meijoe

Questions for I-751

4 posts in this topic

I am about to file my I-751 this week. I have a couple of questions:

- Can I use personal check or money order? and what should be the proper name I have to write in the check?

- Can I send them my passport ID picture taken a year ago for my new card? Will they check the pic if old or new?

NATURALIZATION

7/09/2007 - Sent N-400 to Vermont

07/11/07- Priority Date

8/07/2007 - Received NOA 1 receipt for $400

8/30/2007 - Received notice of date for Fingerprinting

09/25/2007- Fingerprinting done

02/19/08 - Received notice of interview

04/18/08 - Interview in Philadelphia

06/16/08 - Received Oath ceremony invitation

07/02/08 - Oath Ceremony date - Pennsylvania Convention Center

Happy Independence Day!

Filed: Timeline

- Can I use personal check or money order? and what should be the proper name I have to write in the check?

- Can I send them my passport ID picture taken a year ago for my new card? Will they check the pic if old or new?

"All checks and money orders must be drawn on a bank or otherinstitution located in the United States and must be payable inUnited States currency. The check or money order should bemade payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security."

"The conditional resident filing this petition must submit two standard passport-style photographs of him or herself taken within 30 days of submission of the petition. The photosshould be 2x2 inches in size and have a white background.The photos should be glossy and not retouched or mounted.The dimension of the facial image should be about 1 inch to1 3/8 inches from the chin to the top of the hair in a full frontal view. Using a pencil or felt pen, lightly print yourname and Alien Registration Number (A#) on the back of thephotographs."

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/I-751.pdf

As far as the photos go unless your appearance has changed you could probably use photos that are older than 30 days, I don't think they will carbon date them. LOL

You know it really is helpful to read the form's instructions, that why they are instructions. LOL

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey,...

I was about to say the same thing as MDYoung,....

Who the money order or check is made payable to, is on Page 2 of the instructions for I-751.

I sent mine in on 24 June,..and it arrived yesterday at Laguna NIguel, at 12:24pm,.....YAY!!

Jodee

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.

Filed: Timeline

HI! You can mail a personal check or the money order,either of them will work fine. It would be also good if the personal check or the money order would indicate both names : husband and wife's names.

Also you should submit two RECENT passport style photos with your I-751 application.

Sincerely.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.