006 NOA1

Aug 25, 2006 They cashed my check

Aug 30, 2006 NOA1 received in mail

Dec 2, 2006 NOA2 recieved in mail

Dec 12, 2006 I receive that letter from NVC

Mar 22, 2007 St. Lukes appointment

Mar 29, 2007 7:30am Interview

Mar 29, 2007 12pm APPROVED!!! PRAISE GOD!!!

April 10, 2007 Fiancee Arrived!!! WOO HOO!!!

June 26, 2007 Wedding

July 2, 2007 Medical for AOS

July 6, 2007 Sent in AOS (cutting it really close to the 90 days!)

July 8, 2007 USCIS receives i-485

July 16, 2007 NOA1

July 18, 2007 NOA biometrics

Aug 11, 2007 Biometrics appointment.

Oct 11, 2007 Interview

Oct 11, 2007 Green card Approved!!! You cant kick me out now Baby!

Oct 18, 2007 Welcome letter saying Green card is on its way

Oct 22, 2007 2 year Green card arrived!!

TIMELINE-I-751-Oct 11, 2009 GC Expiration

July 8, 2009- Sent 1-751 in to CSC

July 15, 2009- CSC sent back my papers saying its too early for 90 days expiration

July 16, 2009- Resend my papers 85 days before GC expired

July 18, 2009- Arrived at CSC-10:53 am

July 22, 2009- Cashed Check

July 27, 2009- NOA 1 recieved

July 31, 2009- Biometric Notice Recieved

Aug 18, 2009- Biometric Schedule

Sep 03, 2009- Card Production ordered

Sep 09, 2009-Approval letter recieved in the mail

Sep 12, 2009- 10 Year GC recieved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.