Afrilaskan Queen

Update on case in Review 2 yrs. - What does this mean?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I were approved in 2007 for our I-129 and I-130. About 1 year ago my love went for his I-129 interview and the visa petition was sent back to the US for review for "no bonafied relationship".

There has been no update on our file since 1 year ago when we were denied. Then 4 weeks ago my Senator's office wrote on our behalf. The Senator's office received response but not the one they anticipated. CSC basically changed the date, to update our file online, and told us there is a long line in of cases in front of us that could take approx. 24 months to get through them and they'd be in touch but to feel free to contact in 10 months if no movement has happened.

However, I noticed again today, a new update, on our I-130. Prior the I-130 said in 2008 approval was sent to my husbands country, now the update states the I-130 was sent to CSC for review. I realize those two approved petitions are linked together.. but it sat in his country all of this time.

Is this a good sign that something is moving? It would be great if something might be happening vs. waiting.

Is this an indication they may be moving to review our case? Does it mean anything? I wonder if we really will have to wait 2 years to year more information or if the Senator's letter had some affect, they did not indicate so in their reply to the senator's letter.

Has anyone experience with this?

~Afrilaskan Queen~

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Your approved 130 wouldnt be at a USCIS service center. It was out of their hands when they mailed it to NVC after approval.

It doesnt make sense that they would have it at VSC OR CSC. It should be at NVC. :unsure:

Where is it saying "sent to husbands country" and "sent to CSC for review"? Are you looking at your cases status on uscis.gov? You shouldnt be able to track your 130 there any longer... The 130 doesnt go straight to the consul, it has to go through its own process at NVC before being sent on for interview that is just strange

Did you ever call NVC to see if you could still persue the CR1 or if the 130 had expired and died?

Edited by Y's_habibitk

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

'Y's_habibitk' thank you very much for replying!

I think my lawyer has had an emergency or crisis, has been excellent up to this point but disappeared off the planet a couple of weeks ago. Now I am nervous, as I have depended on her to do all the paperwork.

Yes, I've been looking at uscis.gov each day to see when they complete the review or update it. It is there I have seen our approved I-130 March 2008 and I know it was at the NVC but when our I-129 was denied they tied our I-130 to it ....until literally yesterday at the uscis.gov site it says this:

Current Status: This case has been received from the State Department with a request we review it. On May 21, 2009, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it.

The last time I spoke to our lawyer she said we would pursue a new I-130, because our wait time for the completion review for our failed I-129 is about 24 months. I am confused why it took so long for the I-130 to turn back around. We never were contacted about it after the approval and then when I-130 was sent onto the NVC.

Please forgive my "dullness" everyone on the site seems to be experts while I'm regularly puzzled. lol. I talk to Marc Ellis on Sunday which I hope will help as well.

Thanks for responding and if you can give any info I appreciate it.

~Afrilaskan Queen~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.