FATE's BLESSING

June 4 - heading to Las Vegas

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good day to all my fellow vj's. I will be flying to Las Vegas on June 4.

:idea: To those who went to US just recently, guys please give me ideas on how the excess baggage @PAL seems like. If ever let say I will exceed the allowable kilos (I know I am entitled to a total of 46kg for a check in baggage;2 luggage each should not exceed 23kg and I can bring a 7kg hand carry) how much would it cost me? And is it depends on how many excess kilo I will have or PAL has a fix rate? If they have a fix rate then I would rather have an excess of at least 7kg and up hehe to maximize the fee. Thanks in advance!-JEN

Fate put us together; guided our love ever since. It is our duty to protect, value and treated our love with so much care. LOVE TRULY, DEEPLY and FAIRLY!

K1 VISA JOURNEY 2009 - (relieved finally after 3mos. & 2weeks)

02/12 - Sent I-129F petition to USCIS

02/13 - NOA1

03/25 - NOA2 (APPROVED IN 40DAYS)

04/03 - NVC received, give our case number

04/16 - Consulate received

04/24 - Packet3 received

04/27 - Packet4 received

05/04 - Medical PASSED

05/21 - Interview date - PASSED

05/27 - VISA ON HAND *woot woot

06/01 - CFO seminar @St.Mary's

06/04 - direct flight to Las Vegas through PAL

08/13 - Civil Wedding

09/21 - File I-485, Application to register permanent residence or AOS

10/01 - ASC Appointment Notice (Biometrics)

10/20 - USCIS - Biometrics Appointment

11/03 - Letter - interview date is December 8

12/05 - Catholic Church Wedding

12/08 - Lawyer, husband & I appeared on the Interview - Passed

12/15 - PR Card (Green Card) - Received

:idea: To those who went to US just recently, guys please give me ideas on how the excess baggage @PAL seems like. If ever let say I will exceed the allowable kilos (I know I am entitled to a total of 46kg for a check in baggage;2 luggage each should not exceed 23kg and I can bring a 7kg hand carry) how much would it cost me? And is it depends on how many excess kilo I will have or PAL has a fix rate? If they have a fix rate then I would rather have an excess of at least 7kg and up hehe to maximize the fee. Thanks in advance!-JEN

Here is their baggage details on this link:

http://www.philippineairlines.com/products...out_baggage.jsp

Here is their baggage details on this link:

http://www.philippineairlines.com/products...out_baggage.jsp

mine i got excess too. but the guys at the airport gave me a box so i can put the excess in there.no payment at all.in every bag it should be 23 kls

Hello FATE's BLESSING. I can see we have the same flight:

june 4

manila-vancouver-las vegas. :)

N-400 Application for Naturalization

September 21, 2012 - N-400 packet sent
September 24, 2012 - Check cashed
September 26, 2012 - NOA 1 received
October 01, 2012 - Biometrics letter received
October 26, 2012 - Biometrics appt @ 11am
March 1, 2013 - Oathtaking. US citizen finally!!!

"You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly."

wgto58qj1o5xq.png

Hello FATE's BLESSING. I can see we have the same flight:

june 4

manila-vancouver-las vegas. :)

Jut prepare because it will be hot here by then, and even hotten in the coming months :yes: B)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Not sure about the baggage, my asawa flew Northwest. We are here in Vegas also, once you get here and settled in, maybe we could all meet and have lunch or something. Be prepared for the heat, it will be hot until at least the end of Sept. Hope you have a safe trip.

Timeline

thanks shawns40. right, my fiance told me that it is summer there right now. i guess best to just stay home if its too hot outside. then go out once the temperature goes down.

Not sure about the baggage, my asawa flew Northwest. We are here in Vegas also, once you get here and settled in, maybe we could all meet and have lunch or something. Be prepared for the heat, it will be hot until at least the end of Sept. Hope you have a safe trip.
Edited by FATE's BLESSING

Fate put us together; guided our love ever since. It is our duty to protect, value and treated our love with so much care. LOVE TRULY, DEEPLY and FAIRLY!

02/13 - NOA1

04/24 - Packet3 received

04/27 - Packet4 received

05/04 - Medical PASSED

08/13 - Civil Wedding

thanks shawns40. right, my fiance told me that it is summer there right now. i guess best to just stay home if its too hot outside. then go out once the temperature goes down.

