July09Bride

OMG... And she thought I was lying!!! **You're SO gonna laugh!**

44 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Anyway, I find the best way to get rid of a pushy salesperson is to say "i'm sorry I need to spend all of my disposable income on therapy. It's one of the conditions of my release." That's a pretty handy conversation stopper.

:lol: That's great!! Its like whenever one of those Jehovah Witness people come knocking on the door... I just say I'm Jewish and they leave me alone.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Its only Canada! That's hilarious!

K-1 Journey

04/30/2009 - I-129F sent to VSC

03/30/2010 - Interview @ MTL APPROVED!

04/13/2010 - POE @ Pearson International

05/23/2010 - WEDDING

AOS Journey

07/20/2010 - AOS/AP/EAD Sent

07/21/2010 - package received at Chicago

07/28/2010 - check cashed

07/30/2010 - received NOA1 in mail

08/01/2010 - received biometrics letter

08/20/2010 - walk in biometrics completed

08/23/2010 - finally entered into USCIS online -AP's touched on Aug11 and EAD and AOS touched on Aug20 08/30/2010 - AOS/EAD touched

09/09/2010 - AP approved (email notice)

09/13/2010 - Received email that EAD was approved on Sept 10

10/04/2010 - Received interview letter in Mail

11/09/2010 - Interview-APPROVED! 112 days

11/09/2010 - Card Production 11/22/2010 - Green Card received

ROC Journey

08/11/2012 - Eligible to file for ROC10/11/2012 - sent in I-751 (late)10/16/2012 - received NOA 11/20/2012 - biometrics

Filed: Other Timeline

I will have to remember cats made of cottage cheese, and the therapy lines. I like those! :lol:

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I will have to remember cats made of cottage cheese, and the therapy lines. I like those! :lol:

Those are great lines, aren't they??!!

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Filed: Timeline
Yeah at Pearson there's "international flights" then there's "American flights." But since they all require passports now, I'd say its definitely international despite some airports and airlines distinctions. Flying to and within Canada is just ridiculously expensive compared to air travel pretty much anywhere else. There's definitely a lack of competition in the Canadian airline industry... Flying Buffalo-Denver opposed to Toronto-Denver is about half price, no exaggeration. I can go from buffalo from $250-$300 but you'd be lucky to get anything out of Toronto for less than $500. My sister lived in Calgary for a while and she used to pay $800+ to come back home. That's just insane! (I think I went off on a little tangent... :P)

Usually the airports in foreign countries that separate out the American flights from the rest of their international flights is because USA has the customs and immigration staff located inside the international airport. Standard practice in Canada, England, Ireland, Germany, etc...

Air Canada rules the roost in Canada. Nothing you or I can really do about it.

Many times long-haul flights (i.e. greater than 2000 miles) are cheaper than short-haul flights. The reason being is that usually the airline uses a larger airplane and will have more passengers to divide up the fixed costs of the flight.

Disclaimer: I work for an airline in revenue management and unfortunately understand these matters to well.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

This is why the time-share business is called "Herpes of the Real Estate World". Once you get sucked into one, you're stuck for life with all the "maintenance fees" which is where they make their millions off of people.

This lady is typical of the high pressure sales tactics they use. They are pushy, they don't care about your funds as long as they sucker people into paying more money etc.

It wasn't that she was clueless, it was that she couldn't give a rats #### how much other things in victims life costs. They just want more money from everyone.

We have a local guy on AM radio that is heard all over the world called Tom Martino. And his show is all about how people get scammed and what people can do, people everywhere call him up and he tries to help them, even contacting both parties to see how they can help. He talks frequently about time shares and he himself got sucked into one many years before he got into the radio and he has no mercy on stating exactly what Time Shares truely are...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
.. and chilled money brains.

Whats a chilled money brain? I think I might want one of those!!!

Well... it could be a lot of things, but I was actually going for "chilled monkey brains." :P

I am sooo going to pull that line next time a vacuum cleaner salesman knocks on my door.

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

• 3 months later...
This is why the time-share business is called "Herpes of the Real Estate World". Once you get sucked into one, you're stuck for life with all the "maintenance fees" which is where they make their millions off of people.

This lady is typical of the high pressure sales tactics they use. They are pushy, they don't care about your funds as long as they sucker people into paying more money etc.

It wasn't that she was clueless, it was that she couldn't give a rats #### how much other things in victims life costs. They just want more money from everyone.

We have a local guy on AM radio that is heard all over the world called Tom Martino. And his show is all about how people get scammed and what people can do, people everywhere call him up and he tries to help them, even contacting both parties to see how they can help. He talks frequently about time shares and he himself got sucked into one many years before he got into the radio and he has no mercy on stating exactly what Time Shares truely are...

I am a travel agent and when I was in college, our teacher for Travel Agncy operations warned us to never ever evn to get involved in Time shares. Selling them that is. Even though our books shared a subject on it. He wanted us to understand what is was and then never touch the subject again in our career.

o5cni131ii.png

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 2009-05-04

NOA Date : 2009-05-21

Online USCIS website: 06-03-2009 ( so am I a May or June filer now.)

Bio. Appt. : 2009-07-24 (walk-in on 07/14/09 and accepted)

*Touch*: 07-15-2009

Card ordered: 2009-08-26

Letter received approved: dated 08-22-2009 :o

*touch* : 2009-08-31

Green card recvd: 2009-09-01

April 2010: Eligible to file for US citizenship

My handmade Jewelry

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My parents have some friends where the girlfriend moved to Canada & had the whole sponsorship thing going on for Canada, and when he lost his job they decided to move to the US. My parents said "oh, well he just needs to get a SSN". Yeah, like it's really that easy - have you not been listening to me about OUR immigration process the past year++???

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

You certainly have a lot more patience than I do with that timeshare chick. It would have been everything I could do to bite my tongue. Anyway, as Bill Mahr reported on 'Real Time' last week, a recent poll claims that 18% of Americans think the sun revolves around the earth so it's no surprise that people (and I'll include Canadians here too) have no clue about immigration costs or that Canada is not a 'domestic' flight from the US. My immigration costs are now over $5,000 (I include the trip to Montreal for the K-1 interview--both my flight and that of my fiance, now husband). My friends think it's outlandish. Yes. It. Is.

And rexalite, love the comeback!

(Off-topic: Someone somewhere on this website once referred to a trip to Canada as "going overseas". Doesn't "overseas" mean over a sea?! Hehehe.)

Jo-Anne

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

my ex and i went on vacation in myrtle beach and those time share people came up to us and said they will give us $50.00 to come to one of their presentations. of course me and my husband were like 20 years old and $50 was like a million to us so we went.

they were so ticked off at us for not buying and practally yelling at us for wasting their time. they could have been making money off someone who could afford it.

they coulnt realize for themselve were were young and probably didnt have any money. it was them that came to us not us going to them. so its not our fault. it was kinda funny tho at the time.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just start speaking in another language. If you don't speak another language...make one up.

smiley-laughing013.gif

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

LAte to the party but hey... My dad was shocked after we got married(my wife and I, not my dad and I), that she couldn't leave the country. He thought it was a big joke. As for CanAm flights, my wife's grandparents(the Canadians) thought to take domestic when they came to visit us last year because they travel international to England.

CIS Office : Philadelphia PA

08/25/09 I-751 Sent to VSC

08/26/09 Package arrives at VSC

08/31/09 Check is Cashed/Clears

08/27/09 NOA

09/24/09 Biometrics

11/24/09 Approval letter arrives!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.