jawi876

Yardies filing for K-1 Visas

68 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Did you send the DS 230 Part 1 via DHL from America? Does it have to be signed by my fiance? I could send it to DHL as it is completely filled out but I am in the US and my fiance is in Jamaica so it would not be signed. Would it be better to DHL it to him and then have him drop it off at the embassy without an appointment? Please help!! Thank you!!

It MUST be signed by him.

I believe for all intensive purposes DHL is out of business in America.

Send it to him USPS Express (takes 6 business days and MUCH cheaper than Fed-Ex) you can track it on-line.

Have him sign it and then send it DHL to the embassy.

Otherwise, he will have to have an appointment to physically drop it off at the embassy.

God bless you and thanks for the quick response!! Can he Fed-ex it to the embassy? I dont believe there is a DHL in St Anns Bay where he lives....We do have DHL here and they said they can get him the letter in 3 business days for 40.00 US but if the express via USPS is less I think I will go that route as there isnt much of a difference in time....I know every day counts....but at this point...so does every dollar!! Thank you and I wish you the brightest and happiest future!!

Lesly

We had our interview on November 18th, 2009 and we were APPROVED!!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Did you send the DS 230 Part 1 via DHL from America? Does it have to be signed by my fiance? I could send it to DHL as it is completely filled out but I am in the US and my fiance is in Jamaica so it would not be signed. Would it be better to DHL it to him and then have him drop it off at the embassy without an appointment? Please help!! Thank you!!

It MUST be signed by him.

I believe for all intensive purposes DHL is out of business in America.

Send it to him USPS Express (takes 6 business days and MUCH cheaper than Fed-Ex) you can track it on-line.

Have him sign it and then send it DHL to the embassy.

Otherwise, he will have to have an appointment to physically drop it off at the embassy.

God bless you and thanks for the quick response!! Can he Fed-ex it to the embassy? I dont believe there is a DHL in St Anns Bay where he lives....We do have DHL here and they said they can get him the letter in 3 business days for 40.00 US but if the express via USPS is less I think I will go that route as there isnt much of a difference in time....I know every day counts....but at this point...so does every dollar!! Thank you and I wish you the brightest and happiest future!!

Lesly

One more question please...actually two more...as we are not married I filled in the spouse info as not applicable...was that right? Also...the embassy directions said to write in not applicable wheras the directions on the sheet say to put N/A...do you know which one to do? Thanks again!!!

Lesly

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
One more question please...actually two more...as we are not married I filled in the spouse info as not applicable...was that right? Also...the embassy directions said to write in not applicable wheras the directions on the sheet say to put N/A...do you know which one to do? Thanks again!!!

Lesly

I am sure he CAN Fed-Ex the form to the embassy. I just thought DHL was more widely available in JA, not to mention cheaper :unsure:

N/A stands for Not applicable so if you put N/A you are good :thumbs:

Here is a link to an example form, follow it and you should have no problems (F)

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-DS-230.pdf

Best of luck in your journey :yes:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I sent the signed copy of the DS-230 Part 1 from the USA using DHL...for that $35-$40 it got there the very next day even though they quoted 2 day service. USPS lost a package with our supporting evidence and refused to do anything about it and it cost me $45-$50 to get to Canada...it got to Canada in about 4 days but sat in Customs for over 2 weeks. They were supposed to send it back to me since the person that needed to sign for it was no longer in Canada. They delivered it to the address anyway.

I will NEVER recommend the USPS for this process...too much to risk to save a few bucks.

I figured I would answer since I was the one that told people to do it. I don't think using DHL in Jamaica to deliver the form has been very reliable.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline
I sent the signed copy of the DS-230 Part 1 from the USA using DHL...for that $35-$40 it got there the very next day even though they quoted 2 day service. USPS lost a package with our supporting evidence and refused to do anything about it and it cost me $45-$50 to get to Canada...it got to Canada in about 4 days but sat in Customs for over 2 weeks. They were supposed to send it back to me since the person that needed to sign for it was no longer in Canada. They delivered it to the address anyway.

I will NEVER recommend the USPS for this process...too much to risk to save a few bucks.

I figured I would answer since I was the one that told people to do it. I don't think using DHL in Jamaica to deliver the form has been very reliable.

Thank you for the info!! I will definitely use DHL from the states to get the package to Jamaica. We want this to go as quickly as possible though and if we wait for an interview to drop off the form at the rmbassy we could be talking 3-4 weeks from what I have read. Is there a way to just go in and drop off the forms without an appointment? Otherwise, I figure DHL in Jamaica HAS to be more reliable than regular mail in Jamaica. Any ideas??

Lesly

Filed: Timeline

Thank you for the info!! I will definitely use DHL from the states to get the package to Jamaica. We want this to go as quickly as possible though and if we wait for an interview to drop off the form at the rmbassy we could be talking 3-4 weeks from what I have read. Is there a way to just go in and drop off the forms without an appointment? Otherwise, I figure DHL in Jamaica HAS to be more reliable than regular mail in Jamaica. Any ideas??

Lesly

Hi Lesly, you can do as Jawi suggested. We asked for an appt to drop off the DS-230 on Tuesday, they told us to come at 12:30 on Thursday (I was in Jamaica at the time)...so, we did that. I got an e-mail from the embassy on Monday informing us of our interview date. I don't know why it takes some time for others, we had no problems...that was in April 2008.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Lesly

Hi Lesly, you can do as Jawi suggested. We asked for an appt to drop off the DS-230 on Tuesday, they told us to come at 12:30 on Thursday (I was in Jamaica at the time)...so, we did that. I got an e-mail from the embassy on Monday informing us of our interview date. I don't know why it takes some time for others, we had no problems...that was in April 2008.

