Misty1979

Let's pretend I wanted to create a poll...

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I tried making a poll just now, and after three tries, I give up!!! I've been here for like 2 years now, and still haven't figured this poll business out...how sad is that..lol.

Anyone who knows how, please fill a girl in :angry:

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Timeline

Well here's what I do know so far:

1.) Go to "New Topic."

2.) Click on "Click here to manage this topic's poll" located next to "Poll Options." (If I go wrong somewhere, someone please correct me, as I'm just stating how I *think* you're supposed to create a poll ;)

3.) Enter a poll title.

4.) Type in all your Poll info...for my particular poll, I wasn't going to make any of the questions multiple choice, just a kind of free discussion, so in that case...enter something in each line for all three questions.

I guess that's where I'm getting lost. I have all the info in that I want, but don't know how to "submit" the poll. As well, I'm not sure whether or not I should be entering a "Topic Title" like you would for any regular post?

I've been clicking on "close poll" to try to submit it, but apparently that's not the right thing to be clicking.

So, as long as I do have all the above steps correct, I just need to know how to submit the poll. and whether or not to put something in the "Topic Title" caption.

Thanks again for your help!

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

1.) Go to "New Topic."

2.) Click on "Click here to manage this topic's poll" located next to "Poll Options." (If I go wrong somewhere, someone please correct me, as I'm just stating how I *think* you're supposed to create a poll ;)

3.) Enter a poll title.

4.) Type in all your Poll info...for my particular poll, I wasn't going to make any of the questions multiple choice, just a kind of free discussion, so in that case...enter something in each line for all three questions.

I guess that's where I'm getting lost. I have all the info in that I want, but don't know how to "submit" the poll. As well, I'm not sure whether or not I should be entering a "Topic Title" like you would for any regular post?

I've been clicking on "close poll" to try to submit it, but apparently that's not the right thing to be clicking.

So, as long as I do have all the above steps correct, I just need to know how to submit the poll. and whether or not to put something in the "Topic Title" caption.

You're on the right track.

I don't know what you mean by "free discussion". Polls on VJ have to have discrete choices for the answers. You can make them single choice answers (radio buttons) or multiple choices (checkboxes). You can only list 3 questions, but each question can have many answers (I think a dozen).

To submit your poll, you just "Add reply" same as you would for an ordinary post.

Timeline

1.) Go to "New Topic."

3.) Enter a poll title.

As us mentioned above, sounds like you have all of it right.

Yes, enter a Topic Title - this is the regular title that will appear in the topics list on the main page - Do put text in the message box - even EOM (end of message) or - discuss - or whatever - then just click on Post new topic at the bottom, as you normally would.

Edited by trailmix

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.