megamisama

Newbie here! Need help with Forms and Documents pls!

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone :)

I'm new to the forums and new to the whole process.

I have a question regarding the forms i need to send and the documents i'm sending with them. (Forms required to petition an alien relative through marriage).

I was planning on sending the I-130 all by itself (together with the documentation required of course) until i talked to a person that works with immigration lawyers and she told me to send the rest of the forms together (I-485 and I-864) all at once because it would be faster.

Now my question is:

If i'm sending all of those forms at the same time, is it ok if i send them together with the documentation needed in the same envelope? Because, some documents are needed for 2 different forms.

For example, I need to fill out and send two forms G-325A (one for me, one for my husband) together with form I-130, they also require one G-325A with form I-485, as well as the passport-type photos included with each G-325A. Same thing happens with the certified copy of the marriage certificate and the birth certificates, they are both required by forms I-130 as well as I-485.

So i'm very confused because when i found out it would be better to send all the forms together, i was planning on sending each form with it's needed documentation in separate envelopes and those individual envelopes together in a big one. But now i don't know because some documents are required for more than one form and i don't think i should duplicate documents.

So, would it be ok to send all the forms plus documents in one big envelope? If so, what would be the right order? (like all forms together first and then documentation, etc) I don't want to mess up so i need some help.

Thanks guys!! My husband and I will really appreciate it! :thumbs:

event.png

AOS Timeline

08/18/2009 - Sent I-130 & I-485 Packages by USPS

08/20/2009 - Package arrived @ Chicago,IL lockbox

08/26/2009 - Checks cashed

08/29/2009 - NOA for I-130 & I-485 recieved (dated 08/25/2009)

08/31/2009 - Biometrics letter received (dated 08/27/2009)

09/23/2009 - Biometrics appointment @ 10 am (done!)

10/17/2009 - Interview letter received (dated 10/14/2009)

11/19/2009 - Interview (RFE issued since Dr. "forgot" to fill out part of I-693)

12/02/2009 - RFE sent

12/08/2009 - Recieved USCIS e-mail notifying I've been approved =)

12/11/2009 - Recieved "Welcome Letter"

12/15/2009 - GC arrived!

..All done 'til 2011 =)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

they are separate submissions.. do NOT share information from one to the other... make copies so each "stands alone" because they might be separated and reviewed by two different people.

You can submit in one emvelope

Separate fee payemnts are needed

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Is your husband in the US now?

Yes, he is in the US.

event.png

AOS Timeline

08/18/2009 - Sent I-130 & I-485 Packages by USPS

08/20/2009 - Package arrived @ Chicago,IL lockbox

08/26/2009 - Checks cashed

08/29/2009 - NOA for I-130 & I-485 recieved (dated 08/25/2009)

08/31/2009 - Biometrics letter received (dated 08/27/2009)

09/23/2009 - Biometrics appointment @ 10 am (done!)

10/17/2009 - Interview letter received (dated 10/14/2009)

11/19/2009 - Interview (RFE issued since Dr. "forgot" to fill out part of I-693)

12/02/2009 - RFE sent

12/08/2009 - Recieved USCIS e-mail notifying I've been approved =)

12/11/2009 - Recieved "Welcome Letter"

12/15/2009 - GC arrived!

..All done 'til 2011 =)

Send 2 copies of the things required, one for each petition. I would do the 2 envelopes in one, each petition complete though. You can send a copy of the birth cert, so just make 2 copies. For the rest print out and fill out 2 copies, etc.

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

You should send everything all together, but in such a way that each form stands on its own, make sense? For example, for each form that requires a photo or some other documentation, provide a separate copy. We stapled all the pages of each form together, and paperclipped to them whatever documentation was required.

Also, save a copy of EVERYTHING you send. You may need it later. Scan things into your computer if you need to, trust me, you'll be glad you did.

I had to giggle a little when I read your question, as my husband had posted something almost identical to this when we sent in our package. Good luck, I hope what I said made sense. :D Keep us posted!

24q38dy.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.