13 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

im a new member here its been 1 year now tht im here in US thru k1 visa.until now we dnt file aos yet.and now we start working all my papers for my aos .can i have trouble tht i apply late?and also last feb.we move in other state my question can i change my adress while also process my aos?and how to process to change my adress plss i need some advice..thnk u

An alien must report their change of address within 10 days of moving by completing an AR-11 (either the online or paper version). So if you haven't already, you should do so ASAP.

Trouble filing AOS? Not necessarily - you may likely incur more expenses by having to complete another medical (original K-1 medical is valid for 1-year).

To process the AR-11 go to https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa

:thumbs:

Also would like to add, since your way pass your i-94 of 90 days, your are "out of status" currently and since it's more than 180 days, you would be subjected to a ban if you attempt to re-enter the US if you leave now.

Even if you get an approved AP, do not leave till you have the greencard.

Your status isn't changed till you get the NOA for the AOS, then it's put from "out of status" to "applicant to adjust status".

Edited by Bobby_Umit

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

thank you all for the replies one another question can i submmit my papers for aos without civil surgeon and vaccine record we decide to file the papers first even late to submit my medical record and vaccine from surgeon?is this good idea?bcoz now my husband is in school and we dnt have time yet to make appoinment for medical coz i dnt know how to drive yet and we dnt have any relative on this state and my husband he dnt have time he will finish his school at june and i cant wait to file my papers im able to submmit my papers?without those medical record?

You might have trouble with your papers if you are only planning on sending just the plain application itself. They will be needing those medical records anyway and will send you for RFEs (more documents). It might be best if you plan to file for AOS to have everything ready with you otherwise, there might be trouble ahead like delay in processing.

Goodluck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
thank you all for the replies one another question can i submmit my papers for aos without civil surgeon and vaccine record we decide to file the papers first even late to submit my medical record and vaccine from surgeon?is this good idea?bcoz now my husband is in school and we dnt have time yet to make appoinment for medical coz i dnt know how to drive yet and we dnt have any relative on this state and my husband he dnt have time he will finish his school at june and i cant wait to file my papers im able to submmit my papers?without those medical record?

When was your medical at SLEC in Manila? If you file your AOS before 1 year after that date, then you will only need to have the vaccination part of the I693 document completed by a civil surgeon. You can do that via mail with Dr. Arnold from Texas. Do a search on this website for "Dr Arnold I-693 Vaccination" to get more info. It will only cost you about $20 or $30 dollars and there is no need for you to have to go to the trouble of finding a civil surgeon and making an in-person appointment.

However, If you file your AOS more than 1 year after your medical at SLEC occurred, then you will need a complete new medical exam. For that , Dr Arnold will not be able to help you and you will need to make an appointment with a local Civil Surgeon and pay the fees involved for a complete medical exam.

Very important advise that Bobby gave you above: since you are more than 180 days from when your I-94 expired, you must not leave the USA until you have the green card in hand. Even if you get issued an Advanced Parole, you must not use it and must not leave the country until you have the green card in hand.

Good Luck!

-Samby

Wishing Everyone Speed, Success, Happiness and Love,

TinTin and Samby

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Did you get married within 90 days of your arrival in the US on the K1? If so, you should be ok as long as you don't leave the country until your AOS is processed.

08/28/2004 Engaged

09/22/2004 I-129F submitted

10/01/2004 I-129F Approved

12/15/2004 K1 Issued

12/30/2004 Arrival in US

02/19/2005 Married

01/30/2006 Conditional Green Card Approved

01/15/2008 Conditions Removed and 10 Year Card Issued

03/28/2009 N-400 mailed to Lockbox

07/17/2009 Interview Denver USCIS office RECOMMENDED FOR APPROVAL

08/28/2009 Naturalization Ceremony - US District Court - Denver, Colorado[/b][/u]

09/04/2009 Applied for passport

09/22/2009 Passport approved and mailed

09/24/2009 Passport received

08/26/2009 Naturalization Certificate and Name Change Petition arrive back from State Department

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

When was your medical at SLEC in Manila? If you file your AOS before 1 year after that date, then you will only need to have the vaccination part of the I693 document completed by a civil surgeon. You can do that via mail with Dr. Arnold from Texas. Do a search on this website for "Dr Arnold I-693 Vaccination" to get more info. It will only cost you about $20 or $30 dollars and there is no need for you to have to go to the trouble of finding a civil surgeon and making an in-person appointment.

