Sinergy

mystery envelope

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Ed said when he got home he noticed the embassy gave him his mystery envelope not fully sealed. he said the corner isnt sealed. Hes freaking out, he said he didnt tamper with it, or try to open it, but since it is under half opened, hes afraid it will cause problems for him at JFK customs. Any advice???? :(

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

If he's worried, he can always take it back to the consulate to have it "resealed". I have seen posts where they actually opened it by mistake and took it back to the consulate to have it resealed without problems.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The corners are often cut (one side) so you can see papers in there.

If you couldn't easily take a piece of paper out or put one in, it's not 'open'.

Judgement call, Tara. If it's easy for him to get back there and will make you feel better, go for it.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Timeline

I told him not to worry about it, because no, its not open enough to get paper in or out. Its not easy for him to get back there. Hed have to hop on a train at 4 in the morning and its alot for him to get there. I told him not to worry about it, because the opening isnt big and he should be fine, but if he wanted to fix it, to go to the embassy the day hes in Bucharest to get on his plane (by train schedual he has to be there 1 day early and sit around the airport anyway) to go ahead and take it back to be resealed since he will have a whole day.

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I told him not to worry about it, because no, its not open enough to get paper in or out. Its not easy for him to get back there. Hed have to hop on a train at 4 in the morning and its alot for him to get there. I told him not to worry about it, because the opening isnt big and he should be fine, but if he wanted to fix it, to go to the embassy the day hes in Bucharest to get on his plane (by train schedual he has to be there 1 day early and sit around the airport anyway) to go ahead and take it back to be resealed since he will have a whole day.

uh, *hello*!

You never showed us E's picture before. :devil:

No wonder you're anxious!

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Timeline

uh, *hello*!

:thumbs::luv:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

uh, *hello*!

I read your postings about your guy's Budapest Experience :P Lord love a duck--you got yourself a M-A-N :thumbs:

8-12-2004 I moved to New Zealand(married my Kiwi in US 5/04)

1-12-2006 Received initial packet - It has I-130, I-864 & DS-230 Part 1, DS-2001 & tons of instructions.

Gathering paperwork that we don't have:

5-30-2006 - I-130 FILED AND ACCEPTED BY AUCKLAND CONSULATE!- INTERVIEW: 6/13/2006

6-13-2006 - APPROVED!usaCa.gifnew_zeaC3.gif

6-14-2006 - VISA IN HAND D_SMIL112.gif

08-05-2006 -WE ARE HOME IN THE USA!!! flag12.gif

THREE HAPPY YEARS LATER:

5-10-09 - N-400 filed

8-24-09 - Interview

9-14-09 - Naturalization Oath Ceremony

Timeline

uh, *hello*!

I read your postings about your guy's Budapest Experience :P Lord love a duck--you got yourself a M-A-N :thumbs:

Correction :) Bucharest :yes:

but yes, i got myself a MAN :) And poor thing, he went thru HELL to get to that interview.

I cant even begin to tell everything he had to do to get to Bucharest to the interview. And then because the interview lasted longer, he missed his train home, and had to take a late train, and between getting on that one at 6pm, and having to wait at other train stations for other trains, he didnt get home til 6am the next morning. It normally takes 5 hours by train to get from his villiage to Bucharest.

Hes a trooper :P

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

My husbands envelope had one corner completely cut open! I have a couple of friends from Romania that are here and told me that theirs your cut open also. Ithink that this is normal and he will be fine!!! Dont worry to much..think positive you are almost together again!!!! He will get here safe and sound! :D Enjoy your reunion!!!

Diana

My Timeline

K1

01/09/06- pakage sent to NSC

01/11/06- NOA1

03/16/06- NOA2 approved!!!

04/03/06- arrived at NVC

04/04/06- left NVC

04/08/06- received packet 3

04/11/06- sent packet 3 to Frankfurt

04/26/06- received packet 4

05/23/06- INTERVIEW at 9:30amAPPROVED!!!!

06/01/06- visa in hand!!!

06/08/06- married in Vegas!!!

AOS/EAD

06/24/06- sent AOS and EAD package to Chicago

06/27/06- Chicago receives package

06/30/06- NOA1

07/03/06- NOA1 received in the mail

07/17/06- biometrics appt. received in mail

07/25/06- biometrics in cleveland

08/30/06- case received at CSC

08/31/06- received a new NOA1 email

09/01/06- touched AOS

09/15/06- AOS APPROVED!! got email saying welcome letter was sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09/20/06- welcome letter received!!! and approval email sent

09/21/06- touched and GREENCARD RECEIVED!!!!!

06/08/07- one year anniversary

06/08/08- two year anniversary

06/08/09- three year anniversary

Removal of Conditions

06/17/08- package sent to California

06/19/08- California receives package

06/19/08-NOA1

06/28/08-Biometrics appointment

07/28/08-touched

09/01/08-received non conditional green card

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.