Libersolis

Just talked to USCIS..now I have a problem and I am a bit mad

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

I called them and got my receipt number from them. They told me that my petition was received on June 20th and that is when they mailed out my receipt notice. When I told them I haven't gotten my notice in the mail they told me that I can't file the 129-F without proof of the reciept notice ( which I have never received) I asked them if they could send me a copy of it and they said probably not and that it would take 30 days if they could. I also asked them if there was a way they could track the mail and they said no. They told me that since I live in an apartment complex that I might not get the immigration stuff because my name isn't on the mail box.

####### am I supposed to do now? Snail mail usually doesn't take 7 days ( or does it) so it seems like I am SOL.

I-129F Timeline

07-14-06-I-129F Sent

07-16-06-I-129F Arrived in Chicago

07-20-06-I-129F NOA 1

07-27-06-Touched

10-23-06-Touched

11-18-06-Touched

11-22-06-Touched

11-24-06-Approved

11-27-06-Touched

12-04-06-NVC Received

12-06-06-NVC Left

12-14-06-Arrived at Consulate

01-04-07-Packet 3 Received

01-05-07-Packet 3 Sent

01-10-07-Medical Examination

02-13-07-Interview in Johannesburg

I called them and got my receipt number from them. They told me that my petition was received on June 20th and that is when they mailed out my receipt notice. When I told them I haven't gotten my notice in the mail they told me that I can't file the 129-F without proof of the reciept notice ( which I have never received) I asked them if they could send me a copy of it and they said probably not and that it would take 30 days if they could. I also asked them if there was a way they could track the mail and they said no. They told me that since I live in an apartment complex that I might not get the immigration stuff because my name isn't on the mail box.

####### am I supposed to do now? Snail mail usually doesn't take 7 days ( or does it) so it seems like I am SOL.

Hey there...we have been back and forth on some posts with the same timeline more or less....

If the operator told you they got it the 20th, surely dont expect it to be mailed out the same time as she/he said. Mine was received 6/2 and not send out until 6/22 - not received until 6/26 - 24 days after verified receipt by TSC. I think the operator might have misspoken.

If you have not had the check cashed, your probably ok not having received the notice yet, or even if so they are not always done at the same time. I would say to give it about 21 days from 6/20....or until 7/10 or so...before you stress out. Expecting the NOA1 days after they receive it just wont happen.

Edited by bradentejas

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.gif3dflagsdotcom_colom_2fawl.gif

Our History

08/01/05 - The first day of our New Relationship!

10/27/05 - Six days in Barranquilla with my Novia.

01/27/06 - A week-long vacation in Cartagena with my Novia.

03/30/06 - Five days in Barranquilla, got Engaged!

05/20/06 - Vacation and Civil Wedding in Barranquilla... Newlyweds!!!!

08/02/06 - Upcoming week in Barranquilla with my Love!

CR-1 Process (I-130)

05/30/06 - I-130 sent to USCIS Texas Service Center

06/02/06 - I-130 received by USCIS Texas Service Center

06/22/06 - NOA1 notice date

06/26/06 - NOA1 received, Check was cashed, Touched

06/27/06 - Touched

K3 Process (I-129F Spouse)

06/26/06 - I-129F sent to USCIS Chicago

06/27/06 - I-129F received by USCIS Chicago

07/??/06 - Uhhh...where is that darn NOA1?

Timeline

Hey there...we have been back and forth on some posts with a same timeline I think....

If the operator told you they got it the 20th, surely dont expect it to be mailed out the same time as she/he said. Mine was received 6/2 and not send out until 6/22 - not received until 6/26 - 24 days after verified receipt by TSC. I think the operator might have misspoken.

If you have not had the check cashed, your probably ok not having received the notice yet. I would say to give it about 21 days from 6/20....or until 7/10 or so...before you stress out. Expecting the NOA1 days after they receive it just wont happen.

Hey good to see you. The receipt was actually generated on the 20th of June, which is the date he told me they sent it off, but he probably didn't know what he was talking about. One thing I had totally not even realized though was that I had an visa company help me file the paper work. I just called them and they told me that all of the paperwork should come to them first since they are acting as my attorney's in this process. This entire time I have been checking the mail and not even realizing that it won't be coming here.