However, If you file your AOS more than 1 year after your medical at SLEC occurred, then you will need a complete new medical exam. For that , Dr Arnold will not be able to help you and you will need to make an appointment with a local Civil Surgeon and pay the fees involved for a complete medical exam.

Very important advise that Bobby gave you above: since you are more than 180 days from when your I-94 expired, you must not leave the USA until you have the green card in hand. Even if you get issued an Advanced Parole, you must not use it and must not leave the country until you have the green card in hand.

Good Luck!

-Samby

Who is Dr Arnold? I am just intrigued with that because just last week I received RFE for my medical and vaccination record or I-693. I made an appointment to a Civil Surgeon in our place and the charge will be $300. If I can avail of Dr Arnold service, I might consider his service. Please tell me more about it.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Good Luck!

-Samby

Who is Dr Arnold? I am just intrigued with that because just last week I received RFE for my medical and vaccination record or I-693. I made an appointment to a Civil Surgeon in our place and the charge will be $300. If I can avail of Dr Arnold service, I might consider his service. Please tell me more about it.

dr arnold is a civil surgeon from texas. if you have already your vaccination record he can trasncribed it to I-693 form for $30.00. call them first before sending your records or other instructions and shots that you might need.

for more info:

L.E. Arnold, M.D.

4534 Westgate Blvd #114

Austin, TX 78745

Tel #512-444-3131

Timeline

please remember, that if your filed your AOS more than a year after your medical exam at SLEC in Manila, then you will need a full medical exam completeed again. This must be completed by a civil surgeon. Dr. Arnold can not help you if you need a full medical exam again. If you submitted your AOS within 1 year of your medical exam at SLEC in Manila, then the only thing you need to have done at this time is the Vaccination part of the form completed. If this is your case, then Dr. Arnold provides a good, reasonablly quick and cost effective solution to this.

Do a search on this forum for DR ARNOLD and you will be able to read many infos on how to use/contact Dr. Arnold.

Good Luck!

Samby

Wishing Everyone Speed, Success, Happiness and Love,

TinTin and Samby

Timeline

If you will not submit the I-693 together with the other forms for AOS. There will be a delay in your papers. They will send you a RFE for I-693.

K1 Process:
April 22, 2008 I-129F NOA1
Aug. 25, 2008 I-129F NOA2
Aug. 28, 2008 NVC left
Sept. 09, 2008 Consulate received
Sept. 16, 2008 Appointment notice received
Sept. 23, 2008 Filed Jap. police clearance
Sept. 24-25, 2008 Medical exam Done. Thank God I'm healthy
Oct. 03, 2008 Interview date
Nov. 11, 2008 Got a call from Jap. Embassy PC ready for pick up
Nov. 13, 2008 Picked up and submitted the Police clearance to USEM
Nov. 28, 2008 Visa is ready for delivery
Dec. 02, 2008 Visa in transit to Cebu (delayed bcuz Dec. 1 was holiday)
Dec. 03, 2008 Visa received abot na jud tawn Thank you Lord.
Dec. 08, 2008 POE Hawaii, Honolulu
Dec. 09, 2008 Got married (wedding and honeymoon in Hawaii)
Dec. 12, 2008 Newly wed couple flew to SFO, CA

AOS Process:
Feb. 04, 2009 USCIS received AOS docs.
Feb. 12, 2009 NOA received (AOS and EAD)
Feb. 13, 2009 Biometrics appointment received
Feb. 25, 2009 Biometrics schedule (10 AM) San Francisco DONE
March 14, 2009 Received interview schedule
April 11, 2009 Received EAD card
April 21, 2009 Interview (APPROVED) (2 months 17 days from filing)

April 28, 2009 Welcome Letter received
May 2, 2009 GREEN CARD received (2 months and 29 days)
May 22, 2009 Filed SSN
May 24, 2009 Got SSN at SSA
June 11, 2009 SSN Card received in mail

Naturalization

April 30, 2013 N-400 mailed (i used regular mail not express)

May 3, 2013 NOA priority date (received in mail 05/09/13)
May 8, 2013 Check cashed out, received text and email (N-400 accepted)

May 31, 2013 Biometrics

June 4, 2013 In Line

June 6, 2013 Received email and text N400 has been scheduled
June 10, 2013 Received letter in mail
July 16, 2013 Interview @3:30pm SFO

qlko09mo73vl.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.