naksah

Early Biometrics - ASC(Fort Worth, Tx)

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Does anyone know if this office allows you to go and do your biometrics early?

You did not mention an office, but I am assuming from your profile, you are from Dallas, TX. Most ASC's do welcome walk-ins, and there is no harm in trying. Even on the day of the assigned biometrics day, you may go in early and if not busy, they will surely take you in. Thats what I did.

IR5 For Parent

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

You did not mention an office, but I am assuming from your profile, you are from Dallas, TX. Most ASC's do welcome walk-ins, and there is no harm in trying. Even on the day of the assigned biometrics day, you may go in early and if not busy, they will surely take you in. Thats what I did.

I mentioned the office in the Topic subject....Its the "Fort Worth" office in Tx

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I mentioned the office in the Topic subject....Its the "Fort Worth" office in Tx

Sorry! Didn't see it. Well, you can try it out. I am sure it won't be busy. Its your luck. You might confront an officer who is helpful or not. Try it. No harm.

IR5 For Parent

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Sorry! Didn't see it. Well, you can try it out. I am sure it won't be busy. Its your luck. You might confront an officer who is helpful or not. Try it. No harm.

Thanx. I will give it a shot and see. I hear it helps to go in the afternoons or on the weekends when they are less likely to be busy. Actually, a member posted somewhere here

that a different ASC office in Dallas does not allow early walk-ins at all. I hope I get lucky.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline
Thanx. I will give it a shot and see. I hear it helps to go in the afternoons or on the weekends when they are less likely to be busy. Actually, a member posted somewhere here

that a different ASC office in Dallas does not allow early walk-ins at all. I hope I get lucky.

Hi Naksah,

I had my biometrics done yesterday at the Dallas North office, it was pretty busy, and had to wait an hour and a half before I had my biometrics taken. (Better to get there early, I went there 1245 for a 1PM appointment. I learned later that it didn't matter what time your appointment was, they process on a first come, first served basis when you get to the ASC).

I chatted a bit with the Technician taking my bio, and he told me he was actually from the Fort Worth office. I remembered your query, so I asked him if they took early walk-ins there. Unfortunately, he said they don't anymore because that ASC can get busy, and they turn away early walk-ins to prioritize those who are scheduled for that day only. Just an FYI. But who knows, maybe you can get lucky? Good luck, and practice smiling without teeth! :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Latvia
Timeline

Interesting... I didn't realize this was possible. Anyone have experience with the Jackson, MS office and doing this?

Timeline:

03/03/2009 - Arrival in the US!

05/03/2009 - Married!

05/28/2009 - Filed I-130, I-485, I-765!

06/04/2009 - Checks cleared!

06/08/2009 - I-765/I-130 NOA Received!

06/10/2009 - I-485 NOA Received!

06/11/2009 - Biometrics appointment letter, scheduled 06/23/2009

06/17/2009 - I-765/I-130 Touched!

06/19/2009 - Attempted early biometrics... they said nope!

06/23/2009 - Biometrics completed.

07/07/2009 - EAD card production ordered.

07/13/2009 - EAD card production ordered, again.

07/14/2009 - I-765 - Approval notice sent.

07/15/2009 - EAD card received!

07/20/2009 - SS Card applied for.

08/05/2009 - Received Interview letter - Scheduled 9/14!

09/14/2009 - Rescheduled because we moved to Dallas

10/14/2009 - Interview - approved!

10/23/2009 - GC Received.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.