mkg265

Missing I-94

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

I'm trying to file my husband's I-765 without filling for AOS at the same time (I know waste of money, time, etc, we all make our own decisions).

The problem is that he never got a the I-94 form (I've googled the form and shown it to him and he never got that form/slip of paper).

Am I confused to as what a I-94 is? His passport was stamped with his date of arrival.

The instructions for the I-765 reads to submit the I-94 if available (page 6, 2. A). Well, it's not available...

I've looked up what to do and I could file the I-102 but it costs $320 to file and I have no idea how long it would take to get the replacement and I'm not crazy about playing $320 to replace a form he never got.

Info about arrival and such is in my timeline...

Advice? Stories? Remarks?

Sheep: Baa-ram-ewe, baa-ram-ewe. To your breed, your fleece, your clan be true. Sheep be true. Baa-ram-ewe.

I-94 is the form the airlines normally give you before you arrive to your first POE in the US.

Are you sure he didn't get it? some people put it with their ticket stubs/luggage.

You could possibly go back to your POE and see if they will issue one?

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

K-Visas are NON-Immigrant so are required to fill out a white I-94 card, and the officer at the POE staples the Departure record of the I-94 card in passport. The cards are usually handed out on air flights by the attendants.

IF for some reason one was not issued you can always go to the nearest CBP office (Usually in the nearest international airport) and ask.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contacts/ports/

Also filing for EAD BEFORE AOS is common for K-3 holders, the resulting EAD is valid up to 2 years. This allows the K-3 to delay filing AOS until they are closer to 2 years of marriage, if AOS is approved after two years of marriage, this will avoid a 2 year conditional green-card. Just dont file AOS more than a year after visa medical, or elss you will end up having to do a FULL I-693 medical.

Moving this to Work/Travel prior to green-card. EAD has to do with WORK

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Latvia
Timeline

We lost ours as well, or it wasn't given to her. They may or may not staple it into the passport, which is just plain silly. For such an important document, they will sometimes just slide it in there so it can slip out pretty easily. We just went to the CBP office like YouandDan stated. They were nice enough to make her a duplicate. Just be nice to them, and you may get lucky and not have to spend the filing fee.

Timeline:

03/03/2009 - Arrival in the US!

05/03/2009 - Married!

05/28/2009 - Filed I-130, I-485, I-765!

06/04/2009 - Checks cleared!

06/08/2009 - I-765/I-130 NOA Received!

06/10/2009 - I-485 NOA Received!

06/11/2009 - Biometrics appointment letter, scheduled 06/23/2009

06/17/2009 - I-765/I-130 Touched!

06/19/2009 - Attempted early biometrics... they said nope!

06/23/2009 - Biometrics completed.

07/07/2009 - EAD card production ordered.

07/13/2009 - EAD card production ordered, again.

07/14/2009 - I-765 - Approval notice sent.

07/15/2009 - EAD card received!

07/20/2009 - SS Card applied for.

08/05/2009 - Received Interview letter - Scheduled 9/14!

09/14/2009 - Rescheduled because we moved to Dallas

10/14/2009 - Interview - approved!

10/23/2009 - GC Received.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.