klester

Question about additional shots for Doctor visit

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi guys,

My fiancee (in Japan) had her medical visit at the end of April. At the visit, she got a few shots but they said something like they needed to check into her files and see if she needed any additional shots and they would notify her.

A day after she got her doctor packet in the mail (about a week after her checkup), she got a letter saying that she needed two shots, I can't remember what she said they were but the letter also said that the shots may not be available in Japan (they were common US shots). It doesn't say in the letter that she needs to get those shots before she leaves Japan, but it doesn't say she doesn't need them before she leaves; she said it was somewhat vague.

Does she need to go back and get these shots before she can come to the states? Are these shots she will have to get in the US after she enters on her K1, in which case we don't need to worry about it right now?

Thanks for your input.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

If they are vaccinations, no... they are not required for a K-1 visa. They will be required, most likely, later, after she enters the US and you apply for AOS, and might, I guess, be more expensive (possibly) here, but, no she does NOT require them now.

dvc

0910262302151d80_6881__t.jpg

05/03/2008 -- first email

11/01/2008 -- first skype messages

01/14/2009 -- she flies to USA, stuck overnight in Frankfurt

01/15/2009 -- she arrives in USA

01/16/2009 -- proposed! she says YES!!! :)

02/14/2009 -- 6 days of bliss in Walt Disney World (6mo given on I94)

02/23/2009 -- sent I129F Next Day Air

02/25/2009 -- NOA1

03/01/2009 -- Touched

04/09/2009 -- She flies to USA for 9 day visit (6mo given on I94)

06/20/2009 -- She arrives for summer visit (6mo given on I94, warned about too frequent visits)

06/30/2009 -- NOA2

Note: petition processed thru NVC and sent to embassy in about 1 week :o

Note: got an initial interview date in Sept, but decided to put it off so she could extend her vacation here thru end of October

10/21/2009 -- She returns to Poland :(

12/01/2009 -- Embassy interview -- SUCCESS!! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

She does not need them for entry into the U.S. but it is best to get them there. WHY? the HVP is she is under 26 is 195 dollars a shot here in the U.S. and she needs 3 of them.

My wife is from the Philippines and silly us .. in our wish to be together didn't learn this until applying for AOS.

David

single 15 years married 5 months ....now I know what peaks and valleys are in life. LOVE my wife hehehe

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.