B&S

I134 or I 864 for Cairo on K3 visa

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I have been reading about this for a long while today. Let me make sure I got this right. When I get the packet 3 from Cairo they will want the I 134? When we get to USA and AOS they will want the I 864? And this is for K3 visa. So since he is coming on a K visa then he is going to have to have another review to become legal. Since the K visa is not permant then we take the I-134?

yes, your correct.

(however, each embassy can ask for different things, you may want to check with their website)

Edited by Bobby_Umit

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: Other Country: Guinea
Timeline

If u fill out the the I-864 with the K3 u dont have to fill it out again with the AOS if u use the I-134 u have to do it again with the I-864.

I have been reading about this for a long while today. Let me make sure I got this right. When I get the packet 3 from Cairo they will want the I 134? When we get to USA and AOS they will want the I 864? And this is for K3 visa. So since he is coming on a K visa then he is going to have to have another review to become legal. Since the K visa is not permant then we take the I-134?

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband's packet 3 for the K-1 Visa asked for an I 134 to be submitted. When we filed for the AOS we were required to submit an I 864. As I understand it there is little difference between a K3 and K1 visa process and also very little difference in the AOS phase as well.

Just send what is requested. If they ask for something, send it. If the don't, don't. Why complicate things? And by all means do not use the version of the forms that they send with Packet #3, they are outdated and have old information on them. Go to the USCIS website and download the latest version of the SPECIFIC FORM REQUESTED in Packet #3 from the Embassy in Cairo.

Filed: Other Country: Guinea
Timeline

I advice u to call INS cose if u fill out the I-864 now will be better they are going to attach it to the AOS, I have a friend working at INS as an Officer and she advice me this.

My husband's packet 3 for the K-1 Visa asked for an I 134 to be submitted. When we filed for the AOS we were required to submit an I 864. As I understand it there is little difference between a K3 and K1 visa process and also very little difference in the AOS phase as well.

Just send what is requested. If they ask for something, send it. If the don't, don't. Why complicate things? And by all means do not use the version of the forms that they send with Packet #3, they are outdated and have old information on them. Go to the USCIS website and download the latest version of the SPECIFIC FORM REQUESTED in Packet #3 from the Embassy in Cairo.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I advice u to call INS cose if u fill out the I-864 now will be better they are going to attach it to the AOS, I have a friend working at INS as an Officer and she advice me this.

Trust me making things complicated is what I want to avoid. The reason I am now worried is I had my sister going to co sponsor my husband. She agreed to it and kept the paper and I came back to be with my husband. If then I would have known she was going to back out I could have kept my job and used assets to cover. Now I used my assets to come stay here for 6 months and my sisters husband said he dont want to be responable for my husband, he dont know him. I rather have the I134 right now considering by law it is not making no one legally binded, and when we get to the states I will work and then do the I864 myself since no one I know back home can be trusted. Little far in the game I think to back out, I am pretty worried about it, my step sister makes 200 less than what is required and gets child support but that only started this year. So I dont think she can count it as last years. I could give her the money to open up a savings account of 5 times the amount even more, but I dont know how well that would look to CO.I could see me losing my life over 200 dollars would not suprise me one bit.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.