Y's_habibitk

EAD mailing address

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hey guys,

So, we are mailing off our EAD for K3 today. I have held onto it for a few days now since there is a discrepency between the direct mailing adresses listed on the uscis website(and a link from VJ) and the instructions for the I -765

The link on USCIS lists KY under VSC. The instructions lists KY under CSC. :unsure:

The I-765 instructions list (a) (9) as going to CSC as Kentucky is listed between Kansas and Michigan in the state lists of "if you live in"

The "direct filing adresses for form I-765" lists (a) (9) for Kentucky in between GA and LA under VSC in the state lists of "if you live in"

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

It's a conundrum for us Kentuckians.

Getting through the misinformation line to ask questions like this is a joke really.

I guess they will just forward it to the correct service center if I "pick" the wrong one.

One more note:

USCIS site says to use the direct filing link OR the instructions to find where to mail. The direct link(listed here on VJ also) is effective '07, the instructions are effective in 08. I think I will use the instructions. :P

KY is the only variance when comparing addresses btw ...figures lol

Edited by Y's_habibitk

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Super. It's VSC. received it back from cali.

So, if you live in kentucky and are filing (a)(9).....use the link listed on the uscis website and NOT the instructions for I-765

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Got it back from VSC with an NOA1(case received and pending at VSC). They sent the whole packet back, check included and advised to mail it to TSC.

Really guys?!

Thanks!

WOW! Sorry I don't have any advice, but HOW FRUSTRATING!! Maybe 3's the lucky charm.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Timeline

Thanks, I hope so. Texas better not send it back telling us to send it to Nebraska or I will just flip out lol

Thanks!

Timeline

From the USCIS site:

On June 5, 2009, we received this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location.

They rejected it,sent the whole thing back and asked us to send it to TSC....funny that it is "received and pending" online and at the VSC :lol: f ing Vermont.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

So is your case at Texas or Vermont?

The Journey Home
04/27/2009 - POE at JFK (Quick and Easy!!!!)
05/07/2009 - Applied for SSN
05/09/2009 - Welcome Letter Received
05/14/2009 - SSN Received
05/11/2009 - GC Production Ordered
06/12/2009 - GC Production Ordered (AGAIN ?!?!?!)
06/19/2009 - Alien Registration Approval notice email
06/22/2009 - 2 Year Green Card Received!!!!!!

Naturalization
02/06/2013 - Application Sent
02/13/2013 - NOA (Priority Date Feb 8th)
02/13/2013 - Biometrics Appt. Letter Received
02/21/2013 - Early Bio Appt. (Original March 15th)
02/26/2013 - Place Inline for Interview

04/24/2013 - Interview scheduled

05/31/2013 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

XX/XX/2013 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline
So is your case at Texas or Vermont?

Its at TSC for now, Vermont has it listed online as being there (they assigned a receipt number that we could see, but then stuck a blank sticker over it) I think they changed their minds after accepting it intially :wacko:

No cashed check yet. If TSC sends it back, Im contacting the ombudsman.

Thanks!

Timeline

TSC sent it back. :ranting:

I KNOW VSC is supposed to process it. The supervisor at TSC said to send it back to VSC and include everything. She didnt understand why VSC advised us to send it to TSC.

The first CSR to my husband to send it to Nebraska. He escalated the call and finally got the sup.

Oh joy.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I know Im just talking to myself here, but for future KY filers for stand alone (a)(9)... VSC IS the correct center. They finally cashed the check today :dance: after a long cover letter that mentioned that a copy was going to the Ombudsman. ;)

Now, I hope they grant my request to use the original receipt date as the priority date

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Timeline

CARD received! Y already started training at his new job.

The letter I wrote to the Ombudsman and VSC when I submitted it for the second time worked! :dancing:

I hope this doesnt happen to any other future KY filers

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.