Can you please tell me the number you called to set up the appointment to drop off the form DS 230? We can certainly try that route if it is more reliable....I just want everything to go as quickly as possible!! Every day is a missed opportunity for him and our daughter to be together!!

Filed: Timeline

Lesly

Can you please tell me the number you called to set up the appointment to drop off the form DS 230? We can certainly try that route if it is more reliable....I just want everything to go as quickly as possible!! Every day is a missed opportunity for him and our daughter to be together!!

Lesly, mi nevah call -- I didn't make a call I sent an e-mail......kingstonivinfo@state.gov. I've only communicated with the embassy by e-mail.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Thanks so much!! I will email them immediately!!

Lesly

Lesly, mi nevah call -- I didn't make a call I sent an e-mail......kingstonivinfo@state.gov. I've only communicated with the embassy by e-mail.

Timeline

I don't want to confuse you Lesly...Lawny your method is the one all the yardies have been using for years...but you were lucky to get through that fast with the process...others have not been so lucky. It took over a week for them to even reply to my email...

Lesly I would suggest you look at timelines and gauge which way is better for you...like I said...my way worked for me...but it was only a $40 gamble that paid off big for us. I got an interview scheduled within 6 days of mailing off the DS-230 Part 1...if memory serves me correctly...I beat you Lawny in this part of the time line (naanie naanie boo boo) LOL

6-8 days to an interview date or 6-8 days/possible weeks to drop off the DS-230, then wait more days/weeks for interview...

Wishing you the best in whichever way you go! :thumbs:

Edited by jawi876

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Timeline
I don't want to confuse you Lesly...Lawny your method is the one all the yardies have been using for years...but you were lucky to get through that fast with the process...others have not been so lucky. It took over a week for them to even reply to my email...

Lesly I would suggest you look at timelines and gauge which way is better for you...like I said...my way worked for me...but it was only a $40 gamble that paid off big for us. I got an interview scheduled within 6 days of mailing off the DS-230 Part 1...if memory serves me correctly...I beat you Lawny in this part of the time line (naanie naanie boo boo) LOL

6-8 days to an interview date or 6-8 days/possible weeks to drop off the DS-230, then wait more days/weeks for interview...

Wishing you the best in whichever way you go! :thumbs:

Well....my honey and I talked last night and decided....I am sending the forms to him via DHL from the states...he has to go all the way to Montego Bay to get them as that is the closest center to pick up packages for him....he is going to sign the papers...add the additional items such as his photo, and then resend the items via DHL 2 day to the embassy....I assume we can track this package via DHL and know when the embassy receives it. I have no idea if we will get through quickly or not....I just want him home by my birthday if possible...Nov. 27th.....or by Christmas for sure....these are my hopes....thanks for all of the advice everyone!! Now I just dont know if I follow the embassy's directions of writing "not applicable" in the blanks or "N/A" as it says on the form....or if they really wont care...lol!! You all are so wonderful to help me!! I have added everyone who has helped me to my prayer list and hope all of your wishes and dreams are fulfilled!!

Lesly

Timeline

Hey yardies I know it's been a while and I'm trying to catch up I been thru so much but I am ready to get back on track I'm wondering if anybody can in what to do now that my i129f have been approved. Jay still have not gotten any mail or package yet, and Im also still not wrking what do I do about the financial paper? I have gotten so side tracked with life lately I forgotten all about what to do next...

** I been to hell and back but the key words is I'm back thanks to the grace of god! **

Love...Live...Life... (It's is better to have loved than to have never loved at all)

4/9/09 - Sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center via USPS

4/10/09 - VSC received packet

4/13/09- VSC opened package

4/15/09- VSC mailed NOA1

4/17/09- VSC cashed check

4/17/09-NOA1 online

4/20/09-NOA1 hard copy

4/20/09-Touched

4/20/09- now we wait...

8/27/09- touched

8/31/09- approved!!

9/4/09- letter saying they mailed info to kingston

11/16/09 sent DS230 via email

11/18/09 rec email stating interview was scheduled for Dec

11/19/09 sent email asking what day in Dec and they responded Dec 8th!!!!! 2WEEKS

11/20/09 rescheduled to Dec 22 my preference date

12/22/09 Went to JA 12/9 and di ting is postponed until mi kno it's right!!! mi nah rush into nothing mi rather wait forever and kno everyting proper and sort out then rush and bawl lata... Mi kno when mi ting ah happen it ah happen RIGHT suh fah now mi ah wait likkle more...

DSC02522-1.jpgDSC02523-1.jpg

Timeline
Hey yardies I know it's been a while and I'm trying to catch up I been thru so much but I am ready to get back on track I'm wondering if anybody can in what to do now that my i129f have been approved. Jay still have not gotten any mail or package yet, and Im also still not wrking what do I do about the financial paper? I have gotten so side tracked with life lately I forgotten all about what to do next...

Your case will now go to NVC. They will give you a different case number. Give them some time and then call to see if your case is forwarded to the embassy. In the meantime try to get the things together that you will need for packet 3 (for embassy). Come into the main yardie room pt. 19, they will help you a whole lot! Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

*bump*

UPDATE

The Kingston Embassy has been accepting signed copies of the DS-230 Part 1 via email. K1 filers can now download a copy of the cover letter in this thread which requests a specific interview date, and send it as the email body with the SIGNED DS-230 Part 1 copy attached.

Thanks NatPat for finding a way to shorten the process even more! Some Yardies have even gotten an email reply with the interview date on the same day they sent the email...this is progress in a BIG way!

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.