SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part15)

6,679 posts in this topic

I haven't posted on here in ages (my bad) but was part of the original thread that started about 4 years ago. I just wanted to share that there is hope that the visa journey can eventually come to an end.

This past Friday, 4 years and 4 days since my husband arrived in the US on his K-1 Visa, he was naturalized as a US Citizen. We are very excited and are happy to put the "journey" behind us. God bless everyone of you and your families and as always, let me know if you have any questions, I am always happy to help in any way that I can.

Take Care,

Doodle

congrats!! there is actually an oath ceremony?

Yes, finesse, when I did mine back in 1991 it was more formal people were dressed up they gave you flags and flowers, but they don't do that anymore. The last oath cerermony I went to everyone was hurded into a room in front of a tv to watch the "villiage ediat" do a speech then you stand, face the flag say the anthem and some other things all at once sign some papers and you're done.

LMAO @ "villiage ediat"

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I haven't posted on here in ages (my bad) but was part of the original thread that started about 4 years ago. I just wanted to share that there is hope that the visa journey can eventually come to an end.

This past Friday, 4 years and 4 days since my husband arrived in the US on his K-1 Visa, he was naturalized as a US Citizen. We are very excited and are happy to put the "journey" behind us. God bless everyone of you and your families and as always, let me know if you have any questions, I am always happy to help in any way that I can.

Take Care,

Doodle

Yes, finesse, when I did mine back in 1991 it was more formal people were dressed up they gave you flags and flowers, but they don't do that anymore. The last oath cerermony I went to everyone was hurded into a room in front of a tv to watch the "villiage ediat" do a speech then you stand, face the flag say the anthem and some other things all at once sign some papers and you're done.

nobody no invited but u up yah so...mi modda did affi tan out a door..mi do mine bout 10 or 11yrs now....

Congrats, Doodle.

Tre.....ha ha "village idiot"!

Dillon...(Kelly taps foot and looks at her watch)

soo to my surprise there were people at my house ready to party. We had a few mixed drinks, beer whatever. They had made me a nice cake that looked like a torso of a man with a twinkie sticking out......was delish let me tell you.

:lol: and ?

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello all VJ Yardies Members...old and new!! -Gill

Hey Mrs. Kimmy,

You requested it...so I will post it!

AFR: All Fruits Ripe

AHDM- A Hot Dyam Mess

AO: Alms Ouse

BC: Box Cover

BOT = Back On Top

BIB - Baggy Ina Bungle

BOABDL - buss out one big dutty laff

BOAL - Buss Out A Laff

BOWLAFDOOMB - Bowed Ova Wid Laff An Fawl Dung Out Of Mi Bed

BYBAL - Ban Yuh Belly An Laff

CAS= Crack a smile

DWL - Dead Wid Laff

DWLTMPUMS - similar to bloz own cept til mi peepee up mi self

DWLAPUMS = Dead Wid Laff And Peepee Up Mi Self

FR - Fe Real

GDAB - Go Dead a Bush

KMN: Kiss Mi Neckback

KYAWO -Kut Yeye and Wheel Out

LMBBO-Laughing My Big Battty Off

LIH = Lick innu Head

LM - Likkle Mo

MAK: Mi A Kinpupalick

MT: Mo Time

MPD - mad people dem

MYODB - mine yuh own dyamn binezz

NR - Nuff Respect

ROTFWL rolling on the floor with laff.

XA: X Amount

Oh...han Mrs. Legz yuh is AHDM!! :lol: but mi love yuh same weh! ;):P

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

While at my house the girls and one guy...came up with a list of pictures that I had to take that night while out on the town. Of course they were pictures with different types of men. Pudgy, athletic, ripped abs, red hair, dreads, innie belly button, boxers, sexy feet, the most broke....the list goes on.

So when we pull up to the club right away I get my picture taken with the most broke..some guy handing out fliers. I felt like I was in Jamaica due to his comment that he wants me to pay him to get my picture taken with him. I was like #######!

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Congrats, Doodle.

soo to my surprise there were people at my house ready to party. We had a few mixed drinks, beer whatever. They had made me a nice cake that looked like a torso of a man with a twinkie sticking out......was delish let me tell you.

Dillon

smiley-laughing011.gif

Where is the pic

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline
Congrats, Doodle.

Dillon

smiley-laughing011.gif

Where is the pic

I wish I had them but they are on my friends camera and she hasn't sent me the pictures yet. You guys would be DWL if you saw these pictures! By the end of the night I was looking a hot mess.

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline
While at my house the girls and one guy...came up with a list of pictures that I had to take that night while out on the town. Of course they were pictures with different types of men. Pudgy, athletic, ripped abs, red hair, dreads, innie belly button, boxers, sexy feet, the most broke....the list goes on.

So when we pull up to the club right away I get my picture taken with the most broke..some guy handing out fliers. I felt like I was in Jamaica due to his comment that he wants me to pay him to get my picture taken with him. I was like #######!

BOABDL....!!!! :rofl:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Timeline

Kimmy, sometimes they do them on the lawn near the washington monument in DC...my was very formal you had to dress up there had to be about 200 or more people there and they read everyone's name. I don't know how it is now, but if you wanted to change your name you can do it at the oath ceremony, then follow up with paperwork with SSN...after all the names were read out then you took the oath.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Take Care,

Doodle

ha..this immigration ting is so funny to me

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Take Care,

Doodle

What a Blessing!!

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Timeline

And by then I had had a few to drink so you know I didn't hold anything back with what I had to say. But I got the picture and continued on.

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Congrats, Doodle.

JG...lol, I saw a bumper sticker like that when I was in St. Louis in 2007, I saw it on so many cars there I remembered what it said, "Texas, lost its village ediat" -- they had several versions

Several versions cause they lost more then one idiot, Tre!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Hello all VJ Yardies Members...old and new!! -Gill

Hey Mrs. Kimmy,

You requested it...so I will post it!

AFR: All Fruits Ripe

AHDM- A Hot Dyam Mess

AO: Alms Ouse

BC: Box Cover

BOT = Back On Top

BIB - Baggy Ina Bungle

BOABDL - buss out one big dutty laff

BOAL - Buss Out A Laff

BOWLAFDOOMB - Bowed Ova Wid Laff An Fawl Dung Out Of Mi Bed

BYBAL - Ban Yuh Belly An Laff

CAS= Crack a smile

DWL - Dead Wid Laff

DWLTMPUMS - similar to bloz own cept til mi peepee up mi self

DWLAPUMS = Dead Wid Laff And Peepee Up Mi Self

FR - Fe Real

GDAB - Go Dead a Bush

KMN: Kiss Mi Neckback

KYAWO -Kut Yeye and Wheel Out

LMBBO-Laughing My Big Battty Off

LIH = Lick innu Head

LM - Likkle Mo

MAK: Mi A Kinpupalick

MT: Mo Time

MPD - mad people dem

MYODB - mine yuh own dyamn binezz

NR - Nuff Respect

ROTFWL rolling on the floor with laff.

XA: X Amount

Oh...han Mrs. Legz yuh is AHDM!! :lol: but mi love yuh same weh! ;):P

wouldnt have it any odda way

Filed: Timeline

And by then I had had a few to drink so you know I didn't hold anything back with what I had to say. But I got the picture and continued on.

wait deh...mi miss one party...weh mi obeah watah deh...you're in St. Louis, right?

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.