Chocolot

N-400 June 2009

798 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Does my wife need my original birth certificate for her N-400 Interview? I will give her my passport and social security card. Any experiences?What else should I include on my part? Thanks

I don't think she needs it unless there's any error of birth date or names to correct. I guess the most important are GCard, Passport and Driver License. My IO requested me to put those on the table while doing the interview.

Edited by WishAllGood

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

KamranAshraf1,

Congrats on your IL.

I noticed that the period of time b/w the biometrics and the interview is a little longer than average in your case as it is in my case.

Do not you think there are some subjective factors/criteria immigration officers employ when it comes to certain people? It is annoying if you ask me...

I am now a US citizen.

t1283610_made-in-china-american-flag.jpg

pride_logo_275px.jpg

Does my wife need my original birth certificate for her N-400 Interview? I will give her my passport and social security card. Any experiences?What else should I include on my part? Thanks

I don't think she needs it unless there's any error of birth date or names to correct. I guess the most important are GCard, Passport and Driver License. My IO requested me to put those on the table while doing the interview.

I took my husband's BC and passport, the IO briefly looked at both - but I don't think he actually needed the BC... Your DL might be another useful thing if you can be without it for that time...

Good luck - I'm sure everything will be great (F)

@KikiDoug - Congratulations again :dance:

@Leo_Boca_Raton - wow USCIS calls and its to your benefit :P Congrats for the earlier interview date!!

@KamranAshraf1 - finally that IL turned up!! Good luck!!

Best of luck and good wishes to Kashif, Jess1 and Onion for tomorrow :)(F)

Edited by wannabe_texan

AOS: ND - June 5 2006 | RFE - June 15 2006 | FP Notice - June 30 (Rescheduled to Sept 16) | AP ND - August 14 2006| Walk-in FP - Sept 5 (FP cleared next day!) | Interview - Sept 8 2006 (Approved!) | Welcome Letter - Sept 13 | EAD received - Sept 19 (kinda moot since I'm waiting for GC) | GC received - Sept 23 2006 - Woohoo!!

I-751: 06/10/08 Mailed package to VSC direct (per memo instructions) not TSC. The wait begins... | 06/11/08 Package received at VSC (12.12pm) | 06/19/08 Check cashed | 06/20/08 Received NOA1 in the mail - ND is 06/17/08 | 07/10/08 Received Biometrics Appt Letter - ND is 7/7/08 | 07/22/08 Biometrics (had to do ink & paper also...) | 07/22/08 Touched | 07/23/08 Touched | 02/11/09 Transferred to CSC (got email)... | 02/12/09 Touched | 02/20/09 Touched (but no email) | 03/24/09 Approval letter arrives in the mail! Approval date is 3/18/09 from VSC | 04/03/09 Received card, postmarked 3/31 from CSC

N-400: 06/11/09 Mailed to Lewisville Lockbox | 06/12/09 Package received at Lockbox and signed for at 1.31pm | 06/18/09 Check Cashed | 06/19/09 NOA, PD 06/12/09 | 07/06/09 Biometrics letter received, ND is 07/02/09 | 07/24/09 Biometrics appointment | 08/06/09 IL received, ND 08/03/09 | Interview 09/14/09 at 9.30am (approved!) | Oath 10/21/09 | USC

I filed my N-400 back in January. Had my fingerprints taken in February, but no progress since then. I had been trying to call USCIS to put in a request to research my case for a while now. USCIS didn't take my request because my case was no more than 2 months delayed compared to the posted "normal" timelines.

Well finally they took the request last week, and here's the response.

"Your fingerprints from your first Biometrics appointment came back as unclassifiable; therefore you will need to retake them."

I have no special urgency to become a US citizen, but this is a little frustrating. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could've done or should do going forward to make it go faster/smoother?

thanks.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline
I filed my N-400 back in January. Had my fingerprints taken in February, but no progress since then. I had been trying to call USCIS to put in a request to research my case for a while now. USCIS didn't take my request because my case was no more than 2 months delayed compared to the posted "normal" timelines.

"Your fingerprints from your first Biometrics appointment came back as unclassifiable; therefore you will need to retake them."

I have no special urgency to become a US citizen, but this is a little frustrating. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could've done or should do going forward to make it go faster/smoother?

thanks.

I would just go to the district office right away without appointment and have my fingerprints taken. Of course I would tell them why the first set was not 'acceptable'.

I am now a US citizen.

t1283610_made-in-china-american-flag.jpg

pride_logo_275px.jpg

Filed: Timeline

thanks.

Ugh! I had this problem ages ago when I was trying to get my 2-yr GC. In the end, I had to obtain police reports of good conduct from all the areas I had lived to show I had no police record/arrests, etc.

I would phone up the USCIS and ask what to do. Maybe you can make an infopass appointment with your local office and retake them. Then if they are acceptable, your case can proceed.

Kiki :star:

I took BOTH my own and my husband's birth certificates with me just in case, as I have read cases of other people being asked for them. In the end I never needed them...

Kiki :star:

Timeline

I still don't get my oath letter. I started wondering if I am going to make it on 9/25 for oath as the IO told me.

