BermyCat

My vent

60 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline

Magic and I went back to the vet today. She's gained a tiny bit of weight and the toxicity in her blood has decreased slightly. We'll be giving her IV fluids and 5 pills daily for another week.

I'm hopeful but I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed that she didn't show more improvement. I so want my playful, happy kitty back.

I've leave for Bermuda on Sunday and Phil is joining me the Saturday after for a week. Poor Magic is going to have to stay at the vet's. A friend of Phil's has volunteered to come feed the cats twice a day but I just can't ask him to deal with giving Magic all her pills.

~ Catherine

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline

aw, poor Magic! But she is at least getting better, even if it is going slow. That's good :)

Hang in there :)

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Timeline

I'm covered in wet cat food. Magic was absolutely determined not to eat this morning. :angry:

On the other hand, I guess it's good that she had the energy to put up such a fight. I just wish she would eat on her on. She's even getting an appetite stimulant but it doesn't seem to help.

~ Catherine

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm covered in wet cat food. Magic was absolutely determined not to eat this morning. :angry:

On the other hand, I guess it's good that she had the energy to put up such a fight. I just wish she would eat on her on. She's even getting an appetite stimulant but it doesn't seem to help.

~ Catherine

Well, if I were a cat, I probably wouldn't find "wet cat food" too appetizing. Maybe that's the problem? :unsure:

Timeline

Well, I'm supposed to decide by morning whether to euthanize Magic or try hospitalizing her as a last ditch effort.

I really can't take this. It's nine days before the blessing ceremony for my marriage that I wish my mom could be at, I'm going to lose the cat she left me.

~ Catherine

Well, I'm supposed to decide by morning whether to euthanize Magic or try hospitalizing her as a last ditch effort.

I really can't take this. It's nine days before the blessing ceremony for my marriage that I wish my mom could be at, I'm going to lose the cat she left me.

~ Catherine

I am so sorry to hear about this... (F) I know that you will end up making the right decision and doing what is best.

September 2002 Met online

April 9, 2003 Started dating online

July 2, 2004 Met in person

July 17, 2005 Engaged one beautiful summer night in Campbell River, BC, Canada!

June 28, 2007 I-129F sent

November 29, 2007 First NOA received

December 28, 2007 Second NOA received

January 25, 2008 Interview appointment received

March 17, 2008 Interview passed!

March 18, 2008 K-1 visa received

June 5, 2008 Fiance moved to U.S.

August 9, 2008 Married!

September 8, 2008 I-485 and I-765 sent

October 10, 2008 Biometrics appointment

December 1, 2008 EAD received in mail

March 9, 2009 Green card received in mail

December 10, 2010 I-751 filed

April 3, 2011 I-751 approved, conditions lifted from green card

October 11, 2011 Filed for divorce

Filed: Timeline

~ Catherine

Don't prolong Magic's agony, Cat. I know it's hard, but it's best to get it over with. Your Mom would want that. Her memories aren't going to be lost with the cat. They will always be there in your heart and your head. Big hugs to you. (((((((((((((((BermyCat)))))))))))))))) (F) (F) (F)

iagree.gif

~ Catherine

Don't prolong Magic's agony, Cat. I know it's hard, but it's best to get it over with. Your Mom would want that. Her memories aren't going to be lost with the cat. They will always be there in your heart and your head. Big hugs to you. (((((((((((((((BermyCat)))))))))))))))) (F) (F) (F)

Sorry to hear about Magic.

I'd have to agree. As much as you love Magic and as hard as it's going to be, you don't want to prolong anything.

Your mom will always be in your heart.

Removal of Conditions: 12/09/2011

ROC check cashed 12/15/11

NOA1 12/13/11

Biometrics 1/6/12 Complete

RFE 9/13/12

RFE package sent back 10/17/12

Card Production Ordered 12/04/12

10 year card arrived in mail 12/10/12

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~ Catherine

So sorry Catherine.... It may be best to get it over with now, as you'd probably be more heartbroken to learn something happened to Magic while on your trip. You can mourn the loss now and go to your wedding with some sort of peace of mind that Magic is no longer suffering. (F)

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

~ Catherine

Well, if I were a cat, I probably wouldn't find "wet cat food" too appetizing. Maybe that's the problem? :unsure:

I think she means the tins of cat food you can buy.. not dry cat food that you make wet...

I am sorry about your cat, Bermy (F)...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

~ Catherine

I think she means the tins of cat food you can buy.. not dry cat food that you make wet...

I am sorry about your cat, Bermy (F)...

Yes, I know what she meant. That still leads me to think that "wet cat food" wouldn't be appetizing.

Filed: Other Timeline

you're not a cat.

Bermy, I'm sorry about Magic. It is a very tough decision to make, and one that no one looks forward to in their pet's life. :(

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

So sorry that you are going through this and Magic is feeling so unwell. Agree with others--do what you think is best for Magic; no matter what, your mom's memory will live on, and so will Magic's.

It really is a hard call---you don't want them to suffer even a minute longer than necessary and yet you also don't want to wonder whether they'd have had a chance with a few more days of vet care. I went through that with the dog I had 4 years ago, Daisy, when she had leukemia.

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.