csoul

Question about address used by USCIS in I-751 NOAs. Old or new in AR-11?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hello guys

About a month ago I received the letter that some of you already received to remember to remove conditions. Also as some of you reported that letter was received in the old address. I change my address with the AR-11 about one year ago and looks like USCIS just ignored that AR-11.

Obviously I used the new and actual address in the I-751 form that I sent some days ago but I need to know what do you think about the address that USCIS is going to use for the NOAs of my I-751 case?? The new reported in the AR-11 and the I-751 form or the old one used by them in to remember me to remove conditions and the one that looks like is in the system for my file???

I need to know this to go frecuently to the old address to ask if they have any mail for me. (I know the guys living there but is about 40 miles from our new home so will be awesome if USCIS start using the new and actual address).

Thank you!!!

Edited by csoul

05/25/10 - N-400 package delivered in Phoenix, AZ

06/04/10 - Check cashed

06/10/10 - NOA received

06/16/10 - Case available online

06/17/10 - Case online showing RFE (Biometrics notice) sent on 06/16/10

06/21/10 - Biometrics Letter Received

07/08/10 - Biometrics appointment

07/07/10 - Walk in Biometrics

08/06/10 - Email / Text for for new case status: "Test and Interview"

08/09/10 - Interview Appointment letter received for 09/13/10

09/13/10 - Interview Approved!

09/13/10 - Same Day Ceremony! I am a US Citizen!

If you used your new address on the latest application, then mail from USCIS should go to the new address. The reminder letter may be sent as part of your old application and thus go to the old address.

2001 Met

2005 Married

I-485/I-130

12/06/2006-------Mailed I-130/1-485

12/16/2006--------Recieved NOA 1 (I-130 & I-485)

12/18/2006--------Touched I-130/I-485

01/20/2007--------Biometrics

05/10/2007 -- Interview, Approved!

05/22/2007 GREEN CARD arrives!!!

02/2009 - File to lift conditions

I-765

12/14/2006--- Mailed EAD App.

01/20/2007--- Biometrics

02/09/2005-------Sent in request to Congressional office for assistance with expediting EAD.

02/13/2007 -------- EAD Approved!

02/26/2007 - ------EAD received

Removal of Conditions:

05/12/2009 -- Overnighted application by USPS express mail (VSC).

05/14/2009 -- Green Card expired.

05/23/2009 --- Check cleared bank.

05/26/2009 -- Received NOA (NOA date May 15, 2009, guess they aren't deporting me).

05/29/2009- Biometrics Notice date

06/01/2009- Received Biometrics Letter

06/18/2009 - Biometrics

09/23/2009 - date of decision to approve (letter received), just waiting for card. No online updates whatsoever.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi,

I think they should use your new address on your AR-11 form you sent. I did send in AR-11 and received subsequent correspondences with USCIS in my new mail box. But as a guide, do check on your old address if things do not seem to be very normal and probably call the 1800 number to see if your new address has reflected on your file..Good luck.

Hello guys

About a month ago I received the letter that some of you already received to remember to remove conditions. Also as some of you reported that letter was received in the old address. I change my address with the AR-11 about one year ago and looks like USCIS just ignored that AR-11.

Obviously I used the new and actual address in the I-751 form that I sent some days ago but I need to know what do you think about the address that USCIS is going to use for the NOAs of my I-751 case?? The new reported in the AR-11 and the I-751 form or the old one used by them in to remember me to remove conditions and the one that looks like is in the system for my file???

I need to know this to go frecuently to the old address to ask if they have any mail for me. (I know the guys living there but is about 40 miles from our new home so will be awesome if USCIS start using the new and actual address).

Thank you!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
Hi,

I think they should use your new address on your AR-11 form you sent. I did send in AR-11 and received subsequent correspondences with USCIS in my new mail box. But as a guide, do check on your old address if things do not seem to be very normal and probably call the 1800 number to see if your new address has reflected on your file..Good luck.

Thanks guys,

Hey franklocks Did you send the AR-11 in electronic way or regular mail? I did electronic and I have the confirmation number so I don't know why they used the old address to send the the reminder. In any case I hope they start using the new address I put in the AR-11 and also in the I-751.

