BrianandMerne

how exactly does the whole I129F application will look like?

39 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. My fiance is about to start collating all data needed as an attachment for the k1 visa we are about to turn in. We've already signed important documents such as letters of intent to marry, g325a, among others which he brought with him just a few days ago after he spent time with me here. We would just like to know how it would appear like before turning it in so we have the right thing done. Does anyone have a picture of what it would be like after collating the data?

Thanks very much for the help.

Life is beautiful!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hello everyone. My fiance is about to start collating all data needed as an attachment for the k1 visa we are about to turn in. We've already signed important documents such as letters of intent to marry, g325a, among others which he brought with him just a few days ago after he spent time with me here. We would just like to know how it would appear like before turning it in so we have the right thing done. Does anyone have a picture of what it would be like after collating the data?

Well, the final package will be a thick stack of paper. It's different for every filing case, because we all have different situations. Some need to include divorce decrees, change of name documents, etc. Others do not.

Have a look at the VJ guides, and particularly the K1 Guide which has examples of many of the important documents.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1guide

Welcome to VJ, and once you get started on your journey please fill in a timeline :):time:

Good luck!

Thanks! We already had looked into the link you gave and that really helped a lot. We are more confused on which fastener and folder to use. Sounds very mundane but we would like to get a head start on such little details that may be more of a nuisance when not followed. By the way, how many photographs did you submit for proof of meeting and such?

Life is beautiful!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Thanks! We already had looked into the link you gave and that really helped a lot. We are more confused on which fastener and folder to use. Sounds very mundane but we would like to get a head start on such little details that may be more of a nuisance when not followed. By the way, how many photographs did you submit for proof of meeting and such?

don't use any special fasteners, just use a paperclip, you can include 5-10 color pictures, most important is boarding passes, VISA entry/departure stamps, hotel receipts, etc....

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

don't use any special fasteners, just use a paperclip, you can include 5-10 color pictures, most important is boarding passes, VISA entry/departure stamps, hotel receipts, etc....

Thanks! The folder is a standard short cardboard type too? The boarding passes and such you mentioned are all good, those are in the bag already. Will congratulatory messages from friends and family either in email or in facebook be of help as proof of relationship and engagement too? Just thinking ahead :))

Life is beautiful!

Timeline

Thanks! The folder is a standard short cardboard type too? The boarding passes and such you mentioned are all good, those are in the bag already. Will congratulatory messages from friends and family either in email or in facebook be of help as proof of relationship and engagement too? Just thinking ahead :))

not really, not at this point, USCIS only care about if you and your fiancee actually met in person within the last 2 years. any additional evidence should be brought to the interview, cardboard folder is fine...

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

not really, not at this point, USCIS only care about if you and your fiancee actually met in person within the last 2 years. any additional evidence should be brought to the interview, cardboard folder is fine...

I will take note of that! Gracias! So that means, all papers attached to I129F will "loosely" be collated? No two-pronged fastener will hold them together? Just clips and such? Really sorry for these questions :blush: How many emails and chat logs are to be attached? :blush:

Life is beautiful!

Timeline

I will take note of that! Gracias! So that means, all papers attached to I129F will "loosely" be collated? No two-pronged fastener will hold them together? Just clips and such? Really sorry for these questions :blush:How many emails and chat logs are to be attached? :blush:

paperclip to hold the paper is fine, you want to make it easy enough for the workers to get to them and not frustrate them with difficult clips because they might just put you at the end...... emails and chat logs are really not necessary at this point this belongs to the additional evidence category. At this point you are establishing communication with the US government and letting them know you have a foreign finacee, USCIS just needs proof that you have met in person.

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

This might help.

#

In preparing your packet, please take note of the following:

Do not use binders or folders that cannot be easily disassembled.

Use ACCO fasteners to hold together thick or bulky applications or petitions. Two-hole punching the top of the material for easy placement in the file is appreciated.

The use of tabs assist in locating items listed as attachments. The tabs should be placed on the bottom and not the side for ease in filing.

Avoid using heavy-duty staples; instead use ACCO fasteners or heavy clips.

Avoid submitting originals unless specifically required. Avoid submitting oversized documentation when possible.

I had included 20 pictures of us together. 3 FULL chat logs from each medium we used (they go for pages and the naughty stuff is censored) so they get a general feel on how we communicate, 10 emails (5 from him, 5 from me) over the course of our relationship, 3 webcam chats screen shots of each various chat clients we use and telephone records.

Its not needed, all that's needed technically is proof of having met in 2 years but I front loaded just incase. All that stuff will later be sent to the respective embassy.

I saw a pic of someone from VJ that had sent in their petition. They had two hole punched the top part and had little tabs on the bottom of the page for easy referencing as per guidelines from USCIS.

N-400 Stuff:
07/02/16 : N-400 sent

07/11/16 : NOA1

07/28/16 : Biometrics

04/03/17: Interview (approved)

04/14/17: Judicial oath ceremony

HelloWorld and LeoandFarah! You have been such a wonderful help! Thank you so much! I hope you wouldn't mind of me having to come and tag you every so often for questions... I hesitated to post as I have gone through some replies that are downright "insulting" and not much help either :) Brian and I thought about getting a lawyer but walked away from it because it only costs a lot and most often lawyers could make things more complicated than it already is. Do you two have lawyers or you filed by yourselves?

Life is beautiful!

Timeline
HelloWorld and LeoandFarah! You have been such a wonderful help! Thank you so much! I hope you wouldn't mind of me having to come and tag you every so often for questions... I hesitated to post as I have gone through some replies that are downright "insulting" and not much help either :) Brian and I thought about getting a lawyer but walked away from it because it only costs a lot and most often lawyers could make things more complicated than it already is. Do you two have lawyers or you filed by yourselves?

i had a lawyer and this was way before i found VisaJourney, i didn't regret it, we got approved without any issues.... don't be shy to post here if you have questions, this is why this site was created....

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Well, the final package will be a thick stack of paper. It's different for every filing case, because we all have different situations. Some need to include divorce decrees, change of name documents, etc. Others do not.

Have a look at the VJ guides, and particularly the K1 Guide which has examples of many of the important documents.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1guide

Welcome to VJ, and once you get started on your journey please fill in a timeline :):time:

Good luck!

To uscandual: thanks also for the prompt reply. This really means a lot to Brian and I.

Life is beautiful!

i had a lawyer and this was way before i found VisaJourney, i didn't regret it, we got approved without any issues.... don't be shy to post here if you have questions, this is why this site was created....

He thought about getting one for us... But I am a frugal kind of girl HA! I hesitated and he leaned towards my hesitations HA!

Life is beautiful!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

We are not using a lawyer.

VJ is full of folks that know enough to walk you through the whole process.

Of course, if your situation is complicated, that's an entirely different matter altogether. For us, we have no previous marriages, no children, no criminal records, we're fresh as newborn babies, so it should be pretty straightforward and a lawyer wasn't needed in our situation.

And glad to help. =)

N-400 Stuff:
07/02/16 : N-400 sent

07/11/16 : NOA1

07/28/16 : Biometrics

04/03/17: Interview (approved)

04/14/17: Judicial oath ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.