Henna Rose

Summer Reading ~ sizzlin' favorites?

43 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello ~ I know there is a MENA book club thread, but I am curious to know what other reads the MENA crowd will be enjoying at the beach or BBQ? Summer reading is my favorite :reading: I love the bookshelf feature on FB, also! I finished The Reader then watched the film. It's fascinating to see how stories are translated to the big screen!

I am deciding which book to start next, "The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency" or "Eat, Pray, Love" or "Confessions of a Shopaholic." I know we have some Twilight fans here, just curious what others are reading and sharing thoughts on some great reads for summer B)

6042646_bodyshot_300x400.gif

weight.png

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hello,

Got throu all the Twilight series .... liked them except New Moon. Just downloaded all the Dark Hunters books ... have only 3 books to go. TruBlood books are next ... other then that downloaded Big Love (which we watched), TruBlood, Blood Ties, Weeds, Fringe and Nip Tuck for our summer night viewing.

BBQ and beach in the daytime with the kids is our plans!

Timeline

Hello Henia ~ how are you ? I started reading The Secret and can't put it down, WOW ! our thoughts really are powerful ! I have the habit of reading a few books at once...so many good reads, so little time :whistle:

Also on my list this summer, The Alchemist. I can't believe I haven't read this already ! Happy summer reading, everyone !

weight.png

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have Eat Pray Love too but I havent read it yet.

My favorite books from the past year (year of reading, not publication) were Water for Elephants, The Book Thief, Skeletons at the Feast. I know there were a couple of others but I cant think right now, and I have a big pile still waiting for me. Right now I am working on The Elegance of the Hedgehog and its quite good - I borrowed it from my son :P

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm reading the #1 Ladies Detective Agency. You should check out this site for new books - www.paperbackswap.com I've gotten rid of and gotten a bunch of new books here!

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Timeline
I have Eat Pray Love too but I havent read it yet.

This will be a good one, Sara :thumbs:

I'm reading the #1 Ladies Detective Agency.

Did you see the series before you started reading the book ?

weight.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I've seen maybe 2-3 episodes but then I started reading so I stopped watching.

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

My mom has read these books, and I've read the first two. We haven't seen any of the series -- afraid it wouldn't stay faithful to the books. Mom likes a good, clean, Miss Marple style mystery, and these fill the bill.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

My mom has read these books, and I've read the first two. We haven't seen any of the series -- afraid it wouldn't stay faithful to the books. Mom likes a good, clean, Miss Marple style mystery, and these fill the bill.

Angels & Demons. Almost as good as the DaVinci Code.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Timeline

From The Secret ~ Rhonda Byrne :secret:

"You are like a human transmission tower, transmitting a frequency with your thoughts. If you want to change anything in your life, change the frequency by changing your thoughts!"

"You want to become aware of your thoughts and choose your thoughts carefully, because you are the masterpiece of your own life. You are the Michelangelo of your own life. The David you are sculpting is you."

weight.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi MENA.

I LOVE summer reading (well reading of any kind, but summer is usually the best time to read).

I give :thumbs: to Eat Pray Love. I've passed my copy on to my mother, and others. There's another book out by a dude name Andrew Gottlieb called "Drink Play F*@k"... seemed like a spoof of the former book from a male's perspective. I'll check it out at some point. :-P

jJ: How is "West of the Jordan"? I finished her other book not too long ago.

All of Dan Brown's books -- :thumbs: I can't wait for his newest book to come out soon.

On my reading list so far:

"The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay" -- Michael Chabon (saw it on of B&N's recommended reading table -- but I grabbed it for a buck long before I saw it there, hehe)

"The Best Thing That Can Happen to a Croissant" -- Pablo Tusset

Other books I do highly recommend:

"Shantaram" -- Gregory David Roberts; this is by far my favorite book... I bought it about 5 years ago, never came around to reading and finishing it until 3 years later! I was like "wow, why didn't I read this sooner!?"

"Middlesex" -- Jeffrey Eugenides; interesting novel

Happy Reading!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Angels and Demons was a good film so I am sure the book is too! Gotta love the NET, download everything ... not miss so much here in DZ ...

I'm good Henna Rose! And you? How you holding up? I will have to check out the Secret ... thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.