05/25/10 - N-400 package delivered in Phoenix, AZ

06/04/10 - Check cashed

06/10/10 - NOA received

06/16/10 - Case available online

06/17/10 - Case online showing RFE (Biometrics notice) sent on 06/16/10

06/21/10 - Biometrics Letter Received

07/08/10 - Biometrics appointment

07/07/10 - Walk in Biometrics

08/06/10 - Email / Text for for new case status: "Test and Interview"

08/09/10 - Interview Appointment letter received for 09/13/10

09/13/10 - Interview Approved!

09/13/10 - Same Day Ceremony! I am a US Citizen!

Hello:

In the same boat...earlier post:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry2939991

I filled out the AR-11 online, so I was given a copy with a confirmation number printed at the bottom. Along with the letter from USCIS that confirms the sponsor address change, I will submit the AR-11 confirmation copy with my I-751. At least then, they will have a copy "just in case" the changes have not been made to the case file. I doubt a USCIS agent is going to say, "Well, how dare they submit these forms?!?!".

Ah well, the filing will commence after 2-3 weeks...we'll see how it goes. At least the old address is my parents, so I'll get the correspondence anyways if they send it there.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Csoul,

Yes, I did send the address electronically and had a confirmation number as well. Indeed, i remember talking to someone on the phone at the 1800 number and she said once I had the confirmation number, everything should be fine, and everything si ok as at now. So give yourself sometime, and see what happens.

Hi,

Thanks guys,

Hey franklocks Did you send the AR-11 in electronic way or regular mail? I did electronic and I have the confirmation number so I don't know why they used the old address to send the the reminder. In any case I hope they start using the new address I put in the AR-11 and also in the I-751.

I filed an AR-11 online in August 2008, but did not think to copy it ( and don't have confirmation number). I did get a letter from USCIS reminding me to file my I-751, but I tossed it out and can't recall if it was sent to my old address or not (we have mail forwarding for a year I think). I filed my I-751 2 weeks ago, using my new address as the mailing address and received my NOA today (addressed to the new address). I am pretty sure that they send the information about a new application to the address used on that application, rather than to any older addresses that they may have on file.

2001 Met

2005 Married

I-485/I-130

12/06/2006-------Mailed I-130/1-485

12/16/2006--------Recieved NOA 1 (I-130 & I-485)

12/18/2006--------Touched I-130/I-485

01/20/2007--------Biometrics

05/10/2007 -- Interview, Approved!

05/22/2007 GREEN CARD arrives!!!

02/2009 - File to lift conditions

I-765

12/14/2006--- Mailed EAD App.

01/20/2007--- Biometrics

02/09/2005-------Sent in request to Congressional office for assistance with expediting EAD.

02/13/2007 -------- EAD Approved!

02/26/2007 - ------EAD received

Removal of Conditions:

05/12/2009 -- Overnighted application by USPS express mail (VSC).

05/14/2009 -- Green Card expired.

05/23/2009 --- Check cleared bank.

05/26/2009 -- Received NOA (NOA date May 15, 2009, guess they aren't deporting me).

05/29/2009- Biometrics Notice date

06/01/2009- Received Biometrics Letter

06/18/2009 - Biometrics

09/23/2009 - date of decision to approve (letter received), just waiting for card. No online updates whatsoever.

Hi,

Thanks guys,

Hello:

In the same boat...earlier post:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry2939991

I filled out the AR-11 online, so I was given a copy with a confirmation number printed at the bottom. Along with the letter from USCIS that confirms the sponsor address change, I will submit the AR-11 confirmation copy with my I-751. At least then, they will have a copy "just in case" the changes have not been made to the case file. I doubt a USCIS agent is going to say, "Well, how dare they submit these forms?!?!".

Ah well, the filing will commence after 2-3 weeks...we'll see how it goes. At least the old address is my parents, so I'll get the correspondence anyways if they send it there.

Hi csoul and franklocks,

Keep the copy of electronic filed AR-11 confirmation page and send it with I-751. I have normally seen that USCIS only updates your address if it's a new case and if you do AR-11 while you already filed the case or are done with USCIS for a while, chances are they might or might not update your address.

jane2009, glad you got NOA at new address, it looks like they did update your address, lookout for biometric appointment letter, hopefully they will send it to the new address.

Good Luck Guys.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.