8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

i am soooooooooooooooooooo happy i received my noa2, but i am also very confused about the rest.

what am i supose to do ?i got most of the stuff ready, but i don t know if i should contact the ambassade in france or if i should wait for them to do so? and what is the difference bw packet 3 and 4? how soon before the interview can i shedule the medical? i am sooooooo confused

been dating since june 1st 2007

dec-08 -officially engaged,i went back to France to apply for k1

2-11-09:noa1

3-06-09:My angel is visiting me

3-16-09:my angel is going back to the states

6-06-09: received NOA 2 HARDCOPY!!!!! ( notice date:-05-29-09)

Congrats!

First = :guides:

in paticular the K-1 timeline - sponsor needs to get papers ready and sent to the benificiary, and the benificiary will need to do some things.

You can start filling out paperwork now, most embassies have the info online!

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

congrats!

wut i knew the span of medical and interview is one week, thats the rules we had here in philippines. im not sure about france. u can check with ur embassy online. good luck!

I-129F Sent :05-06-09

NOA1 (Receipt) : 05-15-09

NOA2 (Approved) : 08- 24-09

Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4): 09-11-09

Interview Date (K1 Visa): 10-26-09

Interview Result: Approved

Visa Received : 10-30-09

Date of US Entry : 11-11-09 ; POE: Minneapolis

SSN: 11-25-09

Date of Wedding : 11-28-09

AOS

Filing date :

NOA date for I-485 :

I-485 Biometrics Appt Date:

I-485 Interview Date:

I-485 Approval / Denial Date :

I-485 Approved:

I 551 Stamp in passport:

Green Card received Date :

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline
i am soooooooooooooooooooo happy i received my noa2, but i am also very confused about the rest.

what am i supose to do ?i got most of the stuff ready, but i don t know if i should contact the ambassade in france or if i should wait for them to do so? and what is the difference bw packet 3 and 4? how soon before the interview can i shedule the medical? i am sooooooo confused

Congratulations!! If you got the NOA2, your next step should be to call NVC to see if they received it from CSC or VSC whichever your fiance submitted to. NVC will tell you if they've received it and when they sent it out. From then, you can contact the embassy in France to see if they've received it from NVC or you can wait for them to contact you. But before you call them, you should at least know that they've been sent the petition. At this point, your fiance should already have all that is needed to send to you. Packet 3 should list what they will require this should include your medical. Packet 3 should have the paper work that you will need to take to your medical and where to go. So I would recommend to wait on scheduling it. After you sent in your Packet 3, the embassy will sent you your Packet 4 to tell you when your interview is.

At least this is how my journey has been going. Others may be different. Again congratulations and good luck.

11-24-08 sent i-129 (VSC)

12-05-08 check cashed

12-08-08 received NOA 1

03-23-09 i-129f approved per online status - no email notice

03-31-09 recieved NOA 2

04-01-09 NVC IN

04-02-09 NVC OUT

04-10-09 to 05-01-09 2nd visit to Laos

04-23-09 Arrives at USEM

05-04-09 fiancee picks up packet at USEM

05-12, 6-12 and 7-13 Medical

09-30-09 Interview - Passed but they wanted copy of my passport of the 2nd visit

10-08-09 Visa issued

10-18-09 POE - Newark, NJ

10-26-09 Applied for marriage license

10-31-09 Recd license

11-13-09 Wedding

11-16-09 Applied for SSN

11-21-09 Recd SSN

12-05-09 Sent AOS

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...e&cty=Paris

Not sure if you've read that yet. Otherwise, check the Europe thread at the bottom of the forums page and you can post a country specific question that has a better chance of being answered by someone who knows :)

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Filed: Country: France
Timeline

Hello!

If you get to contact the american embassy let me know because I've been paying 15 euros per call to get no useful information :D

We got the packet 3 from the american embassy about 3 weeks after the NOA2 was approved (which was mid april). Then they ask you to gather all the information and send them the "coupon" saying that you are ready so that they can send you the list of the doctors for the medical and the date for the interview... Unfortunately we haven't gotten to that yet because we are struggling to get the packet 3 documents completed...

Good luck!

Timeline

The doctors that are accredited by the embassy will be mailed to you with packet 3 and 4 - As far as I remember, I think that in Packet 3 they ask you to return the G325 part 1&2 (again!!!) to identify you and also you will have to send a form that acknowledge that you have all the evidence required in packet 4. Return the packet 3 as soon as possible as they will not schedule you for interview before receiving them. Packet 4 is the stuff that you need to bring to the interview with you in addition to what you already have (including the medical exam, chronopost envelope 1KG for them to be able to send you your passport back, medical results, and other forms that you will have to turn in at POE etc....) - do not mail packet 4 - just go there with it.

For the medical exam, in the mail you are going to receive soon, there will be the 4 accredited doctors by the US embassy - they are located in Paris...if you are not from Paris - like me - here is what I recommend:

- Your interview will be scheduled at 1pm - on that day, you can get your medical exams done and get the results on time for the interview - I had my blood sample taken at 8am, my X-Ray at 10am (at a different location) - then I showed up at the doctor's office at noon (with my X-Ray, meanwhile she had received my blood results), she completed my medical exam, I was out at 12.20 and walked to the embassy that was 5 minutes walk from her office. Oh, and the Radiology office is also provided by the embassy, as well as the lab for the blood tests - no way I could have done it in Bordeaux before going in Paris - It;s a pain in the ####, but it works out well, that's where you understand that our medical system is rather amazing :)

Bon Courage! Et si tu as besoin d'aide n'hesite pas!!

Seb

Timeline

Thanks to u all for the replies :star:

been dating since june 1st 2007

dec-08 -officially engaged,i went back to France to apply for k1

2-11-09:noa1

3-06-09:My angel is visiting me

3-16-09:my angel is going back to the states

6-06-09: received NOA 2 HARDCOPY!!!!! ( notice date:-05-29-09)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.