Justin.IraLove

Early dated forms

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok, ever since we got back our NOA 1.. me and my fiancee have been trying to get everything in order for everything to come.

The forms we have already got/are getting together are:

Affidavit of Support

Letter from employer (Dated March or April)

CENOMAR (Dated April)

Getting the NBI Clearance here in MAY.

Now the thing im worried on is the dates, seeing as we didnt get the NOA 2 yet, and the interview could be around August-Sept-Oct. Would all these still be valid or will they require we have the documents have a date closer to interview?

Were just trying to stay ahead of the game, has anyone else done this.. had problems/ had no problems?

Thx..

Pst..Had to repost this in here.. the philippines form, you dont get responses to questions it seems.

bd9a807528.png

K-1 Visa

Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2009-03-17

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-03-19

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-08-06

NVC Received : 2009-08-10

NVC Left : 2009-08-13

Packet 4 Received : 2009-08-22

Interview Date : 2009-09-25

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2009-10-1 (about 6 Months, 13days)

US Entry : 2009-11-02

AOS Interview: 2010-03-22

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Ok, ever since we got back our NOA 1.. me and my fiancee have been trying to get everything in order for everything to come.

The forms we have already got/are getting together are:

Affidavit of Support

Letter from employer (Dated March or April)

CENOMAR (Dated April)

Getting the NBI Clearance here in MAY.

Now the thing im worried on is the dates, seeing as we didnt get the NOA 2 yet, and the interview could be around August-Sept-Oct. Would all these still be valid or will they require we have the documents have a date closer to interview?

Were just trying to stay ahead of the game, has anyone else done this.. had problems/ had no problems?

Thx..

Pst..Had to repost this in here.. the philippines form, you dont get responses to questions it seems.

This could be consulate specific, so bear that in mind. There are no specific rules for documents supporting the I-134. Most consulates use the guides for the I-864 which will be filed later and that document requires supporting evidence to be within one year at time of filing. That said, it also says they have the option to request more recent documents, but the I-864 is filed with the AOS and sometimes the interview occurs several months later, so the supporting documents could be quite old before the interview. End of disclaimer.

For your K-1 documents:

Affdavit of support and employer letter should be fine, but I would add a few recent check stubs to it just to clarify the job situation is unchanged. If the employer letter is 5-6 months old, but recent check stubs show you still work there for about the same pay, I cannot imagine a problem. The last year's tax return (2008) will still be valid later this year.

For the CENOMAR, same thing. Unless the consulate specifies otherwise.

Don't know about "NBI" is that the police certificate? If so, most consulates require it be within one year. I think you will be OK. For our case, I prepared the I-134 several months in advance and just added recent check stubs. I prepared another today for a K-2 to follow and will use the same employment letter as last year (dated July) but also I am adding the 2008 tax return and w-2 plus recent check stubs, so it kind of "refreshes" or updates the letter. Kiev asks for 2 or more of four items in support of the I-134 (OF-167) and I have all four covered, so if they want to toss the employment letter, I still have the other documents.

I am all in favor of preparing everything ahead of time, just add the recent check stubs and you should be OK. Too bad you are not getting answers in the PI forum as that would give you consulate specific answers. I defer to anyone familiar with Manilla that can advise otherwise.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello there, One thing you do need to make sure your fiance sends you much closer to your interview date is an updated letter of Intent to Marry. They do want that at USEM. Hope this helps. Good Luck and God BLess

IT'S NOT THE DESTINATION ITS THE JOURNEY...AND WHAT A JOURNEY IT HAS BEEN

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Most consulates require forms to be dated within the year. That said he could have templates and forms completed but date them closer to the interview. That would probably be better off.

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for asking this question. I've done all of my forms through the interview stage and we haven't even received the NOA2 yet. I don't mind re-doing them later if need be. I just can't stand sitting around and doing nothing.

02.09.2007- Met online (EverQuest 2)

07.11.2008- Met in person (Orlando)

02.14.2009- Got engaged (Toronto)

K-1

03.13.2009- NOA 1

08.24.2009- NOA 2

11.20.2009- Montreal Interview Approved!!

02.01.2010- POE @ Lewiston Bridge

02.25.2010- Applied for SS#

04.29.2010- Beach Wedding!!

AOS

05.27.2010- NOA 1 for I-131, I-485 & I-765

06.18.2010- I-485 transferred to CSC

06.21.2010- Biometrics

07.22.2010- EAD & AP approved

10.28.2010- RFE for I-485- They lost our medical!

12.09.2010- Green Card in hand!

ROC

09.14.2012- Mailed I-751 to VSC

10.26.2012- Biometrics

04.11.2013- 10 Year Green Card approved! No interview :)

8zs8cuv3suq7.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.