The only problem with that is the temp is still around 100 degree F till about 11pm. I have been here for 10 years, so I am used to the heat, so it really doesn't bother me. Just drink plenty of water. By the way I got your PM, I am in the south part of town, just about 4 miles from the airport.

When traveling from Philippines to U.S. on PAL, you are allowed to check-in a maximum of two pieces of free baggage with no one piece exceeding a dimension of 62 inches measured by length+width+height. And both pieces together cannot exceed a total dimension of 107 inches. Also, each piece should not exceed 50 pounds (23 kilograms) in weight. If any piece exceeds the 50 pounds (23 kilograms) in weight, then you have to pay an excess baggage flat rate of PHP 7050.

You are allowed to carry one piece of free carry-on baggage small enough to be placed in the overhead rack or under the passenger seat of the plane and the piece must not exceed a dimension of 45 inches and not exceed 15 pounds (7 kilograms) in weight.

In addition of your free carry-on baggage allowance, you are also allowed to freely carry the following items onboard the plane: a small handbag of personal items, a coat, a blanket, and reading materials.

Apr. 19, 2009 - VISA IN HAND!!! YESSSS!!! Our time-consuming but very rewarding visa journey has been successful. Now we can finally start our new and wonderful life long journey of marriage, companionship, and commitment. We wish everyone success in both your journeys.

June 23, 2009 - POE is Los Angeles, California

July 8, 2009 - SSN received.

July 12, 2009 - MARRIED!!! and living in Michigan until I retire in about 5 years, then we will move to a southeren state that has a much warmer climate year round.

August 28, 2009 - AOS, EAD, AP submitted.

September 8, 2009 - NOA's for AOS, EAD, and AP received.

September 9, 2009 - Michigan Drivers License received.

October 8, 2009 - Biometrics Completed.

October 13, 2009 - AP received.

October 17, 2009 - EAD received.

November 30, 2009 - AOS interview completed. AOS APPROVED.

December 1, 2009 - We will be filing for Lifting of Conditions on September 1, 2011.

December 1, 2009 - We will be filing for for Naturalization on July 12, 2012.

December 10, 2009 - GREEN CARD received!!!

When traveling from Philippines to U.S. on PAL, you are allowed to check-in a maximum of two pieces of free baggage with no one piece exceeding a dimension of 62 inches measured by length+width+height. And both pieces together cannot exceed a total dimension of 107 inches. Also, each piece should not exceed 50 pounds (23 kilograms) in weight. If any piece exceeds the 50 pounds (23 kilograms) in weight, then you have to pay an excess baggage flat rate of PHP 7050.

You are allowed to carry one piece of free carry-on baggage small enough to be placed in the overhead rack or under the passenger seat of the plane and the piece must not exceed a dimension of 45 inches and not exceed 15 pounds (7 kilograms) in weight.

In addition of your free carry-on baggage allowance, you are also allowed to freely carry the following items onboard the plane: a small handbag of personal items, a coat, a blanket, and reading materials.

Laptop bags with the pc's are considered personal items as well. I was able to bring mine onboard with no problems, when I went to the Philippines last year.

From the Philippines to Las Vegas, Los Angeles or San Francisco

USD200 if you travel between:

26 December - 31 January

16 March - 31 May

01 - 31 August

USD150 if you travel between:

01 February - 15 March

01 June - 31 July

01 September - 25 December

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

NOTED :thumbs: ... Thanks guys!

Laptop bags with the pc's are considered personal items as well. I was able to bring mine onboard with no problems, when I went to the Philippines last year.

From the Philippines to Las Vegas, Los Angeles or San Francisco

USD200 if you travel between:

26 December - 31 January

16 March - 31 May

01 - 31 August

USD150 if you travel between:

01 February - 15 March

01 June - 31 July

01 September - 25 December

02/13 - NOA1

04/24 - Packet3 received

04/27 - Packet4 received

05/04 - Medical PASSED

08/13 - Civil Wedding

• 2 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malta
Timeline

hi all... can anyone please tell me how was Las Vegas immigration as port of entry please....

thanks a lot and take care y all :)

i forgot to enable the email notification :P

N400 sent : 2012-10-27

Check Cashed : 2012-11-05

Bio Appointment : 2012-11-23

Walk-In Biometrics : 2012-11-14

Interview Appointment : 2013-04-12

Approved : 2013-04-12

Oath Ceremony : 2013-06-28

as1cCET0g410010MjA0MDk1c3wwMTMxbHxTaW5jZ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.