dcrespo314

its me again haha

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

I have yet another question haha actually questions

first one....... Im doing a co- sponsorship (I-864) and im planning to use my dad, there is a question on the form that says total house hold income, do i include what my mom makes as well (mom works for my dads company) and if I do will she need to fill out another form? they do there tax's together if thats helps.

second question.... Will the people reviewing my case take into account the credit card debt my father has? i know there are no line or questions regarding your debt in the form but will that pop up once they run his SS #?

Third question (most confusing to ask) for example lets say my dad needs to make a min of 27,000 (4 dependents) a year in order to sponser my fiance

in 2006 he made $40,000

in 2007 he made $40,000

in 2008 he made $ 20,000

In 2008 he did not make enough he is $7,000 short, but i made $20,000.00 in 2008 (minimum for sponsorship in my case is $18,500) since i only have two dependents. My question is will this senario be ok or will the fact that my dad was 7,000 short screw things up?

also, if i do have a co-sponsorship, i know he must fill out the I-864, do i have to fill one out also or do i need to fill out only the I-134?

thanks in advance for any help

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Costa Rica

I-129F Sent : 2009-02-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-02-27

Touched: 2009-03-05

NOA2(s) : 2009/07/30

NVC Received: 2009/08/03

Departed NVC 2009/08/05

Consulate Received 2009/08/07

Interview Date 2009/10/08 Visa granted...:)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

if you plan to use this for the I-129F process, you are using the wrong form, you need to use I-134, I-864 is for adjustment of status, which will happen later on when your fiancee is in the US and after you marry. If your parents did joint taxes then you will have to use one parent that made the most. you cannot use both parents. after you have determined which parent to use, you and your chosen parent will both have to fill out the I-134 form. and for your second question, the government does not care about debit, so you are ok there...

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Timeline

you can use this information to determine how much you need for the dependents under your dad's taxes

Household Size

125% of Poverty

1 $13,538

2 $18,213

3 $22,888

4 $27,563

5 $32,238

6 $36,913

7 $41,588

8 $46,263

+ additional add $4,675

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
if you plan to use this for the I-129F process, you are using the wrong form, you need to use I-134, I-864 is for adjustment of status, which will happen later on when your fiancee is in the US and after you marry. If your parents did joint taxes then you will have to use one parent that made the most. you cannot use both parents. after you have determined which parent to use, you and your chosen parent will both have to fill out the I-134 form. and for your second question, the government does not care about debit, so you are ok there...

ok so if that is the case then for the initial meeting at the consulate i will only fill out the 1-134 for my self only because he did no make enough money in 2008, I did, the only question now is will i be able do what is in question number 3 for the AOS packet

thanks for the help man

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Costa Rica

I-129F Sent : 2009-02-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-02-27

Touched: 2009-03-05

NOA2(s) : 2009/07/30

NVC Received: 2009/08/03

Departed NVC 2009/08/05

Consulate Received 2009/08/07

Interview Date 2009/10/08 Visa granted...:)

Timeline

if you earned enough for 2008 then you don't need a co-sponsor and you will have to fill out I-134, if you need a co-sponsor then the co-sponsor will also have to fill out I-134, a good person to be a co-sponsor is someone who is single, not married, because they don't have any dependents and it's easier to calculate...

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I have yet another question haha actually questions

first one....... Im doing a co- sponsorship (I-864) and im planning to use my dad, there is a question on the form that says total house hold income, do i include what my mom makes as well (mom works for my dads company) and if I do will she need to fill out another form? they do there tax's together if thats helps.

second question.... Will the people reviewing my case take into account the credit card debt my father has? i know there are no line or questions regarding your debt in the form but will that pop up once they run his SS #?

Third question (most confusing to ask) for example lets say my dad needs to make a min of 27,000 (4 dependents) a year in order to sponser my fiance

in 2006 he made $40,000

in 2007 he made $40,000

in 2008 he made $ 20,000

In 2008 he did not make enough he is $7,000 short, but i made $20,000.00 in 2008 (minimum for sponsorship in my case is $18,500) since i only have two dependents. My question is will this senario be ok or will the fact that my dad was 7,000 short screw things up?

also, if i do have a co-sponsorship, i know he must fill out the I-864, do i have to fill one out also or do i need to fill out only the I-134?

thanks in advance for any help

To include your mothers income she would fill out form I-864a. What is his "current income"? That will be more important than past years. If his current income in good, I think you will be fine.

They will not combine your income with his unless you are in the same household and use the I-864a.

They do not care about credit card (or other) debt. You also need to fill out a form, although your last question concerns me. Is this for the interview or AOS? If for the AOS then he also fill sout form I-134. On the I-134 he reports only current income and gives one year tax return, unless, such as your case, if he wants to provide three years return if it benefits you.

Actually, for the interview, you could all use form I-864/I-864a as there is no requirement you use any form at all for the interview. The I-134 is a brief "convenience" document which is commonly used but not necessary. You only need to provide ample evidence that your fiancee will not be a public charge.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

:yes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.