papazote

im confused

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Honduras
Timeline

my wife and i have a severe case of cold feet. everything was going allright we were even approved april9th for our 130 and i 129f. however my wife is having secon thoughts about the whole marriage and thinks we may have moved too fast(we only knew each other for 6 months prior) she apparantly does not want to leave her home in mexico. unfortunately for me i feel we may be past the point of no return. can i stop the whole process or better yet can i postpone the consular meeting? i feel all we need is more tiime.if so how do i do it? and if i can't will there be any reprocussions for her in the future if she wants to get the visa on her own? please help i am all in shambles right now!i am in love with her but i feel i deserve the same back.

Filed: Other Timeline

If both the I-129F and the I-130 are approved, just ignore the package 3 for the K3, and take your time responding to the paperwork for the CR1. The I-130 approval is good for one year, so you can stall at least that long.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

If both the I-129F and the I-130 are approved, just ignore the package 3 for the K3, and take your time responding to the paperwork for the CR1. The I-130 approval is good for one year, so you can stall at least that long.

As Reba said, your I-130 will expire in a year from approval date. So you still have like 8 months (save time) before continuing the NVC process. To delay the process, you just need to do... nothing hehehe sounds rear but is true. From now on everything is almost on you. The embassy will send your hubby the package 3 with instruction so you just ignore it, also NVC (National Visa Center) will send you a letter asking you to pay the Affidavit of Support bill again just ignore it but remmeber to keep everything in a safe place for the future.

I-130 Journey

01-13-09 - I-130 NOA1 (case transferred to California Service Center)

02-25-09 - I-130 NOA2 (Approved)

02-28-09 - I-130 Received NOA2 Hardcopy

I-129F Journey

01-19-09 - I-129F sent USPS Express Overnight Mail to California Service Center

01-23-09 - I-129F NOA1

02-25-09 - I-129F NOA2(Approved)

02-28-09 - I-129F Received NOA2 Hardcopy

03-03-09 - I-129F Case number assigned @ NVC

03-11-09 - I-129F Consulate Received signed by FELIX

04-14-09 - I-129F Interview date assigned (05-19-09)

NVC Journey

03-04-09 - NVC Received/Case number assigned

03-10-09 - DS-3032 / AOS Bill Generated

03-10-09 - E-mail DS-3032

03-10-09 - Pay AOS Bill (Online)

03-11-09 - AOS Bill Show as PAID

03-12-09 - Mailed I-864 Package

03-16-09 - Reviewing I-864

03-17-09 - Mail DS-3032

03-19-09 - NVC accepted DS-3032

03-19-09 - NVC Reviewed and Accepted I-864

03-26-09 - IV Bill Generated

03-27-09 - Pay IV Bill

03-30-09 - IV Bill Show as PAID

03-30-09 - Mailed IV Package

04-10-09 - RFE for my wife's Birth Certificate (It must be In-extenso)

04-14-09 - Sent a New IN_EXTENSO Birth Certificate

04-27-09 - Case Completed at NVC

04-27-09 - Trying to switch k3 interview for CR-1/IR-1

04-28-09 - Sent E-mail directly to the Chief of Visa Operations in DR requesting the switch

05-06-09 - NVC received a request from Embassy requesting the file

05-07-09 - Medical Exam

05-08-09 - Left NVC

05-12-09 - Received Consulate

05-19-09 - Interview Date: APPROVED!!!!

05-27-09 - POE (JFK, New York)

I am the beneficiary and I am feeling the same way as your wife right now as my visa is getting nearer LOL. Sometimes it is stressful for me to think about leaving everything i have grown with and live to a new world with my husband. But I think it is part of the challenges of marriage. I always put this in my mind that "the greatest regrets in our lives are the risk we didn't take" Just give her some security that everything will be fine when she gets there...and there are cars, planes, boats, buses and trains to hop on when she wants to see her family back home.

Yep i agree with Reba. To give her some time to spend with her family, wait for her CR-1 interview instead of K3.

Goodluck to both of you. May God give you the courage and guidance to do what is right...and what is good. :star:

ZlYHm6.png

Timeline
I am the beneficiary and I am feeling the same way as your wife right now as my visa is getting nearer LOL. Sometimes it is stressful for me to think about leaving everything i have grown with and live to a new world with my husband. But I think it is part of the challenges of marriage. I always put this in my mind that "the greatest regrets in our lives are the risk we didn't take" Just give her some security that everything will be fine when she gets there...and there are cars, planes, boats, buses and trains to hop on when she wants to see her family back home.

Yep i agree with Reba. To give her some time to spend with her family, wait for her CR-1 interview instead of K3.

Goodluck to both of you. May God give you the courage and guidance to do what is right...and what is good. :star:

God bless you for your insight during these troublesome times for my family! it is a relief to know there are people out there that have gone through similar things. it is especially helpfull to hear from someone with my wifes perspective. thank you again and hope all is well

As Reba said, your I-130 will expire in a year from approval date. So you still have like 8 months (save time) before continuing the NVC process. To delay the process, you just need to do... nothing hehehe sounds rear but is true. From now on everything is almost on you. The embassy will send your hubby the package 3 with instruction so you just ignore it, also NVC (National Visa Center) will send you a letter asking you to pay the Affidavit of Support bill again just ignore it but remmeber to keep everything in a safe place for the future.

many thanks for your sincere advice.

Timeline

Thank you kindly for your sincere and clear advice. i wish everything could be perfect between my wife and i, alas, it is not so! when were together, everything is better than perfect. is when she leaves that the prolem begins. idk. i do know i love her though so i will persevere. thanks for your insightfull advice!

Thank you kindly for your sincere and clear advice. i wish everything could be perfect between my wife and i, alas, it is not so! when were together, everything is better than perfect. is when she leaves that the prolem begins. idk. i do know i love her though so i will persevere. thanks for your insightfull advice!

this process is really really stressful. actually, stressful is a very mild word for it.

add the burden of keeping up a 'normal' married life while both of you are apart is just too much.

take time to visit her again, talk to her and reassure her that you love her and want to spend the rest of your life with her.

if things really don't work out. you can always quit this process and hope for the best long distance relationship or pick another country where both of you can live in and be happy at.

good luck!

Filed: Other Timeline

Trust me, I know exactly how your wife feels! I've been here in the US since 2004 and I still don't want to! :P Sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet so to speak, and make a decision. Take the chance, or never know what you're missing.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.