globetrotter

addresses

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

do you think it matter if I have one address as current on my I 129 form and another address on the G-325A? I have been employed the last 2 years in the UK but have spent most of the time doing research in the Dominican Republic. SO - my address for correspondance, etc is in the UK (I head back there in 2 months) but I think I should put the address at which I am currently residing in the DR on the G-325A form.

I have posted a question about this before but I am still confused....

K1 Application

23 Feb 2006 - I-129 mailed

14 August 2006 - Approved!!!! :-)

21 October 2006 - Married in the mountains of North Carolina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS Application

6 November 2006 - Applied for AOS, EAD and AP

09 Decemeber 2006 - e-mail received to say case was trasferred to California

16 December 2006- biometric appointment in Charlotte, NC

20 Jan 2007 -AP approved

24 Jan -EAD approved

28 June -Green card ordered

7 July wedding celebrations in Scotland

How long a period have you been in the DR?? Is it intermittent? IMO, I would tend to keep to the UK address if that is where all correspondence goes to and is your present residence.

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Timeline
How long a period have you been in the DR?? Is it intermittent? IMO, I would tend to keep to the UK address if that is where all correspondence goes to and is your present residence.

UK is where all my correspondence has been going (eg bank statements) for the last 2 years. I have been in the DR for a lot of the last 2 years but never for longer than 4 months at any one time as I visited the USA regulary. Initially I was going to leave the DR off both forms (that way I do not have to worry about getting a police check in the DR either) but it comes out in Q 18 (was 19) on when I met my finacee in the last 2 years that he came to visit me in the DR on 3 occacions.. so did not know if it was wierd not to put a DR address anywhere. I'm not trying to hide anything just do not want to complicate things either...... OK so I probably worry too much as well ;-)

Thanks for the link on the forms - has changed my life :yes:

K1 Application

AOS Application

20 Jan 2007 -AP approved

24 Jan -EAD approved

UK is where all my correspondence has been going (eg bank statements) for the last 2 years. I have been in the DR for a lot of the last 2 years but never for longer than 4 months at any one time as I visited the USA regulary. Initially I was going to leave the DR off both forms (that way I do not have to worry about getting a police check in the DR either) but it comes out in Q 18 (was 19) on when I met my finacee in the last 2 years that he came to visit me in the DR on 3 occacions.. so did not know if it was wierd not to put a DR address anywhere. I'm not trying to hide anything just do not want to complicate things either...... OK so I probably worry too much as well ;-)

Have you been back for periods to your UK address as well?

Would the USCIS then be aware of that from your passport???? And perhaps in turn that would then make the DR address your current if there has only been visits from the DR to the US and as you say visits from your fiance to the DR??? In turn that would then perhaps mean you would need to have police check from DR??? Throwing some things out to you here to think about :)

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Timeline

Would the USCIS then be aware of that from your passport???? And perhaps in turn that would then make the DR address your current if there has only been visits from the DR to the US and as you say visits from your fiance to the DR??? In turn that would then perhaps mean you would need to have police check from DR??? Throwing some things out to you here to think about :)

OK but if I include the DR address (which is where I am at present) how do I manage to have the UK address as the address for correspondence? I will be back there as from April. This goes back to my original question - does it make sense to put the UK address on the form I-129 but the DR address as current on the form G - 325A...??? Or can you suggest another way of doing this?

Thanks

K1 Application

AOS Application

20 Jan 2007 -AP approved

24 Jan -EAD approved

OK but if I include the DR address (which is where I am at present) how do I manage to have the UK address as the address for correspondence? I will be back there as from April. This goes back to my original question - does it make sense to put the UK address on the form I-129 but the DR address as current on the form G - 325A...??? Or can you suggest another way of doing this?

Thanks

Your UK address listed on the I-129F would be the address for any correspondence. G-325A is biographical information. Listing the DR address on the G-325A and perhaps an attachment on a seperate sheet outlining your circumstances so as no questions are asked regarding it and there is no cofusion, as it does appear that you have spent much of your time there aside from the visits to the US. Make note of the attachment on the form question and then on the attachment put the question it pertains to, sign and date it. A DR police certificate would then also be required I imagine. What a tangled web we weave lol

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

17.The address block on the forms is the data field captured for all of our mailings.

Consistent with the limitations on the number of characters per line (a maximum of

32) and the total numbers of lines (4) in that field, whatever is in the block will

become the mailing address used by the system. The data in these fields is entered

exactly as indicated on the forms. Please include internal routing symbols in the

address block, especially for large organizations. It is better to abbreviate the

name of the organization and have space for the routing codes than to fully spell out

the name and have notices sit in the organization's mailroom.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/scnational/index.htm

Use the UK address as your postal address for the I-129F, in accordance with the above. As I said the G-325A is biographical information and it is here where you would list the DR address. Hope this all helps some.

You can find me on FBI

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

Timeline

Thank you - very helpful. I will attach a note to the address question on the form I- 129F.

K1 Application

AOS Application

20 Jan 2007 -AP approved

24 Jan -EAD approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.