I-129F Timeline

07-14-06-I-129F Sent

07-20-06-I-129F NOA 1

07-27-06-Touched

10-23-06-Touched

11-18-06-Touched

11-22-06-Touched

11-24-06-Approved

11-27-06-Touched

12-04-06-NVC Received

12-06-06-NVC Left

01-05-07-Packet 3 Sent

This entire time I have been checking the mail and not even realizing that it won't be coming here.

Not to burst your bubbble, but I <mistakenly> hired a <worthless> attorney for a K1 years ago, and although they acted as my Agent, I still received copies of everything direct from our lovely Government. Maybe others can chime in on this, but I am sticking with you still getting the NOA1 and in a short while I am sure....

Edited by bradentejas

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.gif3dflagsdotcom_colom_2fawl.gif

Our History

08/01/05 - The first day of our New Relationship!

10/27/05 - Six days in Barranquilla with my Novia.

01/27/06 - A week-long vacation in Cartagena with my Novia.

03/30/06 - Five days in Barranquilla, got Engaged!

05/20/06 - Vacation and Civil Wedding in Barranquilla... Newlyweds!!!!

08/02/06 - Upcoming week in Barranquilla with my Love!

CR-1 Process (I-130)

05/30/06 - I-130 sent to USCIS Texas Service Center

06/02/06 - I-130 received by USCIS Texas Service Center

06/22/06 - NOA1 notice date

06/26/06 - NOA1 received, Check was cashed, Touched

06/27/06 - Touched

K3 Process (I-129F Spouse)

06/26/06 - I-129F sent to USCIS Chicago

06/27/06 - I-129F received by USCIS Chicago

07/??/06 - Uhhh...where is that darn NOA1?

Timeline

This entire time I have been checking the mail and not even realizing that it won't be coming here.

Not to burst your bubbble, but I <mistakenly> hired a <worthless> attorney for a K1 years ago, and although they acted as my Agent, I still received copies of everything direct from our lovely Government. Maybe others can chime in on this, but I am sticking with you still getting the NOA1 and in a short while I am sure....

I would actually rather get it myself.. when I paid them I wasn't quite sure about anything and they did an excellent job preparing the initial paperwork, but this point I am confident that I can handle the rest of the process.

I-129F Timeline

07-14-06-I-129F Sent

07-20-06-I-129F NOA 1

07-27-06-Touched

10-23-06-Touched

11-18-06-Touched

11-22-06-Touched

11-24-06-Approved

11-27-06-Touched

12-04-06-NVC Received

12-06-06-NVC Left

01-05-07-Packet 3 Sent

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey libersolis;

If it has been 30 days since u sent your application, you can ask them to let you speak to an immigration officer. That officer will have all the info about you. The operator has no information about your specific appliation whatsoever. That happened to me when i applied for Naturalization. They feeded wrong address for me in computer, and it is important to have them correct your address, and only officer can tell you if address is correct.

You can get your reciept number by obtaining a copy of your cashed money order. On the back of your money order there will be your reciept number printed, you can then give that number to an operator and have them correct your address. Or jus talk to officer and they will tell you exactly whats going on.

Good Luck

Filed: Timeline
I called them and got my receipt number. They told me my petition was received on June 20th and that is when they mailed out my receipt notice. When I told them I hadn't gotten my notice in the mail yet, they told me that I can't file the 129-F without proof of the receipt notice (which I haven't received). I asked them if they could send me a copy, they said probably not and that it would take them 30 days if they could. I also asked them if there was a way they could track the mail, they said no. They told me that since I live in an apartment complex, I might not get the immigration stuff, because my name isn't on the mail box.

####### am I supposed to do now? Snail mail usually doesn't take 7 days, so it seems like I am SOL.

You should be calling the USPS' hotline, not the USCIS'.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I second that. We hired a lawyer for our K3 process (he is an extremely good one though :thumbs: ) and we got all the "original" NOA and our lawyer got "copies". I think the NOAs that USCIS sent to our lawyer had some words like "this is the copy for the official attorney/representative" or something like that.

My suggestion would be to check with your lawyer and see if he/she receives it, but keep inquiring to your local post office and USCIS to get one for yourself.

Me- Indonesia & hubby - US

married in Vancouver, Canada

USCIS-free for 10 years !

Filed: Other Timeline

depends if you signed an authorization for the attorney to be your agent and receive responses or not. If you did, then everthing will/should go to them, if not, then you should be getting it.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.