bayou

Evidence we have for I 751, Is it Enough?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

We are getting ready to file fo removing conditions this week. Here is list of items we have so far. Please let us know if there is something else that could be included that we might have missed.

Marriage license

Diver licenses

2 car titles on both our names

Car insurance

Joint Taxes for 2006-2007-2008

Statements for 2 joint checking accounts

Staments for 2 joint saving accounts

3 Joint credit cards and statements

My IRA showing my wife as beneficiary(I am self employed, no 401 k)

Life insurance with my wife as beneficiary, family accident insurance from AAA

Joint Dental Insurance

Cell phone contract and bills, Comcast bill on my name

AAA cards

Costco and BJ's cards

A few magazine subscriptions, some with both our names.

Zoo membership, we have some pictures, not sure if we will send some or not.

Could get a couple of affidavits from family and friends, not sure if we need them.

Thanks in advance.

... we have some pictures, not sure if we will send some or not.

Could get a couple of affidavits from family and friends, not sure if we need them.

Thanks in advance.

It would be better if you will send at least 2 affidavits from friends or family and also send some pictures so they will see that you have a happy realtionship. Also, if you have some cards (Christmas, Valentine's, Birthday cards) that you have sent to each other and from friends/families sent to both of you showing your names & address on the envelop, these would also be a good idea. Good Luck.

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

It looks good to me. I didn't send any pictures with my application or cards etc (nor did I with my AOS application), but maybe that is a good idea. I do/did have some in my immigration folder, if anyone cares to see me. I just think pictures and cards could be easily faked, so probably don't have the same importance as hard financial ties.

2001 Met

2005 Married

I-485/I-130

12/06/2006-------Mailed I-130/1-485

12/16/2006--------Recieved NOA 1 (I-130 & I-485)

12/18/2006--------Touched I-130/I-485

01/20/2007--------Biometrics

05/10/2007 -- Interview, Approved!

05/22/2007 GREEN CARD arrives!!!

02/2009 - File to lift conditions

I-765

12/14/2006--- Mailed EAD App.

01/20/2007--- Biometrics

02/09/2005-------Sent in request to Congressional office for assistance with expediting EAD.

02/13/2007 -------- EAD Approved!

02/26/2007 - ------EAD received

Removal of Conditions:

05/12/2009 -- Overnighted application by USPS express mail (VSC).

05/14/2009 -- Green Card expired.

05/23/2009 --- Check cleared bank.

05/26/2009 -- Received NOA (NOA date May 15, 2009, guess they aren't deporting me).

05/29/2009- Biometrics Notice date

06/01/2009- Received Biometrics Letter

06/18/2009 - Biometrics

09/23/2009 - date of decision to approve (letter received), just waiting for card. No online updates whatsoever.

Marriage license

Statements for 2 joint checking accounts

Staments for 2 joint saving accounts

3 Joint credit cards and statements

Cell phone contract and bills, Comcast bill on my name

A few magazine subscriptions, some with both our names.

Zoo membership, we have some pictures, not sure if we will send some or not.

Just a note on some of the things you included ...

• I don't think it's necessary at this point to send the marriage license, but many do so send it if it feels right to you.
  • The statements for the chequing, savings and credit card accounts should span the term of your relationship from the point of receiving the GC till now. Most people just do between 2 - 4 statements a year from each account.
  • If you have joint bills, I would not worry about sending bills in one person's name only. If you don't and are sending bills to show proof of same residence, then I would highlight the address and make sure the dates match and say why you are sending them (i.e. ....bills showing us as living at the same address)
  • Same with the magazine subscriptions.
  • You have good evidence, I wouldn't worry too much about photos unless they can be date verified. For instance, I sent in a magazine page with the date printed on the bottom that had a picture of David and I in it (it was his school magazine and the photo was taken at his graduation). Because you are sending in your (joint?) zoo memberships though, then it certainly couldn't hurt sending a zoo photo along as it proves that you actually use the memberships.
  • If you choose to get the affidavits, then make sure they are notarized.

