ramon&yuko

Problems with I-864 (with no joint sponsor options)

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi my husband and I are currently getting my AOS (adjustment of status) papers together, and it turns out that my husband didn't file for taxes the past few years. As far as I understand the form requires tax return forms for the past three years proving that he meets the minimum annual income of $18,000. Is that true and is there any way around it?

I receive money from my father every month and that on its own (if added up) exceeds the $18,000 mark. If I can provide proof of this would that be enough for an acceptance?

Or maybe a combination of my bank records and my husband's pay stub?

I need help.... :help:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I don't know if this really helps but he can still file them.

Naturalization

01/09/19 Filled online

01/10/19 NOA date/showed under documents online

01/12/19 Showed online Biometrics appointment had been created

01/15/19 Received NOA in the mail

01/15/19 Biometrics appointment showed under documents online

01/18/19 Received Biometrics appointment in the mail

01/29/19 Biometrics Appointment @Dallas

02/08/19 Interview appointment was scheduled 

03/19/19 Interview @ Fort Smith, AR (passed)

07/04/19 Naturalization Ceremony

Filed: Timeline
Hi my husband and I are currently getting my AOS (adjustment of status) papers together, and it turns out that my husband didn't file for taxes the past few years. As far as I understand the form requires tax return forms for the past three years proving that he meets the minimum annual income of $18,000. Is that true and is there any way around it?

I receive money from my father every month and that on its own (if added up) exceeds the $18,000 mark. If I can provide proof of this would that be enough for an acceptance?

1)hi,dont you have any relative or friend in US that can be your co-sponser/joint sponser.That will be a little easy for you guys.One more thing who is applying for whom.Are you applying for your husband or your husband is applying for you.

3) Suppose for a minute ,if you use combination of your bank records and your husband's pay stubs still you need to submitt the transcript of tax return of most recent year.What will you do then.

So,let me know first who is applying for whom?

If your income alone is not sufficient to meet the requirementfor your household size, the intending immigrant will be ineligible for an immigrant visa or adjustment of status, unlessthe requirement can be met using any combination of thefollowing:

What If I Cannot Meetthe Income Requirements?

1) Income from the intending immigrant, if that income will continue from the same source after immigration, and if theintending immigrant is currently living in your residence. If the intending immigrant is your spouse, his or her income can be counted regardless of current residence, but it must continue from the same source after he or she becomes a lawful permanent resident.

2) Income from any relatives or dependents living in yourhousehold or dependents listed on your most recent Federaltax return who signed a Form I-864A;

A joint sponsor whose income and/or assets equal at least125 percent of the Poverty Guidelines. See question belowfor more information on joint sponsors.

3) The value of your assets, the assets of any householdmember who has signed a Form I-864A, or the assets of theintending immigrant;

4) You may use the income of your spouse and/or any other relatives living in your residence if they are willing to bejointly responsible with you for the intending immigrant(s)you are sponsoring. If you have any unrelated dependentslisted on your income tax return you may include their incomeregardless of where they reside.

How Can My Relatives and DependentsHelp Me Meet the Income Requirements?Your household size includes yourself and the followingindividuals, no matter where they live: any spouse, anydependent children under the age of 21, any other dependentslisted on your most recent Federal income tax return, allpersons being sponsored in this affidavit of support, and anyimmigrants previously sponsored with a Form I-864 or FormI-864 EZ affidavit of support whom you are still obligated tosupport. If necessary to meet the income requirements to be asponsor, you may include additional relatives (adult children,parents, or siblings) as part of your household size as long asthey have the same principle residence as you and promise touse their income and resources in support of the intendingimmigrant(s).

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

from what i know first have to have his tax transcript for the last 3 years and if the income not match them requirements for the poverty guideline so the sure thing is co-sponsor working good and worked for me for the NVC

Good Luck :star:

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Egypt

Marriage : 2008-03-03

I-130 Sent : 2008-05-29

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-06-06

TOUCHED : 2008-31-12

I-130 Approved : 2009-1-1

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.