4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi all,

As I mention yesterday the DFA told my wife she had to do her CFO seminar first before they will issue her passport, this means she will now have to make 3 round trips (car and plane) from Bislig to Manila which is very hard and long travel; not to mention the expense about 800. 00 us dollars, or more, counting food and hotel per trip.

Is there anyway I can schedule her medical exam sooner, before the NVC sets an appointment, so that she can go to Manila to do her med exam and CFO during the same trip? That way she will only have one more trip to Manila for interview. 2 trips would be much more managablre and afordable then 3 round trips.

My case was just recieved this week at the USCIS service center, so any way I can schedule the med exam with ST. Lukes anytime soon? Or any other iadeas would be apprecaited.

I spent a lot of money getting married in the philippines recenly and my dog just had surgery for 1000 dollars and all of the additional visa expense, 3 round trips to Manila is really a bit much. I don't know why they would not work with you to help with scheduling to reduce the trips to Manila.

Thanks much

Steve

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Hi all,

As I mention yesterday the DFA told my wife she had to do her CFO seminar first before they will issue her passport, this means she will now have to make 3 round trips (car and plane) from Bislig to Manila which is very hard and long travel; not to mention the expense about 800. 00 us dollars, or more, counting food and hotel per trip.

Is there anyway I can schedule her medical exam sooner, before the NVC sets an appointment, so that she can go to Manila to do her med exam and CFO during the same trip? That way she will only have one more trip to Manila for interview. 2 trips would be much more managablre and afordable then 3 round trips.

My case was just recieved this week at the USCIS service center, so any way I can schedule the med exam with ST. Lukes anytime soon? Or any other iadeas would be apprecaited.

I spent a lot of money getting married in the philippines recenly and my dog just had surgery for 1000 dollars and all of the additional visa expense, 3 round trips to Manila is really a bit much. I don't know why they would not work with you to help with scheduling to reduce the trips to Manila.

Thanks much

Steve

I doubt you can get a Medical exam done without interview letter. Of all the medical reports I read of Philippines, they all needed to show their interview letter to the Guard at St. Lukes before they were allowed to enter inside.

You might want to ask the same question at Philippines regional forum to clarify and see if anyone else got through the Medical without having an interview letter.

Per Republic Act 8239 and Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) Order 28-94, Filipinos proceeding abroad as fiancé(e)s and spouses of foreign nationals are required to attend the CFO's guidance and counseling programs as a pre-requisite to the issuance of passports.

The objective of this program is to help Filipino fiancé(e)s and spouses of foreign nationals make informed decisions regarding their marriage to foreign nationals and to prepare them for their adjustments in cross-cultural marriages.

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/fs_manila.htm

Counseling Requirements for Filipino Spouses and Other Partners of Foreign Nationals

Two (2) valid identification cards (IDs) with photograph;

Duly completed guidance and counseling form;

If married, certified true copy and photocopy of marriage contract on security paper from the National Statistics Office (NSO), or Local Civil Registry Offices (LCRO); or original and photocopy of marriage contract duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/Consulate (if married abroad)

Other documents as may be required by the counselors; and

Payment of P250.00 counseling fee.

Registration Requirements for Filipino Spouses and Other Partners of Foreign Nationals

Original Passport;

Original and photocopy of visa;

Original and photocopy of Immigrant Data Summary for US bound/Confirmation of Permanent Residence for Canada bound/ Embassy Certification of Eligibility (for Spain bound C visa holders);

Original CFO guidance and counseling certificate;

Duly completed emigrant registration form; and

Payment of the authorized registration fee.

St. Luke's used to accept NOA2 letter for an early medical. Not sure if they are still doing this, but your wife can ask and call SLEC, so she can use her time to do the medical and CFO seminar in one trip. Make sure she brings the necessary documents so she does not have to go back to CFO.

And regarding the passport, especially for those married to foreigners and would like to use their "married name", then DFA would need the CFO Certificate of Guidance and Counselling (Yellow certificate) before DFA can issue a passport. But some can get away without this, one example is when the "married name" doesn't sound foreign and the "applicant" would not divulge that she is being petitioned but only applying for a passport for tourist/travel purposes.

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I'm sorry to hear about your problems. Just remember that a medical exam has an expiry date. Make sure it is still valid for the estimated time of the interview.

I live in Thailand. No need for interview letter here.

--------------

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.