Hope this helps.

Mo

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You are good to go - only thing different that I did was to send three Bank statements/Credit card statements and Utility bills - one recent, one a year old and one about 2 years old - to show continuity. I did not send any affidavits (useless I think) but did send a photobook (it had 12 pages). Overall, I believe your package looks pretty good to me! Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: Timeline

Hi guys. Thanks so much for all the very good ideas. How many pictures do you think would do. We took a lot of pictures to the first interview and to our surprise the IO looked at everyone of them, analized and dissected many of them asking questions like, who is this person? Why are them with you? What were you doing? Where do they live? Stuff like that, So based on our experience pictures do add a lot of weight to this process, and for sure we will send some, not sure about how many, we are thinking that just 6 to 8 pictures might be enough, including a couple of recent ones, just to show continuity. Please keep replying. Ray

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
It looks good to me. I didn't send any pictures with my application or cards etc (nor did I with my AOS application), but maybe that is a good idea. I do/did have some in my immigration folder, if anyone cares to see me. I just think pictures and cards could be easily faked, so probably don't have the same importance as hard financial ties.

I don't know what to send. My husband was gone for a year to Iraq and this was almost immediately after I was approved for AOS. Now for filing the removal of conditions, I'm just kinda lost because we showed them bills with both of our names, joint bank accounts, etc. when we went for our AOS interview. I read that you don't have to send evidence all over again that you already showed during your AOS interview ... so I'm lost.

Right now I have our new lease - we moved to Alabama last month since my husband lost his job. The lease is in both of our names. Before we moved here, we had a house but I was not on the mortgage because he bought the house before I came to the US.

Anyhow, so I have:

New lease contract

Birth certificate for our daughter born April 4, 2008 (I got here March 6, 2007)

Photo copy of my sonogram of baby #2 on the way (believe it or not, I am sending it in LOL) ... it includes my full name, date, etc. so I can prove I am pregnant. It shows my due date for Nov 21, 2009

Picture of us from March 2008 when I was 9 months pregnant and my husband came home from Iraq for 2 weeks for birth of the baby

Income tax return

Durable power of attorney for health care making me his "agent"in the event that he can't communicate a decision regarding medical treatment, hospitalization, health care, etc.

Last will and testament declaring me as his beneficiary

Copy of his military orders to prove he was gone an entire year

Copy of vehicle insurance in both our names

copy of car registration in both our names (can't find title)

Copy of health insurance cards for me and my kids (Bluecross Blueshield)

Copy of military ID card which lists his name as my sponsor

Copy of joint bank account #1

Copy of joint bank account #2

Department of Defense Military Family Worksheet - lists me as his spouse

Military Tricare Medical Insurance Enrollment Form - shows him as sponsor and me as his spouse

Anyway, what else? lol

036.jpg

Timeline:

*Met in Tanzfleck, Germany October 24, 2003 - Continued dating until he got out of the ARMY in Nov. 2005. Continued LD relationship.

*Came to visit me in Germany for New Years 2006

*Filed for K1 Visa on 4/4/06

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*I-129F NOA2 Approved - 9/14/06

*Came to see me Thanksgiving week in Nov. 2006

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*K1 Visa received - 2/11/07

*Date of US Entry (POE Chicago)- 3/5/07

*Wedding/Marriage - 3/17/07

AOS (My case was expedited due to husband going to Iraq):

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*Found out in the beginning of June that husband is going to Iraq

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Made Infopass appointment to get case expedited due to deployment (Infopass appt 6/12/07)

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

*Interview date - 7/11/07

*I-485 Aprroval date- 7/11/07

*Green Card Received- 7/19/07

Removal of Conditions:

*Filed petition to remove conditions on 6/9/09

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Biometrics Appt. in Birmingham - 8/6/09

*Lifting of Conditions Approval Date - 10/22/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Had our daughter on 4/4/08 and have another baby due 11/19/09!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.