She called me last Thursday to confirm with me my name (explained that I can't change my names) and said I am able to have the oath on September.

But there is still no oath letter. :huh: Though it's only one week more after my interview date but I really hope I can accomplish this naturalization this month.

I wonder if Treyu has any news or not.

Edited by WishAllGood

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
KamranAshraf1,

Congrats on your IL.

I noticed that the period of time b/w the biometrics and the interview is a little longer than average in your case as it is in my case.

Do not you think there are some subjective factors/criteria immigration officers employ when it comes to certain people? It is annoying if you ask me...

I certainly do think the same. It is very annoying the way immigration officers treat certain people. It looks like that they have different set of laws for those people. What do you think why is that? Why people from certain countries have to wait longer then others? Is it some thing to do with there name, race, or religion?

Citizenship Journey

Service Center :Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :New York City NY

Date Filed :2009-06-05

NOA Date :2009-07-11

Bio. Appt. :2009-07-28

Interview Date :2009-11-02

Approved : Yes

Oath Ceremony : 2009-11-12

Timeline
Thank you wannabe_texan! :star:

@Leo_Boca_Raton - great news for your new date! :thumbs:

@KamranAshraf1 - Excellent! Good luck! :star:

Good luck to Kashif, Jess1 and Onion for tomorrow :)(F)

Thank you wanabe_texan and Kikidoug. Good luck :thumbs:

Citizenship Journey

Service Center :Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :New York City NY

Date Filed :2009-06-05

NOA Date :2009-07-11

Bio. Appt. :2009-07-28

Interview Date :2009-11-02

Approved : Yes

Oath Ceremony : 2009-11-12

Thanks wanabe_texan and Kikidoug....Good to see that everyone has progressed well with their applications.

My interview experience was great and I am approved for naturalization. I was there 25 mins ahead of the scheduled time but surprisingly I was called in 5 minutes earlier than that. It was quite the same experience that I have been reading about on this forum. The IO went over the N400 application after the oath. oh and she took my ID , passport and green card as well. After that she asked 6 test questions, I got all right and passed the test. She was in good mood and did not want to spend too much time on the verification of the supporting documents. She asked me if I have other documents with me that I want to share,I said I have the originals if she wants to take a look on them but she seemed fine with that. It was pretty quick n took about 15 minutes. Oath ceremony is on September 30th. Well thats about it. I am happy , I am glad n I am over the moon :lol:

It has been a nice and quick journey. :) thanks everyone for all the support.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

N400

Date Filed : June 9, 2009

NOA Date : June 18, 2009

Bio. Appt. : July 22, 2009

Interview : Sept 22, 2009 *Approved*

Oath : Sept 30, 2009

Applied Passport : Sept 30. 2009

Received passport: Oct 07, 2009

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Congratulations!!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Naturalization:

June 6, 2009 - mailed N-400

June 8, 2009 - delivered to the Lockbox at 2:47 PM

June 11, 2009 - check cashed

June 15, 2009 - received NOA1 (June 10th - NOA1 date)

June 22, 2009 - received biometrics letter

July 10, 2009 - Biometrics

July 27, 2009 - Interview Letter received

September 16, 2009 - Interview @ 1:40 PM (Approved!)

September 26, 2009 - Oath Letter received

October 14, 2009 - Oath Ceremony @ 11:00 AM

I am a U.S. Citizen!

October 23, 2009 - applied for US passport

October 29, 2009 - US Passport received

November 6, 2009 - updated SSN

Timeline
Thanks wanabe_texan and Kikidoug....Good to see that everyone has progressed well with their applications.

My interview experience was great and I am approved for naturalization.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Congratulation ....

06/08/09 mailed N-400 by Over night mail

06/09/09 Application received

06/09/09 Priority date

06/11/09 NOA1

06/12/09 Check Cashed

07/07/09 Biometric Scheduled

06/23/09 Biometric Done **Walk in**

08/03/09 Interview Letter

09/22/09 Interview Date *** Passed

09/22/09 Letter of Oath

09/29/09 Date of Oath *** Proud US Citizen as of 3:40 PM ***

10/01/09 Applied for Passport Expedite

++++ Application #2 (Spouse)+++++++++++++++++

Sent- Sep 23, 2009 (Lock Box AZ)

Received- Sep 24, 2009

check cashed - Oct 30,2009

1st NOA- Sep 29, 2009 (Received on Oct 3)

PD Date- Sep 28, 2009

FP notice - Sep 12, 2009

FP- Scheduled Sep 27, 2009

FP Done - Nov 2, 2009 ( Requested to reschedule on Sep 14th)

LUD - Nov 9, 2009 ( On line case status Changed - Sent to Local DO for interview Scheduling)

IL- Received Nov 16,2009

ID- Dec 16, 2009

OD-

PP-

Timeline

Congratulations, Jessi1! It's good that you passed and know the oath date. I so envy that.

I don't know why San Jose DO can't confirm with the oath date right after the interview. This turn out to be another waiting and waiting... I don't know why they have to check for so many times.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.