mRx

Four-Step Healthcare Solution

185 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
They no longer have the ability to charge what they wish. Prices are dictated to them, correct?

That may not be slavery, but it's close.

Not any more than you or I do when applying for a job - there is a range in pay scale - but it is largely fixed from on high. Very very few people (outside of movie stars and sports personalities) can make open salary demands.

How do you think police, fire and military services fit into that picture?

It's not the care that's the right, it's the health.

But there can be no health without the care; there can be no care without a provider.

:lol: AJ that's circular reasoning. We have fundamentally enshrined rights arising from philosophy (like human rights, or the justice system), things which have an underlying machinery to make it practical.

Madame Cleo & Private Pike,

Slavery may be a staple of European life, but we don't want that in the U.S.A.

Whatever the truth of that statement may be - it seems clear that hyperbole is a staple of American discourse.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't like whips now?

Actually, as a confederate, surely slavery is your thing?

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Diamonds and coriander leaves have value.

... forcibly enslave a certain percentage of the population, and under intense fear, force them to perform America's healthcare. If they deviate from this, they shall be slaughtered and fed as sustinence to the remaining medical slaves.

:lol: sounds like a plan. i'm hungry for some nurse.

A few months ago, I spent a lot of time in the hospital. I once saw this hot asian RN slowly, very slowly, eat a banana. Even in the midst of everything that was happening, i found that hot.

:rofl:

Pike,

Human rights are internal, not provided by others.

While you have the right to be healthy, you don't have the right to force another individual to make you healthy; for that is not a right.

Freedom now for the oppressed Euro-slave doctors!

21FUNNY.gif

So the right to be healthy is illusory? Gotcha :)

Strangely, people do go into health care, not because they want to get rich, but because they want to help people. Odd that...

Edited by Madame Cleo

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline
Pike,

Human rights are internal, not provided by others.

While you have the right to be healthy, you don't have the right to force another individual to make you healthy; for that is not a right.

Freedom now for the oppressed Euro-slave doctors!

I wonder if that's why people take various individuals and institutions to court for rights infringements. The rights are provided by passive implication, sure - but they are enforced by the justice system.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Matt, if you believe the Libertarian viewpoint that all employment relationships are contractual and therefore voluntary, then you should recognize the social contract that everyone here in this country has with the government and our laws. So, even if you are hauled off to jail after being tried and convicted for forgery, for example, you agreed by living here as a citizen, to abide by the laws and justice system that sent you to prison.

Therefore, calling a publicly insured healthcare system, forced upon the people, just doesn't hold up to logic.

Edited by Col. 'Bat' Guano

Timeline

Surely the logical conclusion of this free market approach would be that we dismantle as far as possible - the machinery of government and things like police, fire, education and military services will all be supplied by private contractors.

Quite how this approach would work on an economy the size of the United States... well... I'm rather skeptical.

Matt, if you believe the Libertarian viewpoint that all employment relationships are contractual and therefore voluntary, then you should recognize the social contract that everyone here in this country has with the government and our laws. So, even if you are hauled off to jail after being tried and convicted for forgery, for example, you agreed by living here as a citizen, to abide by the laws and justice system that sent you to prison.

Therefore, calling a publicly insured healthcare system, forced upon the people, just doesn't hold up to logic.

Yes, it is a bit of a Catch 22.

I think that is his plan, or that of the libertarian. Perhaps a dose of dead man might fix these airy fairy notions as to how wonderful a place we get to live in without some oversight.

Strangely, people do go into health care, not because they want to get rich, but because they want to help people. Odd that...

The right to be healthy is not illusory, it's self-fulfilling.

Why stop at healthcare?

I'm sure prostitutes go into business because of a selfless devotion to help others, too. But, a ho gotta eat.

21FUNNY.gif

The real thing is though, there is no perfect solution to human organisation. All one can hope for is to provide a system of organisation that is reasonably fair to most of the people most of the time...at least that's my current conclusion.

The right to be healthy is not illusory, it's self-fulfilling.

Why stop at healthcare?

I'm sure prostitutes go into business because of a selfless devotion to help others, too. But, a ho gotta eat.

How is being healthy self fulfilling? We are not all born with equal health.

Health Care = "Basic" Human Right and why the richest nation on Earth cannot provide this for their own citizens just boggles the mind. I'm sure the majority of doctors and nurses take this stance.

K1 Visa Timeline
15th Dec 08 - I129F posted to VSC
1st June 09 - Interview at 9am, Medical at 2:50pm
15th June 09 - K1 Visa approved and received
23rd June 09 - Point of Entry (Atlanta, Georgia)
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline
25th Aug 09 - AOS + EAD + AP posted to Chicago Lockbox
2nd Oct 09 - EAD + AP Approved
22nd Oct 09 - AOS Approved
30th Oct 09 - Green Card in hand!

Removing Conditions Timeline
29th Sept 11 - I-751 posted to VSC
26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

20th Feb 15 - N-400 posted to Lewisville Lockbox

15th June 15 - Interview

1st July 15 - Oath Ceremony

NOW A US CITIZEN!

Most prostitutes become so because they perceive that they have no other option. There are a few who do so because it's something they 'want' to do, but that is the minority. Not sure why you brought them into the picture though, perhaps because of the whips?

Why not stop at health care? It's reasonable to want to level that particular playing field because one's ability to function is rather dependent on being healthy.

Steven, you must see that this "America: take it or leave it" mentality is no different than when the Conservatives were saying it in justification of Bush policies.

It was ridiculous then; as it is now.

Plus, citizens aren't under contractual subservience to submit to their government's decree's. It should be the other way around, my friend. ;)

21FUNNY.gif

I may be reading this wrongly, but you seem to be suggesting that everyone is born with an equal ability to attain perfect (for humans) health and that one's choices in life determine this. Obviously there are a few things one can influence but sadly there are a great many more one simply can not.